A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 04:51:25 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TulsaNow members in east Tulsa  (Read 7726 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2009, 11:08:22 pm »

Thank you

USRufnex
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 10:28:46 pm »

In Chicagoland, I woulda thought someone was trying to pull a fast one....... in Tulsa, I just come to the conclusion this was handled unprofessionally....

In the "unprofessional dept," I was afraid even if I rolled the foundation repairs into the loan, I coulda seen an appraisal that would have required an additional structural inspection, then I could have had conflicting opinions on whether there was a problem with the main slab..... walked away.

Moving to Cherry Street.
Sorry, east Tulsa.   Grin
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 10:31:16 pm by USRufnex » Logged
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2009, 10:38:08 pm »

In Chicagoland, I woulda thought someone was trying to pull a fast one....... in Tulsa, I just come to the conclusion this was handled unprofessionally....

In the "unprofessional dept," I was afraid even if I rolled the foundation repairs into the loan, I coulda seen an appraisal that would have required an additional structural inspection, then I could have had conflicting opinions on whether there was a problem with the main slab..... walked away.

Moving to Cherry Street.
Renting or buying?   Good Luck.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2009, 10:55:04 pm »

Moving to Cherry Street.

So long as you account for the cost of structural repairs and any additional "stigma" cost of the structural issues you can forsee when it comes time for you to re-sell it, structurals can work in your favor as long as you accept that your market time could become unacceptable down the road or it may prove no issue so long as they were dealt with properly, there's a warranty on the repairs, and there's been no more active movement.

But, I can't blame you for walking away, especially if you felt your offer didn't reflect anything that should have been in the disclosure.  That whole thing smells fishy with the lack of disclosure, so you probably did the right thing Ruf.  I'm sure it's got to be a little frustrating if you were pretty much set on moving into this house.  You'll enjoy the Cherry St. area, I'm sure.  Are you buying or renting on Cherry St.?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org