A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 11:39:43 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two Posters Locked out of the Forum  (Read 11948 times)
shadows
City Father

« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2008, 03:15:34 pm »

Under the rules that are cited, in consideration that all things are relative that travel on this highway learning it is very hard to finds subjects of  posts the must travel only one lane of the highway going one way.  
The Admin of the form is like the editor of the press who is the only one to enjoy the freedom of the press.

It is not to be construed to mean that one should be able to post offensive materials nor the Admin does not have the inherent right by ownership to censure or delete or remove any such material and post the reason why it was deleted.

As a nation we have carried the sword of rebellion for two hundred years among many of the citizens

A simple explanation  is needed, “ This section of your post we found offensive”, thereafter such poster could be guided I what was allowed in future posts.

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
Porky
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2008, 05:32:09 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Admin
  Considering our site gets 120,000 hits per day.......

If your getting 120,000 hits a day your getting more than the DrudgeReport so I suggest you turn on your spyware because its all tracking cookies that is showing those type of results.

MDepr2007
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2008, 06:00:41 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Porky

quote:

If your getting 120,000 hits a day your getting more than the DrudgeReport so I suggest you turn on your spyware because its all tracking cookies that is showing those type of results.

Arnett likes to brag using those unreal hits too, hmmm nah nevermind
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2008, 07:40:11 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Porky

quote:

Drudge hits:  029,855,032 IN PAST 24 HOURS

29 million > 120K

Plus, with an active forum it stands to reason that our refresh rate is probably much higher.  What's more, the "page views" total I can find on Alexa list 367K page views per day for Tulsa now, with an average page views per person of 8. That's a lot of unique visists no matter how you slice it.  http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/tulsanow.org

Oddly enough, we enjoy a significant Indian following. No doubt there are bots, but you don't think DrudgeReport and others attract bots?
- - -

Back ON topic. So it seems FOTD/AOX and the Bear got banished as an accumulation of things and/or on complaints.  Do we get warnings of such things from the admin/mods or does it just come to a head?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2008, 08:09:57 am »

I have been warned by admin/mods.

If you haven't, you write without the passion/reckless abandon/stupidity that I pride myself in.

"Most fools think they are only ignorant."

Benjamin Franklin

Power is nothing till you use it.
tim huntzinger
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2008, 09:34:00 am »

'Better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.' Twain
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2008, 09:42:13 am »

quote:
Originally posted by tim huntzinger

'Better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.' Twain

I never want people to doubt me.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
ARGUS
Civic Leader

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2008, 10:31:52 am »

If it helps: I have wanted to call all of you at some time or another "petty *****es" but have not. Restraint is a good thing.

Porky
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2008, 06:07:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

Drudge hits:  029,855,032 IN PAST 24 HOURS

29 million > 120K

Plus, with an active forum it stands to reason that our refresh rate is probably much higher.  What's more, the "page views" total I can find on Alexa list 367K page views per day for Tulsa now, with an average page views per person of 8. That's a lot of unique visists no matter how you slice it.  http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/tulsanow.org

Oddly enough, we enjoy a significant Indian following. No doubt there are bots, but you don't think DrudgeReport and others attract bots?

Calm down CF.........if what you said was true this forum would read like a strobe light on meth.

Porky
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2008, 07:05:11 pm »

OK CF........it's been an hour and no one has posted anything. Not that this is a bad thing but please explain how this forum gets over 120,000 hits a day?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2008, 08:06:16 pm »

Only a fraction of the people who come here post. I've seen around 100 people on the forum and only a dozen signed in.
Porky
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2008, 05:59:29 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

Only a fraction of the people who come here post. I've seen around 100 people on the forum and only a dozen signed in.

The important thing is that this is the best forum in all of Oklahoma. It's very well ran and the members here contribute so much with their knowledge on all of the issues.

I was just trying to state that the reason for the 120,000 views was from tracking cookies. To have a 100 people viewing the forum is huge and very well respected but they aren't looking in here 1,200 times a day.

If you want more view counts I suggest having a board on here for area photography. I think it would be a great addition to an already great forum.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2008, 01:41:21 pm »

Porky, I have no idea.  120,000 hits, unique IPs, bots, refreshes... I simply don't know.  I was just pointing out that no one was comparing us to Drudge.

It is a popular and well moderated forum.  Thus far, it is better off without the 2 aforementioned posters.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
inteller
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2008, 01:52:15 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

so does that qualify as a dissociative identity disorder[?]
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2008, 03:59:11 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

so does that qualify as a dissociative identity disorder[?]

I am mistreated as both an insider and an outsider...but I also bring it on myself.

I have many problems. My psychiatrist says I am manic-depressive...but I have mixed feelings about it.

I also have kleptomania...when it gets bad, I take something for it.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org