A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 05:14:18 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sacrifice is for suckers -- not unionized government employees.  (Read 6329 times)
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 03:54:09 pm »

She was holding onto the wheel and allowing herself to be "dragged" until her ride-along just reached up and pulled her free, so she wasnt able to get a legal shot off.  She probably wont be taking any ride-alongs again.

So it's her fault a drunk was trying to drive off and he is now her victim ?  WoW, that might the sh!Tiest comment ever in my book.  Glad you or someone you care about wasnt in one of those cars (or a bystander) the driver was running into before she got to him.

rwarn17588
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2010, 10:08:16 pm »

So it's her fault a drunk was trying to drive off and he is now her victim ?  WoW, that might the sh!Tiest comment ever in my book.  Glad you or someone you care about wasnt in one of those cars (or a bystander) the driver was running into before she got to him.

Well, the comment was from Mr. I Hate Cops and Street Lights ... a two-trick pony.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2010, 12:04:30 am »

Your animosity towards TPD is well noted.

You keep saying that, ignoring my well-established apprehension of any individual or entity that exercises power disproportionate to their accountability.  Why you choose to take it personally when the conversation involves TPD is puzzling, and unhealthy to friendly discussion. 

If you had any hard info showing that reducing the number patrolmen had no effect on crime you would have presented it. I just called you on it.

Im afraid your victory may be a hollow one, since I only agreed with another poster's observation that the crime wave the FOP promised didnt immediately appear after the layoffs.

So it's her fault a drunk was trying to drive off and he is now her victim ?  WoW, that might the sh!Tiest comment ever in my book.  Glad you or someone you care about wasnt in one of those cars (or a bystander) the driver was running into before she got to him.

You are walking down the street.
As you pass me, I suddenly stick out my foot in such a way that you end up unable to avoid stepping on it.
As I roll in the street wailing loudly, people gather around to hear my tearful story of how your brutal assault has crushed my foot.

You have injured me.
...there were witnesses who saw me collapse in pain, and a bruise.
I can legally take action against you on that alone.

Yet none of the material evidence nor witness accounts reflect that my status as victim was engineered, that my injury at your hands was precipitated by a calculated tactic on my part.

There is no reasonable expectation that a person of average strength can stop a motor vehicle by grasping a steering wheel through a driver's window.  Such a reasonable person would know that such an action on their part would likely result in harm to themselves, and if such harm were imminent, would be immediately remedied by releasing their grasp of the moving vehicle.

Any other course of action would either be unreasonable, or a calculated tactic. 

The cop that was arrested by fellow officers for being drunk and threatening people with a gun, had left his previous department after his use of this tactic resulted in the death of a person in police custody, even though it was publicly presented that his actions were "legal".

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2010, 12:17:48 am »

Let's see, an officer takes an oath "I will protect the lives, rights and property of all citizens . . . with my life if need be" so it is her job to put herself in harm's way to protect others.  You may think that's stupid, but she's doing the job she swore to do. 

waterboy
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2010, 08:48:25 am »

Well, Patrick, I don't ever remember responding to any of your posts, especially that you are a cop hater. I only remember noting that you seem to have great insights about wasteful spending on PSO's behalf by the city and that you resent authority, specifically TPD.

My only purpose on this forum anymore is to point out inconsistencies of logic or outright misunderstandings of things I know something about. Kind of like you and streetlights. I don't have time to argue about differences of opinion or politics. I am not a member of the fraternity, I'm a past alum.

When a cop reaches in to a drunks car to turn off the ignition, there is no plausible defense for dragging him/her in an effort to thwart the action. The cop is legitimate. The drunk is not. To use your contrived situation of tripping, imagine that the innocent pedestrian was about to pull the trigger of a gun aimed at another pedestrian when the cop found that her best move was to trip the pedestrian and thereby diffuse the situation. A drunk in a car is a loaded weapon aimed at the public.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2010, 11:20:45 am »

I don't ever remember responding to any of your posts, especially that you are a cop hater.
I may have blurred your comments with Conan's baiting in my haste -- sorry to have insulted you in such a way  Wink
Also, if you knew me better you would find the term "cop hater" to be uncharacteristic, and inaccurate to say the least.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
waterboy
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2010, 03:23:50 pm »

I may have blurred your comments with Conan's baiting in my haste -- sorry to have insulted you in such a way  Wink
Also, if you knew me better you would find the term "cop hater" to be uncharacteristic, and inaccurate to say the least.

I'm not that thin skinned. I share with you a distrust of abusive authority, especially authorities who carry weapons and a bad attitude.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org