A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 10:38:27 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Blue Hair in a White Tarus going the wrong way on N-169 this morning.  (Read 2385 times)
Mike 01Hawk
Civic Leader

Peace be with you

« on: October 14, 2010, 08:08:04 am »

LoL.

It was the damdist thing I've ever seen. 

I was just past 244 were the construction starts to get really heavy and here this white tarus was coming head on.  At first I thought it was a construction inspector/worker's vehicle.... NOPE... old blue hair with her hands @ 10 and 2 OBLIVIOUS that she was on the wrong side of the highway.

Last I heard they finally stopped her @ 61st.. Cheesy

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 08:14:19 am »

LoL.

It was the damdist thing I've ever seen. 

I was just past 244 were the construction starts to get really heavy and here this white tarus was coming head on.  At first I thought it was a construction inspector/worker's vehicle.... NOPE... old blue hair with her hands @ 10 and 2 OBLIVIOUS that she was on the wrong side of the highway.

Last I heard they finally stopped her @ 61st.. Cheesy

Some of us drink coffee, others have a little bing'er to brighten their day, yet others barrel down highways going the wrong direction.
Mike 01Hawk
Civic Leader

Peace be with you

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 08:21:11 am »

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=13322501
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 08:26:38 am »

Congratulations are in order for someone. Whether it's the drivers on the road who managed to avoid the wrong-way driver or police for reacting quickly to get traffic stopped, I don't know. But thanks to whoever deserves it.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Mike 01Hawk
Civic Leader

Peace be with you

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 08:48:02 am »

I attempted to call 911, but after 45 seconds on hold with the dispatcher, and then another 45 seconds on hold with Police, I just gave up assuming there were 20 other people calling it in  Wink
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 09:51:06 am »

I attempted to call 911, but after 45 seconds on hold with the dispatcher, and then another 45 seconds on hold with Police, I just gave up assuming there were 20 other people calling it in  Wink

Or dumb asses still calling in the earthquake from yesterday.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 12:01:41 pm »

I assume the police gave her directions downtown.

We welcome wrong-way drivers here. The police just give a friendly wave.

It's a drinking game: one drink for a wrong-way driver, four drinks if they immediately turn onto a second one-way going the wrong way. Two drinks if they stop at the light for five or more seconds, then proceed against the light. Two drinks if they go the wrong way around the main mall fountain. Three if they hit the fountain.

Drink 'til you pass out when they cause a head-on collision.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org