A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 02:18:58 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Palin charges the state per diem while at home  (Read 8731 times)
waterboy
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 01:01:36 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

Change has little to do with selecting the 6th most senior U.S. Senator to be a running mate.  

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/656/

"In all my time in the United States Senate, and I want you to know there's only four senators senior to me, but Barack, there's still 44 older than me,” Biden said. “I want you to know that part. But all kidding aside, of all my years in the Senate, I have never in my life seen Washington so broken.”

(insignificant factoid: the story corrects this, he's actually 6th on seniority due to some sort of "tie-breaker" with Pete Dominici, who was sworn in the same day as Biden)

-----------------------------------------------

Did you listen to Sen. McCain's speech at the RNC?  Or were you one of those: "I don't need to hear his speech, I already know what he's going to say."

(I even harvested this from HuffPo)

-----------------------------------------------

"After we've won, we're going to reach out our hand to any willing patriot, make this government start working for you again," he said, and he pledged to invite Democrats and independents to serve in his administration.

He mentioned Bush only in passing, as the leader who led the country through the days after the terror attacks on Sept. 11, 2001.

And there was plenty for conservative Republicans to cheer _ from his pledge to free the country from the grip of its dependence on foreign oil, to a vow to have schools answer to parents and students rather than "unions and entrenched bureaucrats."

A man who has clashed repeatedly with Republicans in Congress, he said proudly, "I've been called a maverick. Sometimes it's meant as a compliment and sometimes it's not. What it really means is I understand who I work for.

"I don't work for a party. I don't work for a special interest. I don't work for myself. I work for you."

Thousands of red, white and blue balloons nestled in netting above the convention floor, to be released on cue for the traditional celebratory convention finale.

Given McCain's political mission, it was left to other Republicans to deliver much of the criticism aimed at Obama.

In the race for the White House, "It's not about building a record, it's about having one," said former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge. "It's not about talking pretty, it's about talking straight."

McCain invoked the five years he spent in a North Vietnamese prison. "I fell in love with my country when I was a prisoner in someone else's," he said. "I was never the same again. I wasn't my own man anymore. I was my country's."

------------------------------------------------

You know what I've come to like most about Sen. McCain?

His life has evolved to this.  He didn't start out running for President in high school and carefully craft his life to become President.

Sen. Obama feels manufactured to me.  I still cannot get over the glaring mistake in choosing an old-line corrupt politician for a running mate when his campaign buzzword has been "change".

You are a fine debater. I am not. But I at least know to be suspicious of the promises of a man who's been in political office about as long as Biden. His speech is no more than the balloons falling around him. He has changed his views so often I cannot understand how you would value them much.

One thing McCain has never been is one who could accomplish much change. He sometimes voted against his own party but was unable to change them. Now he thinks he can shake up the Republican party? And the Democratic party?

FB is the quintessential republican that parades as an independent because the party changed and left him behind. He's now in purgatory. Actually an anti-Demcrat. His mantra is win at all costs, give no quarter, never besmirch a fellow republican. You think the FB's in the party or on its fringes will embrace the guy that they didn't really want, who embarrased them in congress and now wants to change their source of power?

I don't.
iplaw
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 01:18:50 pm »

quote:
He has changed his views so often I cannot understand how you would value them much.
Are you completely blind to your own candidate?  Obama has flip flopped on virtually every issue under the sun.  Why is flip flopping only a concern with McCain?
pmcalk
City Mother
City Father

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 02:07:09 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by iplaw

quote:
Originally posted by pmcalk

Maybe being away from Juneau half the times is the real reason she fired the Gourmet chef.

Ooops.  Guess she didn't really fire her, but merely transferred her.

Well, at least she sold that plane on ebay & made a profit to cover those expenses.  Oh, wait... not true, either.

Not a fiscal conservative, not against the bridge to nowhere, really likes earmarks....is anything that the republicans have said about this woman actually true?  Other than she really likes mooseburgers, of course.

She never claimed that she sold the plane on ebay.  She said she LISTED it on ebay.  She eventually had it sold by other means because it didn't sell on ebay.

It's called "listening skills" and "reading skills" folks; valuable skills that should be tried once and a while.

Read my post again.  Did I say she claimed to have sold it on ebay?Huh? McCain said she sold it on ebay, for a profit.  Not true.  Maybe when he vets her, he'll figure it out.

It's called "reading skills", Iplaw.  You should try it sometime.

iplaw
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 02:13:49 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

Maybe being away from Juneau half the times is the real reason she fired the Gourmet chef.

Ooops.  Guess she didn't really fire her, but merely transferred her.

Well, at least she sold that plane on ebay & made a profit to cover those expenses.  Oh, wait... not true, either.

Not a fiscal conservative, not against the bridge to nowhere, really likes earmarks....is anything that the republicans have said about this woman actually true?  Other than she really likes mooseburgers, of course.

