A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 09:32:52 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Centennial Green  (Read 29876 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2008, 09:04:34 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

I ain't going to get in the fountain. I am afraid of water (not homophobia...hydrophobia).

Good thing you said you are afraid of water. First thing I thought of with hydrophobia was rabies. Remember the movie "Old Yellar"?

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2008, 09:29:14 pm »

The boy (Travis) shot Old Yeller because he had hydrophobia (rabies)...don't get any ideas.

Power is nothing till you use it.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2008, 09:14:07 pm »

Renderings are here Le Artiste~

http://www.landlegacy.com/blog/2007/08/coming-soon-new-park-in-downtown-tulsa.html
Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2008, 09:36:01 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by AVERAGE JOE

quote:
Originally posted by TheTed

Hopefully they don't turn it off at night like the Bartlett Square fountain.

Agreed. It's been running at night this week at least.

Better catch it quick, then!  

hardy har har
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2008, 08:20:28 am »

Will have to talk over that way tonight, hope the water is running would be sad if its off.

Thank you,
Robert Town
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2008, 03:42:53 pm »

I don't claim to be a tree expert, but did they just plant a bunch of dead trees around this park?
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2008, 04:12:40 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by PonderInc

I don't claim to be a tree expert, but did they just plant a bunch of dead trees around this park?

They were dead trees walking as soon as someone decided to plant them in 105 temps.  I hope that company will come out to replace them.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2008, 12:13:45 pm »

quote:

I just ran out there to check but they are still alive and covered in foliage like in the pictures I posted above.
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2008, 01:01:00 pm »

quote:

Mostly planted alive (the "grove" was planted early in the spring), and several died in place...  The smaller shrubs mostly came later... typically loosing 20% is predictable although due to the weather delays on this project many plantings were late so the loss ratio is likely higher.  Lastly the City requires all specimens to be thriving at final inspection or payment is not made and then usually again one year later they must be healthy at the warranty inspection.

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
OurTulsa
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2008, 01:06:23 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Vision 2025

quote:

Mostly planted alive (the "grove" was planted early in the spring), and several died in place...  The smaller shrubs mostly came later... typically loosing 20% is predictable although due to the weather delays on this project many plantings were late so the loss ratio is likely higher.  Lastly the City requires all specimens to be thriving at final inspection or payment is not made and then usually again one year later they must be healthy at the warranty inspection.

Where's the trees on the north side, at least as depicted on the original plan?
MDepr2007
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2008, 01:28:31 pm »

quote:

quote:

Stricter on tree contractors than the city is for cement contractors,,,,
joiei
City Father

« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2008, 02:44:15 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by OurTulsa

quote:

quote:

I realize they are not finished yet but trees down the north side would be nice to give a more completed look to the park.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
OurTulsa
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2008, 04:08:56 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by joiei

quote:

quote:

quote:

I realize they are not finished yet but trees down the north side would be nice to give a more completed look to the park.

Maybe TulsaNow can sponsor the picketers in front of the Mayo and have them march the northside of the park when its hot.  Sweat their a$$e$ off while chanting:

Need Some Trees-
   Need Some Trees-
On the North Side-
   On the North Side!
Kiah
Philanthropist

« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2008, 09:26:33 am »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by joiei

quote:

quote:

quote:

Maybe TulsaNow can sponsor the picketers in front of the Mayo and have them march the northside of the park when its hot.  Sweat their a$$e$ off while chanting:

Need Some Trees-
   Need Some Trees-
On the North Side-
   On the North Side!

Yet another example of the north side getting the shaft . . . .

Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2008, 02:31:26 pm »

Dead tree replacement underway today!

FYI - The rendering shown in the link was the preliminary rendering, after budgeting and plans were developed and bids were taken several items were eliminated and/or phased like the kiosk to get the project into the available funds.

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org