A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 06:24:39 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NY Times story on Sarah Palin  (Read 5215 times)
waterboy
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 07:38:09 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Friendly Bear

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/14/us/politics/14palin.html?ei=5070&emc=eta1

Once Elected, Palin Hired Friends and Lashed Foes

I'm so glad to read the Gov. Palin is no Political Softee.

She completely understands a cardinal rule of Politics:

Punish your enemies, PUNISH your enemies, REWARD your friends.

She's not stupid.

She cleaned out the Good-Old-Boy GOP network that had run Alaska for decades.

Who's she going to appoint as their replacements?

Her enemies?

Stupid she is NOT.

This has got to be the most cynical, stupid post I've ever read. This attitude is what creates the GOB networks in the first place! Can't you see that? Replacing one set of cronies with another is what is causing our ruin.

What you do is stop framing everyone as either friends or enemies and respect peoples professionalism and experience. Stop stupid loyalty tests that pit one's principles against ones paycheck. Put the right people in the right jobs (not because they were in the marching band with you), reward them for excellence and motivate them with justice.

Bear been eating own excrement for dessert![Wink]
FOTD
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2008, 07:43:59 pm »

Scenario: McLame dies ....Palin has to have a regency appointed.....America turns into a monarchy.

Stupid white candidate over the smart black guy. You deserve it!
Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2008, 07:50:20 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

quote:

quote:

She's not stupid.

Her enemies?

Stupid she is NOT.

This has got to be the most cynical, stupid post I've ever read. This attitude is what creates the GOB networks in the first place! Can't you see that? Replacing one set of cronies with another is what is causing our ruin.

What you do is stop framing everyone as either friends or enemies and respect peoples professionalism and experience. Stop stupid loyalty tests that pit one's principles against ones paycheck. Put the right people in the right jobs (not because they were in the marching band with you), reward them for excellence and motivate them with justice.

Be careful criticizing Sarah.

She knows how to shoot, gut, and butcher a bull moose, and serves the fried testicles up to feed her growing family.

Yours could be next......as Raisenettes for Dessert.

[Tongue]
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 07:55:40 pm by Friendly Bear » Logged
pmcalk
City Mother
City Father

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2008, 08:01:32 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Ed W

Can we move on from the Palin sideshow?  Please, can we?  We've established that she's a perfect example of McCain's poor judgment and the over-reaching clout of the religious right in the Republican party.

But there are other issues, real ones that impact real people: two wars, the economy, energy prices, terrorism, domestic surveillance, and more.  Yet we're being distracted by an obvious ploy to re-ignite the cultural wars.

She's overstayed her fifteen minutes of fame and shown that she's a lightweight on the national political scene.  It's time to stop paying attention to the man behind the curtain.

While I know I am as bad as any other poster, your post is the most rational, intelligent post I have seen.  I agree completely.  Still, I keep getting sucked in to focusing on her.  I keep thinking, what could McCain possibly have been thinking?

Wrinkle
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2008, 09:24:31 pm »

He was thinking it'll be Palin v Clinton in 2012.

At that time, she'll have been VP for four years, trumping even Ms. Clinton's record.

In the meantime, the GOP would have the first sitting female VP, an honor envied, and expected to be reserved for dems, who think they are the only ones who treat women fairly (in spite of the fact that the current Sec of State is female, black and GOP).

If we disregard those who claim Ms. Palin is dumb (which she most definitely is not), the only real issue is Dems might get their collective tails whipped.

If they weren't so worried of that, Ms. Palin wouldn't be getting all the attention. Ya know, like Biden.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 09:25:44 pm by Wrinkle » Logged
waterboy
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2008, 09:45:16 pm »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

quote:

quote:

She's not stupid.

Her enemies?

Stupid she is NOT.

Be careful criticizing Sarah.

She knows how to shoot, gut, and butcher a bull moose, and serves the fried testicles up to feed her growing family.

Yours could be next......as Raisenettes for Dessert.

[Tongue]

Pay attention! What? Do you have to have a treat to follow posts? I'M CRITICIZING YOU AND YOUR THOUGHT PROCESS! Not some ambitious slaughterhouse politician. YOU!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2008, 08:49:05 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Wrinkle

He was thinking it'll be Palin v Clinton in 2012.

At that time, she'll have been VP for four years, trumping even Ms. Clinton's record.

In the meantime, the GOP would have the first sitting female VP, an honor envied, and expected to be reserved for dems, who think they are the only ones who treat women fairly (in spite of the fact that the current Sec of State is female, black and GOP).

If we disregard those who claim Ms. Palin is dumb (which she most definitely is not), the only real issue is Dems might get their collective tails whipped.

If they weren't so worried of that, Ms. Palin wouldn't be getting all the attention. Ya know, like Biden.

'She's one of us': Palin wins over Obama women'

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/us_elections/article4740955.ece

Uh oh....

One poll in particular may be causing concern for the Obama campaign. A new Washington Post/ABC News survey finds McCain is now ahead of Obama by 12 points among white women, 53 to 41 percent.

http://www.voanews.com/english/2008-09-11-voa51.cfm

Obama's camp and the Obama media gauntlet would do quite well to lay off Palin and get back to real issues.  It's going to result in voter backlash, especially amongst female voters.

I'm hearing even more women who do favor uterus vacuuming are crossing over as they are seeing through the whole abortion rights smokescreen.  As I've maintained, it's gone on mostly un-challenged for 35 years and will continue to do so and survived a SCOTUS tipped slightly in favor of conservatives.  It's here to stay.  Intelligent women for whom this really matters know that and aren't being shamed by NOW and other liberal women's groups.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2008, 11:53:02 am »

Eight years of one incompetent imperialist is enough for me.

She's just dubya with a better grasp of subject-verb agreement, but with that adorable moose-bagging smile. (They wouldn't have picked her if she were unattractive...what does that say?)

Why is Obama now having to run against Palin?  B/c Americans have forgotten the difference between elections and American Idol. (Must be sort of weird for McCain...but I guess he figures "whatever it takes.")

I'm having a high school flashback.  I forget, are we voting for VP, or prom queen...?

If Americans fall for this, we really will deserve everything we're going to get.  After the last 8 years, I guess we've learned nothing.
FOTD
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2008, 12:02:33 pm »

STUPID GIRL
(M. Jagger/K. Richards)

I'm not talking about the kind of clothes she wears
Look at that stupid girl
I'm not talking about the way she combs her hair
Look at that stupid girl

The way she powders her nose
Her vanity shows and it shows
She's the worst thing in this world
Well, look at that stupid girl

I'm not talking about the way she digs for gold
Look at that stupid girl
Well, I'm talking about the way she grabs and holds
Look at that stupid girl

The way she talks about someone else
That she don't even know herself
She's the sickest thing in this world

Well, I'm sick and tired
And I really have my doubts
I've tried and tried
But it never really works out

Like a lady in waiting to a virgin queen
Look at that stupid girl
She *****es 'bout things that she's never seen
Look at that stupid girl

It doesn't matter if she dyes her hair
Or the color of the shoes she wears
She's the worst thing in this world

Shut-up, shut-up, shut-up, shut-up, shut-up
Shut-up, shut-up, shut-up, shut-up, shut-up
Shut-up, shut-up, shut-up

Like a lady in waiting to a virgin queen
Look at that stupid girl
She *****es 'bout things that she's never seen
Look at that stupid girl

She purrs like a pussycat
Then she turns 'round and hisses back
She's the sickest thing in this world
Look at that stupid girl  

Dedicated to all those women who will vote for the stupid old souless white guy over the smart black guy....
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org