A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 05:53:34 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: None of the Above  (Read 73 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« on: June 12, 2024, 11:22:50 am »

I know this has been discussed before but couldn't find anything with search.....

Oklahoma doesn't have a None-of-the-Above choice on election ballots.   I just checked with the Tulsa County Election Board about putting a ballot in the machine with no selections.  Since a voter signs the register before getting a ballot, the voter will be credited with voting even if no selections are made on the ballot.  (Secret ballot).

While a None-of-the-Above option would make a louder voice, at least the voter can get credit for voting without having to select the least horrible candidate.

I expect that a letter writing campaign to the legislatures would meet with a dead-end.  Perhaps a voter initiative (or whatever it's called) could get None-of-the-Above options on the ballots.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2024, 11:25:42 am by Red Arrow » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org