A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 12:13:56 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I-44 at Yale  (Read 2286 times)
MichaelC
« on: September 07, 2006, 03:45:16 pm »

From KTUL

quote:
Tulsa - Major progress is being made on the largest construction project in the Tulsa area. Crews have been on the job at I-44 and Yale for eight months. Those efforts are now paying off. The eastbound lanes are now using a brand new bridge.

State engineers tell us the project is well ahead of schedule. Westbound traffic will start using the new roadway in about a week. NewsChannel 8's Bill Mitchell reports this is just the beginning. In the next few months, the 21-million dollar project will bring about even more changes.

Engineers and construction crew leaders say it wasn't easy getting the project done. Some of the workers had to work 24/7 to get the job to where it is today.

"This way, by working 24/7 and having a night crew, there is no mistake on getting in each other's way," says ODOT Project Engineer Matt Moshiri. "They try to stay 24/7, until they catch up, until they feel comfortable."

The people and customers in businesses along the highway are pleased with the construction progress.

"I'm very happy with that," says John Brandon. "Looking forward to the rest of the expressway being opened up to Riverside. But, I assume that's going to take a few years. But, we're happy to see this open today."

Once they get the eastbound traffic flowing, one week later, they will start diverting westbound traffic, then start working on the other parts of the project.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org