A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:24:19 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: leon's sports bar,,,  (Read 41234 times)
unknown
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2008, 11:26:55 am »

quote:
Originally posted by fakeitall

I thought it was called boomerang or something like that

There was a boomerang around 71st Yale Area, I think where Charelston's is now(Can't remember)They had phones at each table to place an order... OKC had a few of them as well, don't know if they are still around or not.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008, 07:37:42 pm »

For the life of me, I can't remember the name of the sports bar on east Skelly Drive. I used to go there every Sunday and even won a football trivia contest there once.

Power is nothing till you use it.
dbacks fan
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2008, 08:50:37 am »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

For the life of me, I can't remember the name of the sports bar on east Skelly Drive. I used to go there every Sunday and even won a football trivia contest there once.

Is this the place that on Google Streets is now "My Staff"?
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2008, 09:05:37 am »

Was I wrong?  Was that not the Outer Urban while Intururban's were going?  Mid to late 80's for that location.

Baxter's is the one left I think.
dbacks fan
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2008, 10:48:44 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Townsend

Was I wrong?  Was that not the Outer Urban while Intururban's were going?  Mid to late 80's for that location.

The Outer Urban was in the old Flakey Jakes at 71st & Memorial and then it became The Tulsa Brewing Company.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2008, 11:23:28 am »

quote:
Originally posted by dbacks fan

quote:
Originally posted by Townsend

The Outer Urban was in the old Flakey Jakes at 71st & Memorial and then it became The Tulsa Brewing Company.

Thanks for the correction.
mrB
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2008, 06:37:23 pm »

quote:

Address serach on Google shows the following as a past occupant;
OUTBACK SPORTS CAFE INC
5154 E SKELLY DR
TULSA, OK  74135

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2008, 07:31:16 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by mrB

quote:

OUTBACK SPORTS CAFE INC
5154 E SKELLY DR
TULSA, OK  74135

I believe that's it.  I went to a stand up comedy show there by a guy who used to be on a little sports talk station that was nationally syndicated...One on One Sports.  The guy's name was Tom Shiekman.  One on Sports eventually wound up becoming Sporting News Radio, then Clear Channel bought 1430.

I miss those old days.  Those guys were WAY better than any of the ESPN or FSR guys ever thought of being.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2008, 09:57:38 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Hoss

quote:
Originally posted by mrB

quote:

OUTBACK SPORTS CAFE INC
5154 E SKELLY DR
TULSA, OK  74135

I believe that's it.  I went to a stand up comedy show there by a guy who used to be on a little sports talk station that was nationally syndicated...One on One Sports.  The guy's name was Tom Shiekman.  One on Sports eventually wound up becoming Sporting News Radio, then Clear Channel bought 1430.

I miss those old days.  Those guys were WAY better than any of the ESPN or FSR guys ever thought of being.

Thanks...that was it.

I saw the Tom Shiekman show as well.

He used to have the funniest line...whenever someone would say to him, "Have a good one", he would answer, "I do have a good one. Thanks for noticing!"

Power is nothing till you use it.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2008, 06:31:41 am »

The Outback On skelley was once known as Smugglers Inn...

dbacks fan
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2008, 08:36:16 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Breadburner

The Outback On skelley was once known as Smugglers Inn...

I think Smugglers lasted the longest in that location. The last time I went to Smuggler's was in '87. It was pretty good for it's time, and I think it was there for about 10 years.(If I'm wrong someone please correct me) The one thing I always noticed about living in Tulsa for most of my life was the short life span of resteraunts especially from the early 80's until I moved in '98. But what impresses me the most is that so many local owned places are still there including some that were there before I was born.
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2008, 03:19:29 pm »

Is this place open yet? I'll try it when it opens.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2008, 03:25:30 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Nik

Is this place open yet? I'll try it when it opens.

Thought I saw a piece on the news about it this past weekend having to do with the high turnout due to the football games.

It appears it is open.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2008, 12:58:55 pm »

An article on KTUL's website said they have been open for 3 weeks as of this last weekend. Too bad there's no web presence, I'd like to see a menu.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2008, 06:11:06 am »

The owners of Becco construction are the proprietors....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org