A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:22:47 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: leon's sports bar,,,  (Read 41229 times)
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« on: October 06, 2008, 02:51:15 pm »

has anyone been in?

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 02:54:34 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by brunoflipper

has anyone been in?

Location?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
unknown
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 03:05:03 pm »

Around 33rd 34th? on brookside where S@J, Kampi and whatever else has been there throughout the years next to the bank of oklahoma.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 03:25:19 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by unknown

Around 33rd 34th? on brookside where S@J, Kampi and whatever else has been there throughout the years next to the bank of oklahoma.

If it's anything like Kampai or Ford's, sounds like another truckload of suck.

Does Hughes own this one as well?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 03:31:51 pm »

Never been. Look forward to trying it. Please forgive the rant.

The first sports bar I find that actually puts the slightest effort into PUTTING SPORTS ON TV will be the place I become a regular.

If you're a sports bar, you should have every game on TV that might be of interest to the masses.

I shouldn't have to ask you to change it from the sitcom with no sound and no captions to the baseball playoff game.

I shouldn't have to look up what channel the game is on, and what the corresponding channel number on your satellite provider is.

If it's 11pm and you have the sports packages, PUT SOME FREAKING GAMES ON!!! I don't want to watch Fox Sports Afghanistan's highlights show when there is even the least interesting sporting event on. I go to a sports bar TO WATCH ACTUAL LIVE SPORTS!!!

Maybe someday, some sports bar owner will grasp that concept. But I'm not holding out much hope.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 03:34:31 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TheTed

The first sports bar I find that actually puts the slightest effort into PUTTING SPORTS ON TV will be the place I become a regular.

If you're a sports bar, you should have every game on TV that might be of interest to the masses.

I shouldn't have to ask you to change it from the sitcom with no sound and no captions to the baseball playoff game.

I shouldn't have to look up what channel the game is on, and what the corresponding channel number on your satellite provider is.

If it's 11pm and you have the sports packages, PUT SOME FREAKING GAMES ON!!! I don't want to watch Fox Sports Afghanistan's highlights show when there is even the least interesting sporting event on. I go to a sports bar TO WATCH ACTUAL LIVE SPORTS!!!

Maybe someday, some sports bar owner will grasp that concept. But I'm not holding out much hope.

The place that was where MyStaff is on Skelly Dr. just east of Yale was the last "real" sports bar in Tulsa with multiple TV's and satellite feeds.  Charlie Mitchell owned it.  The name escapes me at the moment.  It did well, I believe it went south along with his Charlie Mitchell's brand in his divorce.

Anyone remember the name of the place?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 04:18:37 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

quote:

The place that was where MyStaff is on Skelly Dr. just east of Yale was the last "real" sports bar in Tulsa with multiple TV's and satellite feeds.  Charlie Mitchell owned it.  The name escapes me at the moment.  It did well, I believe it went south along with his Charlie Mitchell's brand in his divorce.

Outer Urban?
Wilbur
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 04:23:55 pm »

quote:

Go to Indigo Joes, 105th and Memorial.  More TVs then you can imagine, and all have sports on.  Want to see a different game on a different tv, just ask.  They will also bring you your own voicebox if you want to listen.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 08:21:53 pm »

I believe Joe Momma's downtown is supposed to have the largest screen for sports in Tulsa and should be opening next week.
unknown
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 08:47:58 pm »

quote:

Only place I remember there was Outback.

Went in to Leon's and sat at the bar, will have to go back for food next time.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 08:50:53 pm by unknown » Logged
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 07:11:36 am »

it was after the bombay bicycle club...
but yeah, that was an impressive sports bar...

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 07:22:29 am »

quote:

haha you're funny. [Tongue]
dbacks fan
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2008, 08:56:44 am »

I remember the place, they had a boxing ring that had tables in it, and you could pick the audio from any one of the main tv's to listen to. The one thing that was a problem for that place was the fact that it was on the service road and not exactly easy to get to.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2008, 09:30:04 am »

I think it did open as Bombay Bicycle Club (good memory Bruno) and I believe unknown is correct that it was Outback Sports Grill in it's last incarnation.

fakeitall
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2008, 11:12:30 am »

I thought it was called boomerang or something like that
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org