A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 04:29:08 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Now he wants to debate?  (Read 4575 times)
FOTD
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2008, 10:47:23 am »

If Ip is indeed a lieyar, he's too busy here to be any good at it....he's definately no trial lieyar, more like a trivial lawyer. Any good judge would have kicked him out of court for his flagrant disregard for the rule of law and for lying.
iplaw
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2008, 10:59:12 am »

quote:
Doesn't seem to me that Obama's asking for "debates," so much as he's asking for "a debate."
You really are a good little liberal aren't you?  Care to debate the meaning of the word "is" again? Nice spin though.
iplaw
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2008, 11:03:13 am »

quote:
Originally posted by FOTD

If Ip is indeed a lieyar, he's too busy here to be any good at it....he's definately no trial lieyar, more like a trivial lawyer. Any good judge would have kicked him out of court for his flagrant disregard for the rule of law and for lying.

If I had your nose full of nickles I wouldn't have to work another day in my life sniffer.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2008, 11:10:10 am »

quote:
Originally posted by iplaw

quote:
Doesn't seem to me that Obama's asking for "debates," so much as he's asking for "a debate."
You really are a good little liberal aren't you?  Care to debate the meaning of the word "is" again? Nice spin though.

It's not spin.  It's English.  You should read more carefully.  Or care about what you read.
iplaw
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2008, 12:15:13 pm »

I prefer candidates that don't require "reading between the lines" to interpret what they say.  He's got no interest in debating anything.  An unscripted, teleprompterless debate is like kryptonite to Obama.  Look no further than his interview with Oreilly over the last couple of nights.  He looked like a fool and was easily manhandled.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2008, 03:07:41 pm »

Teleprompterless.....LMAO....WTH.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omHUsRTYFAU

USRufnex
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2008, 09:01:30 pm »

quote:

Here is a quote from the Obama earlier:

quote:
"These are serious times and they call for a serious debate...spare me all the phony outrage. Spare me all the phony talk about change," he said.

Finally, this guy decides that we should "debate" these issues.  Wasn't it McCain, about 6 months ago that asked Obama to do a series of town hall debates across the US?

This is the third time since the Democratic convention that Obama has asked to "debate" the issues.

McCain's offer to hold unscripted town hall meetings is still on the table, yet the Messiah keeps declining the offer.  

What's he afraid of?

I think what he's saying is that he's going to have debates, and he's looking forward to them.

Simple, no?

Bet, gee Wally, don't we always have umpteen town hall style debates every four years for an upcoming presidential election?!?

Oh wait....  We don't.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2000/debates/history/

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2000/debates/history.story/intro2.html

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2008, 09:42:44 pm »

quote:

I prefer candidates that don't require "reading between the lines" to interpret what they say.  He's got no interest in debating anything.  An unscripted, teleprompterless debate is like kryptonite to Obama.  Look no further than his interview with Oreilly over the last couple of nights.  He looked like a fool and was easily manhandled.

IP you keep surprising me.  You're obviously an educated guy, and yet seem to prefer your politics predigested.  Sounds like you're looking for talking points rather than policy. Which is cool, and makes talking on message boards like this one pretty easy. Line em up, knock em down, right?  But you know, if you wanted to plant yourself down in front of the tube two Friday's from now you might get a load of what you're so obviously yearning for.  No, not America's Got Talent, the first Presidential debate. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a doozy.  The good news is that at least one of the candidates has been campaigning for 18 months now, and has already participated in something like 26 debates already so here's hoping that you see something that looks, to you, unteleprompterish, genuine, and/or more compelling than your daily dose of O'Reilly.  

Of course, now that I say it, I'm not holding my breath.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 09:46:26 pm by we vs us » Logged
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2008, 01:51:32 am »

quote:
Originally posted by we vs us

quote:

IP you keep surprising me.  You're obviously an educated guy, and yet seem to prefer your politics predigested.  Sounds like you're looking for talking points rather than policy. Which is cool, and makes talking on message boards like this one pretty easy. Line em up, knock em down, right?  But you know, if you wanted to plant yourself down in front of the tube two Friday's from now you might get a load of what you're so obviously yearning for.  No, not America's Got Talent, the first Presidential debate. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a doozy.  The good news is that at least one of the candidates has been campaigning for 18 months now, and has already participated in something like 26 debates already so here's hoping that you see something that looks, to you, unteleprompterish, genuine, and/or more compelling than your daily dose of O'Reilly.  

Of course, now that I say it, I'm not holding my breath.

pmcalk
City Mother
City Father

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2008, 08:59:15 pm »

Every four years, each candidate makes some sort of demand that the two candidates debate a certain way, and when the other candidate doesn't completely capitulate to all of the terms for the debate, the first candidate tries to use that politically.  In other words:  he/she is afraid to debate me because he/she won't debate me at the exact time, place & manner that I demand.  We all know that eventually they reach a compromise, and they debate.

But this is the first time I have seen McCain's tactic.  On two occasions now, McCain was asked why he was sponsoring deceptive ads against Obama.  His response?  If Obama had just agreed to town hall debates, everything would be soo much different.  In other words, it's Obama's own fault that McCain is airing vicious, deceitful ads.  I guess McCain only plays nice when you play by his rules and his rules alone.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org