A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 11:54:59 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two Posters Locked out of the Forum  (Read 11951 times)
Admin
Administrator
Philanthropist

« on: October 01, 2008, 01:09:50 pm »

Two posters have been banned from the TulsaNow forums for repeated rules violations. Each of them had been warned repeatedly before action was taken. The posters FOTD and Friendly Bear continued to ignore these warnings and their actions have led to the loss of their access to the forum.

Please take note that TulsaNow moderators allowed their participation long after many of you notified us of their actions. The moderators took time to review and discuss each of the violations and acted on what is best for the forum and the other posters. Tulsa Now welcomes differences of opinions, but they must not be expressed in a destructive manner and repeated violations of the TOS agreement will not be allowed.

Moderators will continue to monitor all threads for inappropriate language and other violations of the forum rules. If you have any questions or want to report any activity to the moderators, please send a message to info@tulsanow.org or a PM to the moderator.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 01:41:04 pm »

Sheesh, looks a lot like Xmas around here.  Can moderators be banned for allowing this to go on for so long?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
tim huntzinger
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 01:42:51 pm »

Have they lost posting privileges or viewing too?
Admin
Administrator
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 01:43:49 pm »

Posting.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 01:50:08 pm »

Matter of time...Although I will miss the Bear....

iplaw
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 01:51:18 pm »

AOX, errr, FOTD reincarnates in 5..4..3..2..
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 01:59:03 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

Sheesh, looks a lot like Xmas around here.  Can moderators be banned for allowing this to go on for so long?

+1

Or +2 since there were two of them, or were there?

Pastries for thought
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 02:03:16 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by swake

quote:

+1

Pastries for thought

They were, uh, "polar" opposites, weren't they?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 02:11:21 pm »

They reminded me of my boy.  They thought they knew where the line was and flirted with it constantly thinking they would be OK.  Eventually, someone had enough of that and came down on them.

I enjoyed some of the bears conspiracies and had fun going back and forth with AOX.  But I can't say their contributions will really be missed.  And yeah, FOTD/AOX/whatever has been banned several times before...  perhaps he will keep his head down in a reincarnation this time.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Admin
Administrator
Philanthropist

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 02:21:25 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by swake

quote:

+1

Pastries for thought

We have a staff of 4 volunteer part-time moderators plus admin. Considering our site gets 120,000 hits per day, we spend most of the time taking care of big problems like spammers or innapropriate language and tend to try to give posters, especially our long time posters, chances to correct themselves.
Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 03:00:29 pm »

Were there particular rules that either poster was having issues with?  I'm just curious which part of their respective acts finally crossed the line.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 03:07:55 pm »

FB had been called out many times for his comments on blacks and jews for one thing.  He'd posted on a "what I like about the other candidate thread" a very questionable list of attributes to Obama.  I was shocked he didn't get booted then.  He's got some sociopathic issues on race & religion.

Might have been general trolling on FOTD's part, not sure what finally put him over the top, might just be he's so combative with anyone who disagrees and even the other resident Democrats or liberals on here couldn't stand his act anymore.  He'd made some pretty nasty slurs on Palin recently, he might have offended some of the female posters.

I'll miss their moonbat routines to an extent, but sure won't miss the disruptions to otherwise productive conversation on here.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2008, 03:15:21 pm »

quote:

FB had been called out many times for his comments on blacks and jews for one thing.  He'd posted on a "what I like about the other candidate thread" a very questionable list of attributes to Obama.  I was shocked he didn't get booted then.  He's got some sociopathic issues on race & religion.

Might have been general trolling on FOTD's part, not sure what finally put him over the top, might just be he's so combative with anyone who disagrees and even the other resident Democrats or liberals on here couldn't stand his act anymore.  He'd made some pretty nasty slurs on Palin recently, he might have offended some of the female posters.

I'll miss their moonbat routines to an extent, but sure won't miss the disruptions to otherwise productive conversation on here.

It was like a train-wreck from both of them every morning when I got to work and clicked on "There are xx active topics since your last visit"

Wouldn't it be a riot if they were one and the same person?

While I make no qualms about my left-leaning stances, FOTD was extreme by any accounts.

The Bear, well, the mighty quadruped has fallen.  Bless his heart.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2008, 03:34:39 pm »

Gotcha.  I never read the political forums unless they're salient to local Tulsa issues so I guess I missed a lot of the nastiest stuff.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2008, 03:42:59 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Floyd

Gotcha.  I never read the political forums unless they're salient to local Tulsa issues so I guess I missed a lot of the nastiest stuff.

You are a wise man.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org