A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 02:28:43 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Casa Larado - Open downtown...  (Read 6408 times)
zstyles
Philanthropist

« on: August 27, 2008, 09:20:46 pm »

Just saw it on the news...very cool! Has to beat that "other mexican" place that I ate at once and couldn't belive they called it MEXCIAN!
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 09:34:11 pm »

Mexicali Border?
Elote?
El Guapos?
That thing on the main mall?
dsjeffries
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 09:58:41 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

Mexicali Border?
Elote?
El Guapos?
That thing on the main mall?

A city can never have too many Mexican/Tex-Mex places.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 10:18:28 pm »

I was there tonight.

Talked to the owners Guillermo and Edith Rojas...

The frozen margarita I had was so strong I swear it will put hair on my kids.

Power is nothing till you use it.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 05:46:58 am »

quote:
Originally posted by zstyles

Just saw it on the news...very cool! Has to beat that "other mexican" place that I ate at once and couldn't belive they called it MEXCIAN!

I remember the place but not the name and they were truly awful. I went there because they were open really late like 4 am or something like that.  Awful.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
tulsacyclist
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 06:46:11 am »

So how was the food, Michael?

jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 06:54:32 am »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

I was there tonight.

Talked to the owners Guillermo and Edith Rojas...

The frozen margarita I had was so strong I swear it will put hair on my kids.

Was that crazy gringo mariachi there?

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
AMP
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 07:41:29 am »

I have never heard of Casa Laredo, nor eaten their food that I can recall.

Is it anything like Speedy's at 23rd and Sheridan with real cheese melted sauces, or do they use that concession stand nacho cheese out of a can as some folks who commented on the news article link mentioned?

Address for this restaurant? Someone in those comments also asked for a Map of Downtown showing the attractions, restaurants etc.  

Here are some comments regarding the news account on the new opening.

http://www.topix.com/forum/tulsa/TMU678M47BDFJUV5J
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 07:47:04 am »

I didn't eat much. I had a margarita and tequila makes me even odder than normal.

You know the saying...computers allow you to make more mistakes faster than anything else except tequila...

I ate chips with queso...queso was bland but the salsa they brought was just right. My wife got some guacamole. They were giving out free food as an opening promotion. Each plate had some fajita beef, an empanada, and a soft cheese taco covered in ranchero sauce.

I don't know if I could give an adequate review of the food based on that night. I promise to eat there again in the next week (maybe today) and get back to you.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Kashmir
Civic Leader

"My name is Talking Tina and I think I hate you"

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 07:54:03 am »

When the one at the Farm first opened, my family was regulars.  We went there for years...then it seemed the when the one on Peoria closed  the command changed, because prices started rising, portions were smaller, and they put that awful raffia crap on the ceiling.  Last time we went there, "Edith" gave us a horrible dirty highchair and said it was all they had, which was bull, because there was a whole row in the hallway.  When we got up to leave, a waitress ran over with a highchair that was clean begging us not to go.  It was just too weird and I won't go back.[xx(]
tulsacyclist
Civic Leader

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 07:58:21 am »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

I don't know if I could give an adequate review of the food based on that night. I promise to eat there again in the next week (maybe today) and get back to you.

Thank you. I look forward to your review. I may be eating lunch there tomorrow.

AMP
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 08:42:33 am »

What is the address?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 09:09:36 am »

quote:
Originally posted by AMP

What is the address?

401 S cheyenne
AMP
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 11:13:58 pm »

Oh I remember the place on 41st street east of peoria now.  Stupid Statin drugs scramble my memory at times.  I ate there a lot.  Cheesey enchiladas, great chips and salsa. Yummy...

They published an Hispanic newspaper as I recall in an office in the next building.

Have to try it out again, in moderation of course, at their new location, sounds tempting, but my cardiologist may advise otherwise.  LOL
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 11:15:30 pm by AMP » Logged
bacjz00
Civic Leader

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 07:30:26 am »

Ate there for lunch yesterday...it was ok.

The service was pretty bad, although it's to be expected as I believe it was their first day open.  The hostess was very apologetic as we paid and certainly we forgave her Smiley  The chips were pretty good, queso was fairly generic but the hot sauce, as someone else pointed out was very good.  

Only the lunch portion of the menu was available to order from, so I had the enchilada lunch.  Overall impression of the food was pretty salty.  It wasn't terrible, but not great either.  The Tequila Bar was very nice I must say.  I can see many folks hanging out here before and after BOK Center events.  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org