A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 06:26:48 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Now he wants to debate?  (Read 4580 times)
iplaw
« on: September 10, 2008, 09:46:42 am »

Here is a quote from the Obama earlier:

quote:
"These are serious times and they call for a serious debate...spare me all the phony outrage. Spare me all the phony talk about change," he said.

Finally, this guy decides that we should "debate" these issues.  Wasn't it McCain, about 6 months ago that asked Obama to do a series of town hall debates across the US?

This is the third time since the Democratic convention that Obama has asked to "debate" the issues.

McCain's offer to hold unscripted town hall meetings is still on the table, yet the Messiah keeps declining the offer.  

What's he afraid of?

« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 09:47:29 am by iplaw » Logged
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 09:56:55 am »

quote:
Originally posted by iplaw

quote:
"These are serious times and they call for a serious debate...spare me all the phony outrage. Spare me all the phony talk about change," he said.

Finally, this guy decides that we should "debate" these issues.  Wasn't it McCain, about 6 months ago that asked Obama to do a series of town hall debates across the US?

This is the third time since the Democratic convention that Obama has asked to "debate" the issues.

McCain's offer to hold unscripted town hall meetings is still on the table, yet the Messiah keeps declining the offer.  

What's he afraid of?

Wasn't it you who told me that Google was my friend?

http://www.youdecide2008.com/2008/08/21/official-2008-obama-mccain-presidential-debate-schedule/

Take some of your own medicine maybe.

Do I see a Town Hall style debate on there?

Yep.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 09:58:46 am by Hoss » Logged

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
iplaw
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 10:06:19 am »

McCain's been asking him to do town hall debates for at least 6 months now.  In fact, the offer to have them RIGHT NOW still stands.

Obama keeps begging for a "debate" on the issues, but keeps declining McCain's offer, rather opting for forced debates towards the end of the campaign that are mandatory for every presidential candidate.

Obama could get his wish RIGHT NOW, but keeps declining the offer.  What the hell is he waiting for?
FOTD
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 10:07:14 am »

IPLAW took a quote out of context, again, and turned a true statement into a lie.

You know Ipsqueak, this tactic of twisting honest comments and bending their meaning to fit your diversionary motives is shameful and not fit for any intelligent discussion.

None the less, Obama will hand McCain (R-Idiot) his head in a one on one debate. Obama is intelligent. McCain is stupid. Three debates. By Oct.15th, the coming landslide will be revealed. America is not that stupid.

IF THEY ELECT McCAIN AND MS. HOCKEY MOM … THIS COUNTRY’S GOING STRAIGHT TO H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS. TRUST THE DEVIL'S ADVOCATE ON THIS!
tim huntzinger
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 10:08:20 am »

But six months ago O'bama was not the candidate.  How would that have worked?
iplaw
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 10:10:34 am »

He's been offering to have debates since Obama was the presumptive nominee, which was months ago.

Obama has been pining for a "debate" since the convention, yet the offer to have these unscripted debates still goes ignored.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 10:12:48 am »

quote:

McCain's been asking him to do town hall debates for at least 6 months now.  In fact, the offer to have them RIGHT NOW still stands.

Obama keeps begging for a "debate" on the issues, but keeps declining McCain's offer, rather opting for forced debates towards the end of the campaign that are mandatory for every presidential candidate.

Obama could get his wish RIGHT NOW, but keeps declining the offer.  What the hell is he waiting for?

Probably the same thing McSame's running mate is waiting for?  [?]  [:O]

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

iplaw
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 10:15:05 am »

I don't recall Biden asking Palin to do a debate recently.  Got any sources on that?
tim huntzinger
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 10:18:15 am »

And if he reeeaaallly wanted to debate he could have dialed one up right after the convention, months of invitations b4 he was the nominee notwithstanding.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 10:19:51 am »

quote:

I don't recall Biden asking Palin to do a debate recently.  Got any sources on that?

I don't recall Palin being anywhere to answer the question if asked, except being prepped by McCain handlers.

iplaw
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 10:22:34 am »

quote:
Originally posted by tim huntzinger

And if he reeeaaallly wanted to debate he could have dialed one up right after the convention, months of invitations b4 he was the nominee notwithstanding.

Exactly.  It's a ploy by the Obama campaign to make it look as if McCain doesn't really want to debate the issues.
iplaw
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 10:23:30 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Hoss

quote:

I don't recall Palin being anywhere to answer the question if asked, except being prepped by McCain handlers.

Wow.  You're quite impressive.  Anything else Threadcrapper?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 10:32:47 am »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Hoss

quote:

Wow.  You're quite impressive.  Anything else Threadcrapper?

That's all, dipstick.

[}:)]

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2008, 10:33:46 am »

quote:

quote:

What's he afraid of?

Sometimes the finer shadings of meaning seem to escape you, IP.  For a lawyer, that surprises me.  

Doesn't seem to me that Obama's asking for "debates," so much as he's asking for "a debate."  Maybe we can state it better by saying he's not looking for an event to occur, he's looking for a more dignified dialogue.  And McCain, let's be honest, doesn't really want to have any sort of dialogue.  He's made plain the kind of contest he wants to have, and that's a  pretty dirty one. He sure doesn't want to talk about issues, that's for sure.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 10:35:00 am by we vs us » Logged
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2008, 10:39:20 am »

quote:
Originally posted by we vs us

quote:

quote:

What's he afraid of?

Sometimes the finer shadings of meaning seem to escape you, IP.  For a lawyer, that surprises me.  

Doesn't seem to me that Obama's asking for "debates," so much as he's asking for "a debate."  Maybe we can state it better by saying he's not looking for an event to occur, he's looking for a more dignified dialogue.  And McCain, let's be honest, doesn't really want to have any sort of dialogue.  He's made plain the kind of contest he wants to have, and that's a  pretty dirty one. He sure doesn't want to talk about issues, that's for sure.

Especially when his campaign manager has said exactly those words.  That doesn't come across as wanting exactly a constructive dialogue between candidates, who I am positive, both want to help this country.  I just cannot vote for McCain on the grounds of 4 more years of the same.  He hasn't presented any more detailed information about how he's going to change healthcare reform, how he's going to get us out of Iraq (if he truly wants us out) and how he's going to work at getting our economy back on track.

Look, I know how it is; I have to take care of my handicapped mother on a daily basis.  She is on SSI and Soonercare and dealing with the government on what seems like a daily basis has probably hardened me to the current administration.

Something's gotta give.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org