She never claimed that she sold the plane on ebay.  She said she LISTED it on ebay.  She eventually had it sold by other means because it didn't sell on ebay.

It's called "listening skills" and "reading skills" folks; valuable skills that should be tried once and a while.

Read my post again.  Did I say she claimed to have sold it on ebay?Huh? McCain said she sold it on ebay, for a profit.  Not true.  Maybe when he vets her, he'll figure it out.

It's called "reading skills", Iplaw.  You should try it sometime.

I re-read your post. I don't see that you said anything about McCain in your post.  I didn't read the links, nor will I.  

BTW, pissing and moaning about her not being "vetted" isn't getting your party anywhere.  In fact, from most of the polls, half-assed attacks like those are having a net negative effect for Obama and widening the McCain lead.  

Keep up the good work!
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 02:20:13 pm »

This is just so entertaining.  Millions of little liberal rats scurrying around trying to find any little scrap to chew on and dance around.

Meanwhile, everything they should be focusing on drifts past them quietly.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 02:53:25 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Gaspar

This is just so entertaining.  Millions of little liberal rats scurrying around trying to find any little scrap to chew on and dance around.

Mainly because Gov. Palin would have been an ideal Democratic candidate, (with the exception of not being for uterus vacuuming) and everyone knows it.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
waterboy
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2008, 07:15:41 pm »

quote:

quote:

Mainly because Gov. Palin would have been an ideal Democratic candidate, (with the exception of not being for uterus vacuuming) and everyone knows it.

I didn't know it. Didn't conceive of it. Wouldn't support it. But the Democratic party has changed just like the Republican party. AA and Kathy Taylor would never have passed as Dems in my day and Ron Paul isn't very Republican. So who knows. You could be right.

Gaspar rats survive everything. Second only to cockroaches thru the ages. Call us what you will you have no conscience without us.
pmcalk
City Mother
City Father

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008, 08:03:32 pm »

quote:
I re-read your post. I don't see that you said anything about McCain in your post.

Geez, for someone who claims to be a lawyer, you certainly aren't very good at reading the fine print.  I didn't attribute the quote to anyone.  You assumed I meant Palin.

quote:
I didn't read the links, nor will I.

Good for you.  Don't let facts get in the way of your spin.  Typical republican.

quote:

BTW, pissing and moaning about her not being "vetted" isn't getting your party anywhere.  In fact, from most of the polls, half-assed attacks like those are having a net negative effect for Obama and widening the McCain lead.  

Keep up the good work!

I am not pissing & moaning about her not being vetted.  Not vetting her is like an early Christmas present for Democrats.  Every day we have a new scandal turn up.  Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

USRufnex
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 08:13:34 pm »

quote:

quote:

Another lie.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008, 08:20:29 pm »

I opened an intrade account.

I just now got "Palin to withdraw" at 20 to 1 odds.

My twenty five dollars will turn into $500 if "Sarah Palin to be withdrawn as Republican VP nominee/candidate before 2008 presidential election."

Anybody here want to take my action as well?

Power is nothing till you use it.
FOTD
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2008, 09:27:47 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

My twenty five dollars will turn into $500 if "Sarah Palin to be withdrawn as Republican VP nominee/candidate before 2008 presidential election."

Yes! Is there a seperate bet for her replacement on the ticket? It would be hell sent if it were Condi.
iplaw
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2008, 07:01:55 am »

quote:
I am not pissing & moaning about her not being vetted. Not vetting her is like an early Christmas present for Democrats. Every day we have a new scandal turn up. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.
And with every penny-ante issue your party brings up McCain widens his lead.  As I said before, keep up the good work!  Nothing better than a democrat showing us all how to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory...
iplaw
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2008, 07:04:14 am »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

The thought of your "action" just made me lose my appetite...[Wink]

Why would you make such a stupid bet?  Do you think McCain opened up this lead on Obama by himself?

You guys really are delusional.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2008, 07:07:33 am »

quote:

quote:
I am not pissing & moaning about her not being vetted. Not vetting her is like an early Christmas present for Democrats. Every day we have a new scandal turn up. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.
And with every penny-ante issue your party brings up McCain widens his lead.  As I said before, keep up the good work!  Nothing better than a democrat showing us all how to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory...

Yeah, those polls really show that lead widening.

Talk about delusional...sheesh.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
waterboy
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2008, 07:09:39 am »

Who's delusional? WSJ poll shows them within the margin of error (McCain +1). CNN poll shows dead even. Only the NBC, which you guys all tell us is biased and unreliable, has a poll showing McCain ahead.

So reality is that Americans are still split down the middle and deadlocked as usual. Few expected the race to be definitive at this point. The good news for Dems is that those votes translate to a lead in electoral college votes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org