A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 04:17:16 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Driller stadium season tickets  (Read 5554 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: August 25, 2008, 10:27:05 am »

Here is info from the Tulsa Drillers...Get Tickets For The New Park!
Drillers Release Ticket Details  

August 25, 2008 - Mayor Kathy Taylor and Drillers President Chuck Lamson announced Saturday that they have reached an agreement, in principle, to build a new ballpark for the Drillers in the historic Greenwood District in downtown Tulsa.  The timing of the agreement allows for a 2010 opening of the new ballpark.

In addition, the Drillers have established a Priority Waiting List for season tickets at the new ballpark. Seating preference in the downtown ballpark will be based on the following criteria:

Priority seating will first be given to 2009 season ticket holders.  If you are a current (2008) season ticket holder, renewal information for the 2009 season will be mailed and emailed to you in September.  Please fill out those forms and return them to us by the deadline to ensure your seats for the final season at Drillers Stadium and to secure priority seating at the new ballpark in 2010.

If you are not currently a Drillers Season ticket holder but would like to secure priority seating at the new ballpark, you can purchase 2009 season tickets to gain that benefit.

If you are ONLY interested in getting seats at the new ballpark in 2010, seat locations will be determined after all 2009 season ticket holders are placed. Those who sign up for the 2010 waiting list will have their seats placed in the order in which their deposit was received.

http://tulsa.drillers.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t260

Power is nothing till you use it.
rwarn17588
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 10:34:33 am »

Don't want to rain on your parade, but isn't that typical of all ball teams?

*Of course* you're going to give first dibs to season-ticket holders. They are the most-valued customers.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 10:41:22 am »

Yes. I think it is very common.

I posted it because I just signed up to be on the waiting list. I didn't post it until I filled out the forms because I wanted to be in line ahead of all you guys.

Downtown baseball will change everything.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 12:06:59 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

I posted it because I just signed up to be on the waiting list. I didn't post it until I filled out the forms because I wanted to be in line ahead of all you guys.

Oilers did something similar, but what they did was give you an option to buy 2 seasons of season tickets at the old CC rates to give you one year in the CC and the first year in the BOK.  The seats I had at the CC were 475; those same seats now are 689 if purchased on their own.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 12:16:32 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Hoss

quote:

Oilers did something similar, but what they did was give you an option to buy 2 seasons of season tickets at the old CC rates to give you one year in the CC and the first year in the BOK.  The seats I had at the CC were 475; those same seats now are 689 if purchased on their own.

How much do you predict that ticket prices will INCREASE at the new downtown Drillers Stadium?

General admission tickets are now $6.00.......

« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 12:32:26 pm by Friendly Bear » Logged
jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 12:31:38 pm »

OK, maybe I'm missing something.  First things first, how much are season tickets for '09?  Are these assigned seats in the lower reserved area?  Is there any idea how much they will be in '10 and/or specifics on the actual seating areas?

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 12:33:55 pm »

I guarantee that the Driller season tickets will be the cheapest of any of the local teams on a per game basis.

70 game season tickets now are between $300 and $400 each. That means you can get the best seats (box seats behind the dugout) for less than $6 a game.

Tulsa Talons season tickets cost $102 to $521 or $14 to $65 a seat. Tulsa Oilers season tickets are $300 to $625 or $9.35 to $19.50 a tiket.

Baseball will be cheaper than any other sport even with a new ballpark.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 01:04:29 pm »

quote:

I guarantee that the Driller season tickets will be the cheapest of any of the local teams on a per game basis.

70 game season tickets now are between $300 and $400 each. That means you can get the best seats (box seats behind the dugout) for less than $6 a game.

Tulsa Talons season tickets cost $102 to $521 or $14 to $65 a seat. Tulsa Oilers season tickets are $300 to $625 or $9.35 to $19.50 a tiket.

True, but, and I hate to say it, baseball is horrible about, as I say it, 'taking 8 minutes of sheer excitement and compressing it from 3 hours of utter boredom'.

Sorry to the baseball fans in here.

Hockey is usually pretty action packed for about two and a half hours; same with arena football.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 01:28:21 pm »

quote:

I love to go to Driller's game, but 70 games a year - We would need to collect a salary for all that time spend with our asses in those seats.  Somebody is gonna have to mow the lawn, clean the house, do the dishes, do lesson plans, feed the pets, work late for me when needed.  If I had money to share, I'd buy them and share, but I was hoping for a 2'nd tier option. Something like a 25 game package even where you could use credits to book seats.

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
OkieDiva
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 03:05:17 pm »

My family splits season tickets with a large group of people... love the Drillers 15-20 times per year, would never get our money's worth out of 70 games.

Organizing ticket-sharing independently isn't easy. Perhaps Chuck Lamson and his team will offer some kind of split deal (1/4 season packages?) in the new arena if there's enough demand for it. Major league teams frequently offer these kinds of deals.
Wrinkle
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 03:42:40 pm »

Ha, ha, ha...selling tickets to a ballpark which isn't even authorized yet, much less built.

Good one.

Working out seating isn't exactly on my list yet.

bmuscotty
Civic Leader

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2008, 02:46:38 pm »

I have Talons season tickets, end zone, 5 rows from the field. 2 seats $111 each. Same seats in the BOK Center are now $270 each best as I can figure from the seating map map the Talons gave us. Going to the open house this weekend and check it out.

MDepr2007
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2008, 02:54:31 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by bmuscotty

I have Talons season tickets, end zone, 5 rows from the field. 2 seats $111 each. Same seats in the BOK Center are now $270 each best as I can figure from the seating map map the Talons gave us. Going to the open house this weekend and check it out.

Imagine the price a year after that..
Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 10:45:47 am »

quote:
Originally posted by MDepr2007

quote:
Originally posted by bmuscotty

Imagine the price a year after that..

Part of the hidden price to finance the new downtown Driller stadium is how MUCH more the Tulsa COUNTY taxpayers will be docked by the new Business Improvement District Tax.

A THOUSAND Percent increase in our BID tax on county owned property!

Today's Lorton's World finally got around to telling us this little detail about how the BID Tax in increasing from $14K per year to $154K per year just on downtown County-owned property.

Since the BID tax is based on SQUARE FOOTAGE, proportionately, the Jail and County Courthouse get wholloped the hardest.  Which means the taxpayers get to keep paying for the downtown Drillers stadium for the next 30 years.

Another 30 YEAR financing deal thanks to our High Maintenance Mayor Taylor.

Here's the link....

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080831_16_A17_hParto908543

And our perfectly adequate, DEBT-FREE Tulsa County Fairgrounds Driller stadium is only 27 years old......

« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 10:48:32 am by Friendly Bear » Logged
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008, 12:39:11 pm »

*YAWN* @ FB
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org