A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 06:11:55 pm
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Centennial Green  (Read 28839 times)
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2008, 05:28:16 pm »

I saw an earlier version of the sculpture and it looked quite nice. Just some proportional tweaking of what was there, and that would have been fine. This version looks like he kept adding and adding and didnt know when to stop lol. Perhaps take the "wings" off and the bottom part? Sometimes you just have to step away, take a breather, and try to look at your work with fresh eyes. Things can slowly evolve and you can lose track of how it actually looks. Its a tricky thing that happens to many an art project and with any artist. More isnt always better.

Parred down a bit... add the fountain shooting up through there with the water cascading down the stepped areas and it would look just fine imho.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 10:26:52 pm by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
ARGUS
Civic Leader

« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2008, 07:22:10 pm »

Thats Shane Fernandez; he aint stoned, he dont smoke the evil weed you dorks. He do ride a mean MX bike tho' and he is a good guy. I used to call him Abu Saif' (the asian terror group) to tease him as he is from the Phillipines (sp?)
The sculpture is not my cup of tea.[xx(]

AVERAGE JOE
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2008, 01:34:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

well, that explains why it looks like an MX stunt ramp.

You ever have anything positive to say? Try a bran muffin once in awhile... it'll do wonders for you.

The Centennial Tree is huge. That'll take care of a lot of the concerns about the north edge of the park. If not, a couple of smaller trees on the NW corner would finish it off.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2008, 03:06:39 pm »

What I haven't had clearly explained is where the sculpture goes. Everyone says "on top of the fountain" and I don't know if that means on the highest point which is the back or if it's in front of the fountain jet. The water height varies so I'm confused on how you mesh a large sculpture with it.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2008, 04:10:15 pm »

I sure hope the water somehow flows in and over the sculpture.  Tired of our lame "fountains" in downtown.  If this sculpture can make the water do something interesting, I'm happy.  
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2008, 09:30:54 am »

quote:
Originally posted by PonderInc

I sure hope the water somehow flows in and over the sculpture.  Tired of our lame "fountains" in downtown.  If this sculpture can make the water do something interesting, I'm happy.  

Maybe the water will glow red, flow from side to side and a tinny soundtrack will say "by your command".
Gold
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2008, 10:46:36 am »

I hear the fountain doesn't have water in the usual sense, but it is instead dyed blood, sweat, and tears of Tulsans stolen by the Tulsa World, the Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals, F&M Bank, Kaiser, Arby's, Manhattan Construction, Mrs. Dehaven's, and Randi Miller.  The statue is actually a picture of the yacht they all ride around on in the Carribbean.

/Idiot Conspiracy Theory mode
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2008, 11:01:45 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Gold

I hear the fountain doesn't have water in the usual sense, but it is instead dyed blood, sweat, and tears of Tulsans stolen by the Tulsa World, the Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals, F&M Bank, Kaiser, Arby's, Manhattan Construction, Mrs. Dehaven's, and Randi Miller.  The statue is actually a picture of the yacht they all ride around on in the Carribbean.

/Idiot Conspiracy Theory mode

Kudos!

---Robert
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2008, 01:00:29 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Gold
...Mrs. Dehaven's...

I always wanted to open a store right next door to theis place and call it "Ain't Miss DeHaven".

Power is nothing till you use it.
bacjz00
Civic Leader

« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2009, 09:13:03 am »

Anyone know when the sculpture is scheduled to be installed?  Like it or not, I'm ready for something on top of that platform.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2009, 01:13:42 pm »

The sculpture (and the rest of the park) are likely to be completed by the end of May.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2009, 02:16:39 pm »

The sculpture was installed almost on schedule and the amphitheater backdrop/centennial walk guide are being installed now.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2009, 06:33:47 pm »

Oh kewl, was wondering if the amphitheater part was even going to actually happen. Good news to help finish up that park and make it more useable.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2009, 09:11:54 pm »

Oh kewl, was wondering if the amphitheater part was even going to actually happen. Good news to help finish up that park and make it more useable.

They put it out to bid once and no-one responded. Apparently the second attempt went better.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #89 on: March 03, 2010, 01:55:38 pm »

Just noticed many new trees being added today.  Are they starting on a new phase?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org