A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 02:14:02 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm ready for November 5.  (Read 3725 times)
Nik
Philanthropist

« on: September 09, 2008, 08:56:17 am »

I'm very ready for this all to be over. No wonder most of American's don't pay any attention to politics. It's been information overload for over a year now. I find it incredibly difficult to stay on top of all the developments which I need to do if I'm going to make an informed decision.
FOTD
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 09:08:20 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Nik

I'm very ready for this all to be over. No wonder most of American's don't pay any attention to politics. It's been information overload for over a year now. I find it incredibly difficult to stay on top of all the developments which I need to do if I'm going to make an informed decision.

Another bright mind out of Dumbf*ckistan.
It's not that difficult to seperate the uneducated from the learned.
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 09:13:52 am »

Case in point.
iplaw
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 09:17:51 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Nik

Campaigns are too long...We may as well vote for primary candidates the same day we vote for president, keep it a never ending cycle...
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 09:18:34 am »

It's not hard at all....You have a candidate thats not qualified to even be in the race that did alot of chirping about change then chooses a Washington insider for his running mate...It was over before it got started....

waterboy
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 09:31:34 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Breadburner

It's not hard at all....You have a candidate thats not qualified to even be in the race that did alot of chirping about change then chooses a Washington insider for his running mate...It was over before it got started....

It's not hard at all....You have a candidate thats not qualified to even be in the race that did alot of chirping about change then chooses an unqualified hypocrite for his running mate...It was over before it got started....
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 09:58:15 am »

quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

... then chooses an unqualified hypocrite for his running mate...It was over before it got started....

Glad to see you are finally coming around to what a poor choice Biden was as a running mate.

Keep that pressure up on Palin, it will undoubtedly make the used car salesman from Delaware look far better.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
iplaw
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 10:01:22 am »

And they can't figure out why McCain now leads among independents by 15% points and by 20% points with women!?!?  Keep up the good work libs, you're making our job much easier.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 10:25:43 am »

quote:
Originally posted by iplaw

And they can't figure out why McCain now leads among independents by 15% points and by 20% points with women!?!?  Keep up the good work libs, you're making our job much easier.

And conveniently no source citing done.  The polls I see have Obama ahead with women and a dead heat with independents (those that haven't marked undecided anyway).

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
iplaw
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 10:44:04 am »

Is google broken on you computer dingus?

Since you're too lazy to look it up for yourself here you go:

Majority of independents now prefer him over Obama, 52% to 37% -- Gallup

"White women have moved from 50-42 percent in Obama's favor before the conventions to 53-41 percent for McCain now, a 20-point shift -- ABC news

Don't question my use of stats chief, you'll lose every time.  My statistics are always supported.  Just ask altruismsuffers.

waterboy
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 11:21:07 am »

quote:

"White women have moved from 50-42 percent in Obama's favor before the conventions to 53-41 percent for McCain now, a 20-point shift -- ABC news

Don't question my use of stats chief, you'll lose every time.  My statistics are always supported.  Just ask altruismsuffers.

I wonder how many of those independents and women believe like FB that Obama is muslim and Palin is on their side?
waterboy
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 11:25:30 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

quote:

... then chooses an unqualified hypocrite for his running mate...It was over before it got started....

Glad to see you are finally coming around to what a poor choice Biden was as a running mate.

Keep that pressure up on Palin, it will undoubtedly make the used car salesman from Delaware look far better.

I forgot about the learning deficit you republicans have with nuance and sarcasm. Let me fix that...

It's not hard at all....You have a candidate thats not qualified to even be in the race that did alot of chirping about change then chooses an unqualified female hypocrite for his running mate...It was over before it got started....

The difference between our view of VP's is that I don't have a passionate hatred for Palin like you do for Biden. I just think she was representative of poor judgement and is being molded as needed to fit the position.

iplaw
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 11:51:25 am »

quote:

quote:

I wonder how many of those independents and women believe like FB that Obama is muslim and Palin is on their side?

Sour grapes anyone?
iplaw
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 11:58:11 am »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

quote:

I forgot about the learning deficit you republicans have with nuance and sarcasm. Let me fix that...

It's not hard at all....You have a candidate thats not qualified to even be in the race that did alot of chirping about change then chooses an unqualified female hypocrite for his running mate...It was over before it got started....

The difference between our view of VP's is that I don't have a passionate hatred for Palin like you do for Biden. I just think she was representative of poor judgement and is being molded as needed to fit the position.

You might want to look have your sarcasm detector checked as well.  I'm pretty sure Conan's comments were sarcastic too...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 11:58:53 am by iplaw » Logged
waterboy
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 12:37:26 pm »

In my fantasy America:

Any party could apply for recognition under specific guidelines that included among other things no less than 2/3 of states having established party organization presence. Six months previous to the election, the party delegates to the party would review all applicants for the position and determine which candidates (no more than 6) most closely matched the party platform. That slate would then be allowed to campaign under the party banner. No one would be able to campaign til a month before the election.

This would result in a popularly elected executive leader that would be on a two year probationary period. At the end of two years the congress could do like the Brits and the leader's party could decide to vote "no confidence". The party would then appoint someone to finish the term.

This 2 year campaign stuff is crap.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org