A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 17, 2024, 12:32:24 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: when was the golden driller "neutered"  (Read 9179 times)
ARGUS
Civic Leader

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 04:11:41 pm »

"Hey what was your first topic posting on Tulsa Now?"
"Who neutered the Golden Driller!"
"Wow!;you got balls!"

inteller
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2008, 04:47:11 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

If you ask me the version of the Driller posted above looks pretty fay, don't you think?

I think you were off one letter.  That 50s driller looks gay for sure.  Pretty funny that they would have something like that back then but freak out over the concept of the oil goddess.
kylieosu
Civic Leader

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2008, 05:54:38 pm »

Yeaaaah....The Driller from the 50s looks totally creepy....
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2008, 07:40:21 pm »

Here is the other one I was talking about. I also think I have seen 2 more versions but cant remember where it was that I saw them. Probably in an old book.

From the Beryl Ford Collection

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
inteller
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2008, 07:51:07 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

Here is the other one I was talking about. I also think I have seen 2 more versions but cant remember where it was that I saw them. Probably in an old book.

From the Beryl Ford Collection

HEY that driller has no shirt! OMG I see boobies!  Children close your eyes!
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2008, 01:40:10 pm »

I was surprised to see he's 76' tall. I did not think he was that all. The Texas state fair has a guy named "Big Tex" who stands 52' tall. