A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 05:17:14 am
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AT&T U-Verse  (Read 77752 times)
jiminy
« Reply #120 on: January 03, 2009, 11:21:22 am »

I actually signed up for Uverse at one point, to a traveling salesman, but cancelled after I did some research.  Namely, they don't have a box with Firewire output (salesguy told me they did) and the disappointing HD quality.  In order to provide 2 HD streams at once they dropped them to 6 mbps, which is marginal even for h.264.  I think Cox's mpeg2 is 18 mbps.  Those were the dealbreakers for me.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2009, 12:14:31 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by tim huntzinger

The picture quality has been much much better than with Cox in my first-hand experience.  I grew up devouring television, any tv, so I know what I am talking about.

Shill? Hoss, you are right.  I guess I should go ahead and keep letting all the positive remarks continue and just get out of the way! Bunch of shills these consumers who participated in the JD Powers survey.  Clearly have a profit motive! Hardy har!

Yeah, seeing a lot of negative remarks as well.  Can't shut up the informed consumer, can ya?

[B)]

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
tim huntzinger
« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2009, 12:32:08 pm »

Surprise! U-verse is NOT perfect! Hoss, I am going to ride you hard and put you up wet! I do not have HD and would not pay for it anyway so that aspect I do not know what is up.  People love the total-home DVR, the picture quality, faster channel changing et al.  If HD quality is an issue and everything else does not matter, why not sign up for Dish or DirecTV?
EricP
Civic Leader

« Reply #123 on: January 03, 2009, 12:52:43 pm »

quote:

Surprise! U-verse is NOT perfect! Hoss, I am going to ride you hard and put you up wet! I do not have HD and would not pay for it anyway so that aspect I do not know what is up.  People love the total-home DVR, the picture quality, faster channel changing et al.  If HD quality is an issue and everything else does not matter, why not sign up for Dish or DirecTV?

It's ironic you are talking about its fantastic picture quality.... then you mention you don't even watch HD.

Better SD picture quality?

lol.

tim huntzinger
« Reply #124 on: January 03, 2009, 01:03:17 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by EricP

It's ironic you are talking about its fantastic picture quality.... then you mention you don't even watch HD.

Better SD picture quality?

lol.

Absolutely.  Funny thing is 'officially' HD is not available in two streams.  But the SD has - on my 42" Sanyo and 27" RCA tuber - no pixelation or blocking.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #125 on: January 03, 2009, 01:23:15 pm »

quote:

Which is why I suggest you're a shill for AT&T.  I don't shill for Cox, I do shill against AT&T and their..

a) deceptive ad practices
b) HORRENDOUS accounting practices.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

tim huntzinger
« Reply #126 on: January 03, 2009, 01:36:05 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Hoss

Which is why I suggest you're a shill for AT&T.  I don't shill for Cox, I do shill against AT&T and their..

I been working for 'now' 'at&t' for ten years.  My company has the hottest products going.  I been posting here for years and this is the first time I have endorsed a product offered by my company.  And even then I have not specifically asked for anyone's business here even though I could make quite a bit of commission.  Shill? Whatever!

Here y'go!
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #127 on: January 03, 2009, 02:22:12 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Nik

UVerse has the Total Home DVR and they allow you to set something to record via Internet, while Cox does not.

Not that it matters much, but DirecTV has had that capability for what, two years now?

FYI, DirecTV's HD is MPEG4.  Id go with them or Dish Network over cable anyday.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #128 on: January 03, 2009, 02:38:52 pm »

quote:

quote:

I been working for 'now' 'at&t' for ten years.  My company has the hottest products going.  I been posting here for years and this is the first time I have endorsed a product offered by my company.  And even then I have not specifically asked for anyone's business here even though I could make quite a bit of commission.  Shill? Whatever!

Here y'go!

That was all I ever asked is that you come clean about it.  At least now we know your motives.  Or at the very least, I do.

And if by 'hottest products' you mean that 10 year long debacle called 'Project Lightspeed' (yes, I did have SWB back then) then you have everyone fooled.

When Uverse can deliver to everyone and not just pockets here and there, will I not shoot it down every chance I get, especially when you are shilling for it.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 02:42:42 pm by Hoss » Logged

inteller
« Reply #129 on: January 03, 2009, 02:54:19 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by patric

quote:
Originally posted by Nik

UVerse has the Total Home DVR and they allow you to set something to record via Internet, while Cox does not.

Not that it matters much, but DirecTV has had that capability for what, two years now?

FYI, DirecTV's HD is MPEG4.  Id go with them or Dish Network over cable anyday.

BFD.  I can schedule recordings to my MCE box from my mobile as well as stream the content I have reocrded back to it as well.  makes any of internet crap dish, cox, or att offer look like the stone ages.
tim huntzinger
« Reply #130 on: January 03, 2009, 03:50:00 pm »

quote:

That was all I ever asked is that you come clean about it.  At least now we know your motives.  Or at the very least, I do.

And if by 'hottest products' you mean that 10 year long debacle called 'Project Lightspeed' (yes, I did have SWB back then) then you have everyone fooled.

When Uverse can deliver to everyone and not just pockets here and there, will I not shoot it down every chance I get, especially when you are shilling for it.

