A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:19:52 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: leon's sports bar,,,  (Read 41214 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2016, 02:26:53 pm »

It's not the folks from RBar.....Group out of Okc.....

Hal Smith?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
davideinstein
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2016, 07:07:34 pm »

Closing up shop...Saturday the 16th is the last night.....Property sold.....Something new coming it will still be a restaurant.....

That's crazy. I watch a ton of sports there.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2016, 08:09:02 pm »

That's crazy. I watch a ton of sports there.

Not that much or you would know it was closing....

davideinstein
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2016, 08:51:22 pm »

Not that much or you would know it was closing....

I saw Annalise last week after our company meeting there and she didn't mention it.
davideinstein
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2016, 08:52:01 pm »

It's not the folks from RBar.....Group out of Okc.....

Bricktown Brewery
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 10:16:57 pm by davideinstein » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2016, 09:25:22 am »

Bricktown Brewery

*YAWN*

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2016, 09:28:30 am »

Bricktown Brewery

Never been.  Do they brew their own stuff?  Is it any good?  It's gonna need to be good to compete with the Prairie and Marshall brewpubs going in downtown.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2016, 09:47:47 am »

Never been.  Do they brew their own stuff?  Is it any good?  It's gonna need to be good to compete with the Prairie and Marshall brewpubs going in downtown.

I've never been but work with someone who has been to the one in Owasso twice and says he won't be going back. I'll have to ask him for more details since all I remember him saying is that it was "ho hum" and "nothing special."
rebound
City Father

« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2016, 10:29:09 am »

I've never been but work with someone who has been to the one in Owasso twice and says he won't be going back. I'll have to ask him for more details since all I remember him saying is that it was "ho hum" and "nothing special."

I lived in Owasso when it opened up.  Went a couple of times.  For Owasso, it was definitely a step up.  But I agree, it's not anything really special.  It would be lost on Brookside.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2016, 11:00:19 am »

I don’t believe there’s near enough room in that space to brew or ferment/age beer so I doubt there will be on-site brewing.

The food at the OKC BB is okay, nothing that I particularly crave, but it's probably on par with The Brook.

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2016, 11:21:20 am »

I don’t believe there’s near enough room in that space to brew or ferment/age beer so I doubt there will be on-site brewing.

The food at the OKC BB is okay, nothing that I particularly crave, but it's probably on par with The Brook.

They don't brew at Owasso either (which kind of ruins the point of calling it a brew pub!). I have been to the one in Bricktown in OKC several times. I think their beers range from not good to pretty good (I like their stout most). It is not at the level of Marshall, Dead Armadillo or Prairie, but still much better than most mass-produced beers. The novelty of taking a growler of beer home should draw in some business.

I agree about the food. Just run of the mill pub food which isn't bad, but is nothing special. As someone who used to stop at there every time I'd go to OKC, I am not too excited about it coming here. If I was, I would've gone to the one in Owasso.

Once I found out they don't brew on site, my interest went to zero. For me, a big reason I'd want a growler of beer lies in the fact that it is freshly brewed on site and could potentially be produced that day, and often within the last week. If it is just as old as beer on the shelves, I'd rather just get a six pack of better beer which will last months rather than something that goes flat after a few days.

If I reviewed it, I'd give it these ratings:
Beer - 2/5
Food - 3/5
Atmosphere - 3.5/5 (Felt somewhat chain-esque while retaining the raw exposed-brick look many places in urban areas have)
Overall Rating: 2.5/5
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2016, 11:22:56 am »

I think the Brook is slightly better overall, mostly because of much bigger portions for the money.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2016, 11:29:52 am »

So is BB trying to be a local version of Gordon Biersch?  Their beers are good not necessarily great and the food is good not necessarily great.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2016, 11:46:32 am »

So is BB trying to be a local version of Gordon Biersch?  Their beers are good not necessarily great and the food is good not necessarily great.

I'd give Gordon Biersch the nod over BB.   Food is about the same, but GB beers are generally a little better.  But yes, similar places.

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2016, 12:10:05 pm »

Or like Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery which is all over the US. It feels similar. They are trying to capture the chain brewery market around here before GB or Rock Bottom show up. Big issue is that if they don't brew in either Tulsa location, it is just another pub/burger place in a very crowded market.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org