A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 01:47:15 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cool Find....  (Read 1604 times)
tulsa1603
Philanthropist

« on: July 19, 2006, 09:43:09 pm »

I'm renovating my kitchen, and tonight, I was removing the old granite backsplash.  I guess at some point over the years, some business cards, notes, etc. have slipped down behind it.  I found cards for some long gone businesses.  My guess is that many of these date back to the 1930's.....

Avondale Grocery & Market
3030 E. 15th St.

Floyd and Lloyd Service Station
2901 E. 15th St.
(actually a punch card that when full, would give the bearer a free Wash and Grease Job) much like today's car washes offer Smiley

Barral Gens Store
$0.13 receipt.  

Spence Auto Body Service
Parking all day for 10 Cents (!)
722 South Main Street

National Building Materials Co
Sold "Spruce, wool insulation, weatherstripping"
8 N. Cheyenne

I found a coupon for free silverware from Post Cereal that expired September 30, 1940

I dunno, I thought it was a kinda neat glimpse at Tulsa's past [}:)]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org