A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 12:30:19 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Casa Larado - Open downtown...  (Read 6404 times)
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2008, 10:23:45 am »

RM, how was the empanada? I love those things.
tulsacyclist
Civic Leader

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2008, 10:38:03 am »

quote:
Originally posted by bacjz00

Ate there for lunch yesterday...it was ok.

The service was pretty bad, although it's to be expected as I believe it was their first day open.  The hostess was very apologetic as we paid and certainly we forgave her Smiley  The chips were pretty good, queso was fairly generic but the hot sauce, as someone else pointed out was very good.  

Only the lunch portion of the menu was available to order from, so I had the enchilada lunch.  Overall impression of the food was pretty salty.  It wasn't terrible, but not great either.  The Tequila Bar was very nice I must say.  I can see many folks hanging out here before and after BOK Center events.  

I had a similar experience yesterday for lunch. Service was pretty bad. Food was ok. I'll give it another go some day in the near future, I'm sure.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2008, 01:46:14 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by carltonplace

RM, how was the empanada? I love those things.

I will have to get back to you. The margarita clouded my senses. For all I know I was eating an Ipanema.

Power is nothing till you use it.
AMP
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2008, 01:23:28 am »

Ate there today following three hours measuring floor dimensions, door heigths, looking at egress and talking to the builder of the the BOK Arena and the Mayor.   Never quite got an accurate answer if there is a door that will fit a full size dump truck, but from initial look did not seem to be capable of handling large trucks on the floor.  

Ordered the Build your own Buritto for $7.50.  Much smaller than Speedy's $2.95 Buritto, but a totally different flavor.  The salsa is a bit on the hot side for me, but a good flavor.  See what you mean about the service there.  Sat by one person, then greeted and my order taken by a second person, then a third person took my second drink order.  Lost the first wait staff person for around 10 minutes, then re-apeared again when my food was delivered.  Never sure where wait staff seems to dissapear to in some restaurants.  

Anyway seemed to be quite expensive compared to other tex-mex style restaurants including Taco Bueno and Taco Bell and Speedys.   Their location may be part of the reason for the higher pricing with smaller portions.  Overall a nice place to stop in now and then.  A big plus there would be Wi Fi so one could catch up on work while awaiting the food order.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2008, 01:53:11 pm »

Are they open tonight.....

Steve
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2008, 12:23:27 pm »

I have fond memories when the new location was Tules back in the 1980's.

I hope the new Casa Laredo pays more attention to food safety and cleanliness; I know that the old location on 41st street was cited many, multiple times by the Health Department for code violations.  I quit patronizing them about 5 years ago because of this risk.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 12:26:10 pm by Steve » Logged
Gold
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2008, 12:54:18 pm »

Tried it today; I have a soft spot for the days on 41st and it was pretty good today.  The service was almost over-attentive (they may have heard some of the comments on here).  They have lunch portions which are a lot smaller -- like the Alcapulco Delight is just one of three items instead of all three items.  I got the idea that they are still working out the kinks.  Actually, the owner came and told us that after the meal.

Will it work?  I don't know, but I sure hope it does.  Some folks might be critical because they've become used to some of the more recent places (Speedy's, Cancun, even Senor Tequila).  That's a shame because this place isn't bad at all and I'm very thankful they took a risk on that part of downtown.  We need more people to take that kind of risk in every facet of business -- not just in terms of going downtown, but taking a risk on a business that ultimately improves the quality of life in this city.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2008, 01:45:43 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Breadburner

Are they open tonight.....

Mon-Sat: 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Closed Sun.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org