A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:31:14 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bike Shop At 11th & Elgin & Marshall's Beer  (Read 5292 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« on: June 25, 2010, 03:13:27 pm »

Just FYI, the old liquor store now known as Superleggera Cycling & Multisport has a free keg of Marshall's Sundown Wheat 4:30 to 6pm 'ish according to their Facebook page.  These are some really nice guys working hard to promote their business.  Come check out some alternate forms of transportation and have a Marshall's or two on them.  Hope to see some of you there.

My understanding is this will be a regular Friday happening.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 03:16:41 pm »

bicycling and beer.  Yep, nothing can go wrong here hehe.  Better then having a keg party at a car dealership though. 
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 03:22:02 pm »

bicycling and beer.  Yep, nothing can go wrong here hehe.  Better then having a keg party at a car dealership though. 

It's all cool until Paul Tay shows up

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 03:29:49 pm »

It's all cool until Paul Tay shows up

That Santa suit has to be stinky today.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 04:00:30 pm »

That Santa suit has to be stinky today.
oh that's not a thought I wanted in my head. 
TS
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 09:02:37 am »

My name is Ted Summers and I'm one of the owners Superleggera Cycling & Multisport.  I just want to say thanks for the mention and I'd like ot invite everyone to come down and have a look at the shop and see what we're all about.  The Free Beer Fridays is a weekly deal.  We start at about 4:30ish on Fridays till about 6 or so and we always have something from Marshall's in the keg-o-rater.  The shop is uniquely Tulsa as myself and my partner are both from here and grew up here, and we're both very commited to Tulsa.  I've lived all over the country and managed bike shops from Aspen to OKC to DC and couldn't have pciked a better place to start my own shop.

Again, thanks for the shout out and come on down to see the shop, something changes just about everyday  Cheesy.

TS
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 09:21:14 am »

My name is Ted Summers and I'm one of the owners Superleggera Cycling & Multisport.  I just want to say thanks for the mention and I'd like ot invite everyone to come down and have a look at the shop and see what we're all about.  The Free Beer Fridays is a weekly deal.  We start at about 4:30ish on Fridays till about 6 or so and we always have something from Marshall's in the keg-o-rater.  The shop is uniquely Tulsa as myself and my partner are both from here and grew up here, and we're both very commited to Tulsa.  I've lived all over the country and managed bike shops from Aspen to OKC to DC and couldn't have pciked a better place to start my own shop.

Again, thanks for the shout out and come on down to see the shop, something changes just about everyday  Cheesy.

TS
Great to have you on the boards, thanks for making an appearance.  Always happy to help out the local folks.  I will deffinatly see about joining you folks one of these fridays.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010, 12:13:12 pm »

My thanks for mentioning this shop.  I stopped there this morning.  It's definitely more bicycling fodder for the Examiner.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2010, 07:26:36 pm »

When I was learning to ride a unicycle, the first time I went outside I had a couple (not a bunch) of beers to "give me confidence" and make the falls hurt less.  Worked out fine.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2010, 09:48:35 pm »

It was cool to see Ted help one of the 11th St locals fix a flat before I left last night. It's still a gamble to do what they are doing where they are but take a look at the rest of Gunboat and I think the timing is great.

tulsacyclist
Civic Leader

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 01:54:46 pm »

This shop is awesome. Great guys who are very helpful and quite committed to Tulsa as Ted mentioned. Definitely worth checking out!

OSU
Activist

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 03:39:40 pm »

What bike brand does the shop carry? I'm guessing Italian with a name like "Superleggera".

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2010, 03:46:43 pm »

Orbea and Cannondale.  They're looking to attract the triathletes who are under served by other area shops.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
tulsacyclist
Civic Leader

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 10:45:29 pm »

They also carry BMC.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org