A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 04:18:38 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tonight's Ryan Adams concert postponed  (Read 3472 times)
zstyles
Philanthropist

« on: October 10, 2008, 03:52:28 pm »

DCF, the promoter for tonight's Ryan Adams show at the Brady Theater, has confirmed that Adams and his band, The New Cardinals, will not perform this evening.

Adams was forced to reschedule his show last night in Kansas City, too, citing the flu, his Web site reported. DCF officials also said he canceled tonight's show under doctor's orders.

Both shows will be rescheduled.

No refunds are being offered at this time.

Of five shows DCF has booked with Ryan Adams in recent years, Adams has rescheduled or canceled four of them. He has also canceled, rescheduled and walked off stage during other shows in cities in recent months and years, news reports show.
Steve
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 04:27:15 pm »

Well that should be strong testament to what he thinks of his fans, if he has any.

Maybe it was "emergency dental work" that allegedly was the cause of that rapper thug Lil Wayne to cancel at the BOK center recently.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 04:34:55 pm by Steve » Logged
charky
Civic Leader

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 04:52:36 pm »

I dig Ryan Adams...especially his earlier work with Whiskeytown. But the dude ranks very high
on my d o u c h e-bag meter.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 04:53:43 pm by charky » Logged

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 07:59:11 pm »

Attitude and substance abuse problem, I'd guess.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
inteller
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 08:48:56 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Maybe it was "emergency dental work" that allegedly was the cause of that rapper thug Lil Wayne to cancel at the BOK center recently.

oh he canceled?  bwahahahahahahahaha!
kylieosu
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 06:54:35 am »

quote:
Originally posted by charky

I dig Ryan Adams...especially his earlier work with Whiskeytown. But the dude ranks very high

I agree with this statement. I really love Ryan Adams' music....but the dude needs to get his act together. It's really frustrating to be a fan sometimes.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 08:00:55 am »

What did the squirrels do during the ice storm.....

inteller
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 09:37:21 am »

quote:
Originally posted by kylieosu

quote:

I agree with this statement. I really love Ryan Adams' music....but the dude needs to get his act together. It's really frustrating to be a fan sometimes.

it doesnt help that people confuse him with Brian Adams.....the guy needs to get a different stage name.
rwarn17588
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 02:01:38 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

quote:
Originally posted by kylieosu

quote:

it doesnt help that people confuse him with Brian Adams.....the guy needs to get a different stage name.

A few years ago, he'd always storm off the stage when a smart-aleck in the audience would yell out, "Play 'Cuts Like a Knife'!"

Ryan Adams has no sense of humor. I would have played that song for a line or two, totally straight. What the hell ... it's a good song (and I don't say that about Bryan Adams very often).
inteller
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 08:01:37 pm »

I'm listening to the Follow the Lights EP now and I'm kinda "eh"...Whiskeytown was better.
Kenosha
Philanthropist

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 10:35:35 am »

Paul Westerberg he's not.  Acting like a punk was cool when he was 23.

Extraordinarily talented.  Someone should tell him that the self destructive, tortured artist is really only revered after he is dead.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org