A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 11:49:39 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Suggestions  (Read 3270 times)
Caldera
« on: October 01, 2008, 12:56:20 pm »

Hello there.  I am looking for some info on local hang outs that I am unaware of, or just haven't thought of...

I have a couple of friends and we meet weekly on Thursday after work to just catch up and visit.  However we've have been having a hard time finding a couple good places to meet.

We've tried a couple of the local Panera Bread locations, but they're usually just too busy and loud.  We've tried a couple of bars...but other than Kilkenny's those haven't worked out so well either.

So...I'm now looking for suggestions for places that serve beverages (booze, coffe, or tea!) and maybe some munchies.

Thanks in advance for any help y'all can give me!
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 01:03:45 pm »

For that you should go to Cosmo's (71st and Memorial), The Collective (11th and Harvard) and Dilly Deli (Coming Soon Downtown)

All three are coffee shop meets deli meets bar with plenty of places to sit and socialize.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 02:14:08 pm »

+1 for the Collective.  

Gary Place(?)  and 11th right across from TU's football stadium.  Coffee house/deli and a bar (with Marshall on tap!).  Very chill.  No TVs, almost always quiet.  They have outdoor seating.

The owner is very nice and always working.

http://www.thecollectivetulsa.com/

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Midtown Maven
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 02:32:49 pm »

Gary Place(?)

Cannon Fodder you were close - it's Gary Ave
Caldera
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 05:18:30 pm »

Wow...so far these sound like great places to try!

I had never heard of The Collective, but we'll probably be trying it out tomorrow.

I've also never heard of Gary Ave and we may have to check it out as well.

I've been to Cosmo's before, but only at night, so we might have to try it during the day.  Honestly, none of us much cared for it the first time...

Does anyone know when Dilly Deli is supposed to open?  All that I could find on it stated that it was scheduled to open 10/1, but I haven't seen any sort of actual website or anything.
It's being opened by Elliot Nelson, so hopefully it'll be a good place!

Any other ideas? [Smiley]
Miss Solemnis
Citizen

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 05:26:12 pm »

Joe Momma's will be open soon downtown.  That'll be a great hangout!

Michael71
Civic Leader

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 12:47:40 pm »

FYI...Gary Ave is not the name of a bar.  It's the cross-street of The Collective

18th & Boston area has nice patios, wine bar, etc...

--------------------------
"Why be part of the 'brain drain' that gets sucked out of Tulsa...The opportunity IS there, you just gotta make it!!"--Eric Marshall
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 01:40:01 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

For that you should go to Cosmo's (71st and Memorial), The Collective (11th and Harvard) and Dilly Deli (Coming Soon Downtown)

All three are coffee shop meets deli meets bar with plenty of places to sit and socialize.

Good call!  
Also try The White Lion on 71st and Canton.  Very interesting english pub.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
mrburns918
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 02:02:46 pm »

The best bar in Tulsa is the Cellar Dweller in downtown Tulsa. It's laid back, quiet and the place to go during tornados. Also, the bartender on Tuesday nights makes a wicked Margarita and Bloody Mary. Check it out.

Located at 7th & Elwood.

Mr. Burns
MichaelBates
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 03:21:49 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Caldera

Wow...so far these sound like great places to try!

I had never heard of The Collective, but we'll probably be trying it out tomorrow.

I've also never heard of Gary Ave and we may have to check it out as well.

I've been to Cosmo's before, but only at night, so we might have to try it during the day.  Honestly, none of us much cared for it the first time...

Any other ideas? [Smiley]

Cosmo's switches gears at night. It's much more laid back and conducive to conversation during the day.

Coffee House on Cherry Street (15th & Rockford) and Shades of Brown (34th & Peoria) might suit your purposes.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 07:41:54 am »

quote:
Originally posted by mrburns918

The best bar in Tulsa is the Cellar Dweller in downtown Tulsa. It's laid back, quiet and the place to go during tornados. Also, the bartender on Tuesday nights makes a wicked Margarita and Bloody Mary. Check it out.

Located at 7th & Elwood.

Mr. Burns

I've always wondered about that place, but never had an opportunity to check it out.  I usually go by to or from court and am not in that part of downtown after hours.  Perhaps I'll catch Jeff Dun-haaaam tonight and stop by.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
kylieosu
Civic Leader

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 07:52:53 am »

Ditto on the Cellar Dweller. I like it so much, I live right next door! Smiley
Caldera
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2008, 07:40:01 am »

Okay so we hit The Collective this past Thursday...got there about 4:30ish.  The place was quiet up until about 6pm when we left.  They were having an art showing that night, so they started in with music and such about then.

We ordered food (mushroom soup, and flat Bread pizza) which was really tasty!  We were discussing ordering drinks and were told that the bartender didn't come on until 6pm.  However, the gal working the counter said that if we wanted something simple that she'd be glad to get it.  So we ended up with Marshall beer, which was...interesting.

All in all the place was cool, and we'll definitely be going back soon.  However, we'll be sure to pick a day when they're not having an event.

In the next week (or so) we're going to try out the Cellar Dweller.

Thanks Tulsa!
wildgoose
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2008, 08:07:54 am »

I would like to invite you to my restaurant.  It is called Brewburger and is just east of Sheridan on 71st.  Formally a Braum's location for those who remember.

We have an awesome burgers, wraps, quesadillas, etc...and cold beer on tap.  Happy hour is 2-6 daily.

Hope to see you soon.
ericc2000
Citizen

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2008, 11:02:24 am »

Is that where Weber's used to be? I think it was also a fish place not to long ago.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org