A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 05:24:12 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dr. Paul, you write a mean newsletter!  (Read 2322 times)
we vs us
City Father

« on: January 09, 2008, 11:29:04 am »

A decade or two of Ron Paul's pamphlets are given the once-over By The New Republic:

quote:
"From his newsletters, however, a different picture of Paul emerges--that of someone who is either himself deeply embittered or, for a long time, allowed others to write bitterly on his behalf. His adversaries are often described in harsh terms: Barbara Jordan is called "Barbara Morondon," Eleanor Holmes Norton is a "black pinko," Donna Shalala is a "short lesbian," Ron Brown is a "racial victimologist," and Roberta Achtenberg, the first openly gay public official confirmed by the United States Senate, is a "far-left, normal-hating lesbian activist." Maybe such outbursts mean Ron Paul really is a straight-talker. Or maybe they just mean he is a man filled with hate."

http://www.tnr.com/politics/story.html?id=e2f15397-a3c7-4720-ac15-4532a7da84ca
tulsacyclist
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 11:58:54 am »

I'm not an RP supporter but found this on RonPaul2008.com

quote:
January 8, 2008 5:28 am EST

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA – In response to an article published by The New Republic, Ron Paul issued the following statement:

“The quotations in The New Republic article are not mine and do not represent what I believe or have ever believed.  I have never uttered such words and denounce such small-minded thoughts.

“In fact, I have always agreed with Martin Luther King, Jr. that we should only be concerned with the content of a person's character, not the color of their skin.  As I stated on the floor of the U.S. House on April 20, 1999:  ‘I rise in great respect for the courage and high ideals of Rosa Parks who stood steadfastly for the rights of individuals against unjust laws and oppressive governmental policies.’

“This story is old news and has been rehashed for over a decade.  It's once again being resurrected for obvious political reasons on the day of the New Hampshire primary.

“When I was out of Congress and practicing medicine full-time, a newsletter was published under my name that I did not edit.  Several writers contributed to the product.   For over a decade, I have publicly taken moral responsibility for not paying closer attention to what went out under my name.”

grahambino
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 04:18:22 pm »

so my question is who's campaign forged it?
my guess is Fred Thompson.
YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 01:11:54 am »

quote:
Originally posted by grahambino

It wasn't forged, but it wasn't written by Paul either.  Between his stints in the US congress (while he was back to being a practicing obstetrician and after his 1988 Presidential run) there was a libertarian newsletter published called the Ron Paul Political Report.  I guess it bore his name since he was one of the leaders of the libertarian movement at the time.  Of course, when it comes to libertarianism you always attract the crazies along with the normal people who just want freedom from government, so there are some people with racist views.  Either way, it had some pretty bad racial stuff in it about blacks/gays/jews, your typical targets of white supremecists.  He since then denounced their racist rants and expressed regret for not paying attention to what was being published with his name on it.  It was brought up back when he ran for congress in the late 90s, and they dug it up again now to smear him with.

Whether you agree with his policy or not, Paul seems like a principled and honest man to me, so I'm going to have to assume this is the truth.  Unfortunately, once a smear has been released, it doesn't matter if you deny it successfully, because the damage is already done.  Kind of like the Obama/Madrassa crap they tried to smear him with a while back.

rockyfrisco
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 10:50:23 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by YoungTulsan

quote:
Originally posted by grahambino

It wasn't forged, but it wasn't written by Paul either.  Between his stints in the US congress (while he was back to being a practicing obstetrician and after his 1988 Presidential run) there was a libertarian newsletter published called the Ron Paul Political Report.  I guess it bore his name since he was one of the leaders of the libertarian movement at the time.  Of course, when it comes to libertarianism you always attract the crazies along with the normal people who just want freedom from government, so there are some people with racist views.  Either way, it had some pretty bad racial stuff in it about blacks/gays/jews, your typical targets of white supremecists.  He since then denounced their racist rants and expressed regret for not paying attention to what was being published with his name on it.  It was brought up back when he ran for congress in the late 90s, and they dug it up again now to smear him with.

Whether you agree with his policy or not, Paul seems like a principled and honest man to me, so I'm going to have to assume this is the truth.  Unfortunately, once a smear has been released, it doesn't matter if you deny it successfully, because the damage is already done.  Kind of like the Obama/Madrassa crap they tried to smear him with a while back.

It might be a good idea to note which "news" organizations promote the smear campaigns and work to keep Ron Paul out of the news except for negative stuff. This is how these creeps "out" themselves.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 10:01:47 am »

Interestinger and interestinger:

quote:
Ron Paul doesn't seem to know much about his own newsletters. The libertarian-leaning presidential candidate says he was unaware, in the late 1980s and early 1990s, of the bigoted rhetoric about African Americans and gays that was appearing under his name. He told CNN last week that he still has "no idea" who might have written inflammatory comments such as "Order was only restored in L.A. when it came time for the blacks to pick up their welfare checks"—statements he now repudiates. Yet in interviews with reason, a half-dozen longtime libertarian activists—including some still close to Paul—all named the same man as Paul's chief ghostwriter: Ludwig von Mises Institute founder Llewellyn Rockwell, Jr.

Yeah, that's this Lew Rockwell.

Worth a read for the dramatics if nothing else.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org