A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 06:25:03 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: oktagagent.com  (Read 4405 times)
izmophonik
« on: September 02, 2008, 11:29:50 am »

Ok, in case you haven't heard the news is pimpin' the online method of renewing your tag.  Apparently it has been around for about 3 years but no one has really advertised it.  Does anyone have a problem submitting their credit card info on a non-secure site?  What are your thoughts on this page?  Begin flaming in 3...2...1...

www.oktagagent.com

« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 11:30:56 am by izmophonik » Logged
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 11:37:17 am »

I don't even like putting my credit card on a secure site due to lack of security at my computer.  Therefore, I don't.

tjay88
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 12:04:13 pm »

Really, really, crappy looking website.  Although who says it isn't secure?  The page I ended up on asking for cc info was secure.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 12:12:04 pm »

Holy crap...that page looks like it is from 1995!
Steve
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 12:13:18 pm »

Since statehood, I think there have been 2 sure-bet ways of becoming rich in Oklahoma: own a tag agency or own a property abstract company.  Both concerns are full of political patronage and lobbying efforts to keep the "good old boy" system alive.

Oklahoma really needs to dump the private tag agent system.  There is no reason why vehicle registration can not be handled online directly with the state.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 12:42:45 pm »

I followed the prompts and clicked on about 12 things and still wasn't to the part where I could renew a tag.

No-one uses it because it's a piece of ....
bugo
Civic Leader

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 03:45:16 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Since statehood, I think there have been 2 sure-bet ways of becoming rich in Oklahoma: own a tag agency or own a property abstract company.  Both concerns are full of political patronage and lobbying efforts to keep the "good old boy" system alive.

You forgot about another way: become a middleman in the alcoholic beverage industry.  Easy money for sure.
EricP
Civic Leader

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 04:08:40 pm »

This really should go up as one of the top 10 worst websites of the decade.

EricP
Civic Leader

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 04:09:45 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by tjay88

Really, really, crappy looking website.  Although who says it isn't secure?  The page I ended up on asking for cc info was secure.

Do you mean the crappy icon at the top of the page? At least that's what eastside tag had.. maybe yours was actually secure.

tjay88
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 05:36:54 pm »

Eastside was the site I was looking at as well.  I wasn't just looking at the icon.  The frame where you actually enter in the data is pointed toward a secure site.

OKTAGAGENT.COM - Secure Server Registration:
Address: https://lime.site-secure.net/oktagagent/eastside/form.htm

Very poorly designed site.  I really think my 8th grade daughter could do a better job.  Actually I'm sure of it.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 05:37:21 pm by tjay88 » Logged
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 07:27:47 pm »

quote:

Oklahoma really needs to dump the private tag agent system.  There is no reason why vehicle registration can not be handled online directly with the state.

The private tag agent system is a mess. Perhaps they could be de-privatized.  Having a place to go locally has some advantages.  

If you buy or sell a car directly to another person it gives a way to immediately get the title transferred, relieving the seller of future liability for the vehicle.  In 1970's Pennsylvania, the only way that could happen was to pay an authorized courrier to go to Harrisburg (state capital) to do the transaction. Otherwise you had to wait a week or two to get your papers. Since the tag on the car belonged to the person, not the car, you didn't even have a tag to drive with while you waited. Car dealers were not permitted to issue temporary tags unless they sold the car.

Now that we have picture ID drivers' licenses, that function needs to be somewhere local.

As far as renewing an existing license, I just send a check to the Oklahoma Tax Commission with my insurance verification. (I spelled Oklahoma in full because I just cannot make myself say "OK Tax Commission".)

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 08:12:52 pm »

It is NOT a secure site despite the gif image they pasted in the top-right corner. All the form does is use a 3rd party website to send your credit card information via EMAIL to two different email addresses at Cox.
EricP
Civic Leader

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 08:46:23 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

It is NOT a secure site despite the gif image they pasted in the top-right corner. All the form does is use a 3rd party website to send your credit card information via EMAIL to two different email addresses at Cox.

Wow... that is monumentally bad.

Steve
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 07:40:22 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by bugo

quote:

You forgot about another way: become a middleman in the alcoholic beverage industry.  Easy money for sure.

True, but legally only since prohibition repeal on April 7, 1959.  Before that, any bootlegger could make a very nice living, which was a very lucrative "middle man" position.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 07:46:16 pm by Steve » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org