A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 04:20:16 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Medical Marijuana Day Coming to State Capitol This Month  (Read 11234 times)
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2011, 08:40:58 am »

A medicinal marijuana bill in the state of Oklahoma?

No chance of passing. This bill will go up in smoke.

I see what you did there.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2011, 12:40:04 pm »

Dano,
Everybody's gotta have a dream.  Med MJ for Oklahoma is one of those delusional fantasies that we all have from time to time.

Too bad.

It should be taken one step further - decriminalize completely. 

Start using the stuff for what it is proven best of all sources.  Paper.  Feedstock for ethanol production (this would really step on big oils feet).  Natural clothing (if you could get a buzz from cotton, it would be illegal, too).  Even rope.  Feed for livestock (talk about contented cows!)  Medical treatments - oops! that might cause some controversy - even though we routinely use opiates that are much more 'toxic' and dangerous.  Wow - just think - a natural medical treatment with the lowest known adverse side affects available! 

Oh, yeah - to cop the occasional buzz.  Infinitely safer than our two other leading addictive substances; cigarettes and alcohol.  But hey, that would require a national (and state) sanity that can never be achieved.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2011, 05:46:48 pm »

When  the United States lost the suppler of hemp during WWll the government turned to promoting the production of MJ to replace the loss of our supply of hemp.  Thus in Kansas it became a standard crop.  It became a native plant in the fence rows there and remained so for years.  It was only in the current  generations, where we seek a whipping boy.  The  prime reason not to legalize is that it can be easily grown in back yards or a tin can and there is no way that it could be taxed.  Alcohol contains all of the condition that is attributed to MJ but the production can be controlled and taxed like the cash cow of tobacco which also contains a warning on the package. It is not the effeteness as a drug is in question but is because it cannot be converted to a cash political cow.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 05:49:53 pm by shadows » Logged

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
bokworker
Civic Leader

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2011, 06:22:29 pm »

When  the United States lost the suppler of hemp during WWll the government turned to promoting the production of MJ to replace the loss of our supply of hemp.  Thus in Kansas it became a standard crop.  It became a native plant in the fence rows there and remained so for years.  It was only in the current  generations, where we seek a whipping boy.  The  prime reason not to legalize is that it can be easily grown in back yards or a tin can and there is no way that it could be taxed.  Alcohol contains all of the condition that is attributed to MJ but the production can be controlled and taxed like the cash cow of tobacco which also contains a warning on the package. It is not the effeteness as a drug is in question but is because it cannot be converted to a cash political cow.

Is it just me, worn out from a long day and still at the office, or is this not the most lucid post ever by Shadows?

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2011, 06:30:17 pm »

Is it just me, worn out from a long day and still at the office, or is this not the most lucid post ever by Shadows?

There was one that was?
bokworker
Civic Leader

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2011, 06:41:59 pm »

There was one that was?

I am speaking fo Shadows so the bar for lucidity is not that high.... hehehehe, I said high.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2011, 06:54:32 pm »

Wow!  I agree.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2011, 09:18:24 pm »

Can you say Moonshine?

shadows
City Father

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2011, 03:13:44 pm »

Can you say Moonshine?

I have stood on a porch where there was a 12 foot stock of MJ growing in the back yard and was looking at the front door of the TPD.  There was possibly 20 little bags of MJ lying on the front porch. I have seen half barrels with the MJ plants in it sitting beside the steps of apartment house as decoration.  The attorneys, bail bondsmen  and police make millions of dollars yearly by MJ being a crime when in ones possession.  It is very easy to plant it on a victim.  To decimalize it would take away a large part of their income.

An out-of-state GJ at present is looking at inequities and it will possible take 10 years or more to wind the finding through the courts. 

Moonshine production can be detected more that a mile away where the odor from MJ is in a short radius but the green/yellow color is easy to detect from the air.       

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2011, 10:00:19 am »

A medicinal marijuana bill in the state of Oklahoma?

No chance of passing. This bill will go up in smoke.

But look what might pass,

HB 1798  by Tibbs  and  David, makes it a felony to burn marijuana if it produces hash, with a possible life sentence.
Spending all that alcohol industry lobby money must be rough on them.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org