And I am sorry that some almagamation of the company sort of known as at&t done you wrong sometime wayyyy back when.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #131 on: January 03, 2009, 04:11:51 pm »

quote:

quote:

And I am sorry that some almagamation of the company sort of known as at&t done you wrong sometime wayyyy back when.

Trust me, they're still doing it.  They're trying to collect on $100 dollars they say I owe them after their idiot technicians failed to turn off the DSL when I asked them to TEN YEARS AGO, after they had already come and taken the modem.

JD Powers my donkey...

HDPokeFan
« Reply #132 on: January 03, 2009, 08:15:04 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

With Total-Home DVR I can easily search, record, and replay any content quickly.  I can even program recordings from my wireless or remotely on the web.  And when I go to replay my content, there is virtually no delay in channel switching, and the picture never 'blocks' or goes all pixel on me.  U-verse is a better value and a great product. Consumers agree: U-verse tops cable for satisfaction!

Still didn't address HDPokefan's issues.  Plus the fact that virtually everyone in Tulsa and most surrounding communities has access to Cox Digital.  How many have access in Tulsa to Uverse?  Only those with AT&T phone service, and even then, still not everyone.

U-verse does NOT charge for DVR would be the larger point.  It is so easy to record an entire series with a double click that if someone needs help understanding that i wonder if they are allowed to drive, too! Ha ha!  Figgers an OSU fan would not understand D-V-R.  Ha ha ha!  U-verse has 10,000 movie titles on demand, Sux has what, 700?

Tim - Okay we get you work for AT&T and like their video product -- but you are losing a lot of credibility by posting things completely untrue about the product.

As I mentioned I have both U-Verse and Cox (although I will be officially ending my personal trial of U-Verse at the end of January).  I can tell you that Cox has way way way way more On Demand content than AT&T -- it is not even remotely close.  
And now that you mentioned you don't have HD at home we can see why your HD information is incorrect.  The amount of HD content available On Demand for AT&T is about 14 shows at last check.  Cox has hundreds of titles.

I do like U-Verse's guide, but at least admit U-Verse has some serious problems.  Mainly the technology.  AT&T decided to add video without truly building their network.  The spent about 1/7th of what Verizon spent building their video network.  That is why if you are downloading something on your AT&T DSL you can be effecting the quality of your video signal -- because AT&T decided to send video over the same copper wires as the telephone and DSL.  

THIS IS A FACT: AT&T has less bandwidth coming into the home for phone service, U-Verse video service, and internet service combined than Cox has for just one channel of video service. (Tim - If you don't believe me ask your engineers.  AT&T has about 25 Mbps available going into the home for all 3 services,  -- Cox has about 36 Mbps available for just one channel of video service.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #133 on: January 04, 2009, 10:06:29 am »

Just cancel cox and u-verse and then join back up when the prices drop.  I only want 15 channels.  Take the other 200 channels throw them in the trash and I will give you $20 a month.  These a**hole companies can't use the its too hard to offer individual channels crap for so long.  If people don't want to buy them they will either 1) lower their price or 2) go out of business.

ESPN Ocho
tim huntzinger
« Reply #134 on: January 04, 2009, 10:23:00 am »

HD poke you are losing a lot of credibility posting things completely misleading about the U-verse product!  Cox needs all the extra bandwidth because of the kind of receivers they are using, no? Why does the Cox channels take soooooo looooooong to change? Is it because of the receiver or because of all their extra bandwidth? Ha ha!  14 HD titles? Are you kidding? Tulsans get 45 channels!! What zip code are you using when you visit the easy-to-navigate uverse.att.com site? Unless you are seeing something different, you must think the readers here are stoopid or something!

Again, the slower speed of the delivery of the 'on-demand' product - really a hodge-podge patchwork of forced programming (previews, clips, snippets of shows) - and the richer digital quality of the SD make U-verse a better value IMO.

By saying 'completely untrue' you are saying I am a liar; I am calling you are a Damned Liar! Protocol suggests that you "double-damn" me before I "double-damn-you-to-hell." And then, it would be On like Ron. In civil debate when such a broad accusation has been leveled by an opponent, the offended mistakes greatly if he/she does not immediately ask for an apology or resignation of the argument from the opponent.

#

HDPOKEMINTHEARASEFAN - Okay we get the fact your crappy Cowgirls lost - but your bitter tirades are boring and useless.  Feed the birds rather than trolls, Tulsan! Ha ha! QUACK QUACK QUACK!!!

As I mentioned I have had both U-Verse and Cox (and I really do not miss the crappy insulting commercials every ten seconds demanding that I surrender all my communication products to some blue-shirted she-male). I can tell you that Cox's has way way way way more "On Demand" content is a JOKE!

Your information is misleading and incorrect, and I really do not have time to try and correct your poor attempt at debate.

THIS IS A FACT: "Reputation" is very important, and I know when I am being "struggled against" by thugs and I will not stand for it!! I apologize for even getting involved in this discussion. Things may have gotten heated a time or two but what is going on is not even cool. If I posted anything that was taunting or playfully worded at the Cox company I never intended to mislead or misdirect or misconstrue any claim they made about their service or the capabilities.  I have made every effort to have Tulsans visit the att website, pay attention to their mail, visit a store, or even engage any of the hordes of clipboard carrying neophytes descending on your neighborhood/subdivision for information about the U-verse service.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org