A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:21:47 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: leon's sports bar,,,  (Read 41223 times)
CoffeeBean
Civic Leader

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2008, 10:21:51 am »

The interior falls far short of a true sports bar.  Put a Fox and Hound or Buffalo Wild Wings in the empty Delta across the street and Leon's would close down.  

(just my .02)

TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2008, 11:00:55 am »

I keep hearing advertisements on the radio.  They claim to have nineteen 42" TV's with NFL sunday Ticket.  Any good beer specials ?

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
Gold
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2008, 11:23:51 am »

I tried it last night.  I thought the food was pretty good (better than what I thought I was getting into when I looked at the menu).  They have some standard stuff on tap (Bud, a Marshall beer, Guiness) and they have a deal where you get this huge glass-stein looking thing for $5-8, depending on what you order.

It seemed a little cold in there.  The interior doesn't seem quite finished.  The room that used to be the market at Ford's is now a "game room," but only has Golden Tee.  The room/hallway towards the restrooms is empty, I think.  It still has the same restrooms with the funny doors.

They have a lot of tvs and old pictures of Tulsa.  

The menu has some appetizers like wings and fried artichokes.  They have some sliders (which I guess are either mini-burgers or chicken or sausage thiniges) that come in groups of two or three.  They have a long list of sandwiches named after famous sports figures, like the Troy Aikman (salmon sandwich, had to wonder if that was a reference to something), the Matt Holliday, and the Nancy Lopez.  They had mini-pizzas, salads, soups, full entres like chicken or pasta (that were expensive).

I tried the Nancy Lopez and it was good -- it was chicken on some sort of pressed tortilla, with generous helpings of cheese and beans, etc.  You get either waffle fries, buffalo fries (didn't ask what those were), or something like cottage cheese.

We'll go back.  My wife really liked it.

Aside: I'm amused by places that open up and name sandwiches or dishes after famous local people or entities (like the Collective).  Nothing wrong with it, it's just interesting to me.

Why doesn't someone name sandwiches after things in Tulsa that are either bad or funny?  We could have the "Medlock" (hot dog) or the "River Catch of the Day"; you could name things after bad urban planning, tax deficits, televangelists, and so on.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2008, 12:18:48 pm »

I had the Turkey Mountain at the last TNF lunch at the collective and everyone questioned my masculinity, or at least my sexual orientation.

I'm trying to picture what they'd think if I was eating a Mudschlock (Medlock).

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gold
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2008, 12:54:28 pm »

The Escapade -- hamburger with no bread.  Comes with a side of juice.

tulsascoot
Civic Leader

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2008, 08:40:50 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Gold

I think I would have to serve a footlong coney and call it the "Golden Driller".

Aa5drvr
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2008, 08:24:35 am »

Called Leons yesterday and they said they were carrying the TU Game on PPV.  
Get there and woops.. I guess we arent.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2008, 09:56:05 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by tulsascoot

quote:
Originally posted by Gold

I think I would have to serve a footlong coney and call it the "Golden Driller".

They should call it the Bill Bowen.....

kmrnnr
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2008, 10:16:35 am »

We went to Leon's on Friday night, it was really busy, but got great service.  Ordered appetizer supreme pizza...delicious.  Played pool, had fun.  Will go back for sure to try the full menu.
downtowndweller
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2009, 01:46:46 pm »

Finally made it into Leon's for some food and drinks with friends. Started with the salmon corn dog appetizers (just out of pure curiosity). They were actually pretty tasty. I had the Johnny Bench sandwich, (blackened ribeye on a crossiant) and it was very good. Others had the Brooksider pie and the BBQ sliders. All were said to be very good.
    We had good service (never ran out of beer) and if you like sports you can't go wrong with all of the TVs. I love sports and beer. I will be going back. This is a great addition to Brookside. If interested and going with friends, check out the 1/2 price coupons on KMOD website ($50 for $25+ $3.75 handling fee.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2016, 05:47:37 am »

Closing up shop...Saturday the 16th is the last night.....Property sold.....Something new coming it will still be a restaurant.....

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2016, 07:59:35 am »

I haven't been in a while but it always was a neat place.  They recently rebuilt the bar I think too.  Wonder why it didn't succeed.  Must be something more recent.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2016, 09:33:02 am »

Almost and eight year run in the Tulsa restaurant biz, that’s pretty good.  Perhaps the owners are tired of it and ready to move on to something else or retire.  It’s a primo location with great parking out back.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2016, 09:55:30 am »

Heard it's going to the R Bar people. Not sure if that is the case.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2016, 11:55:36 am »

It's not the folks from RBar.....Group out of Okc.....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org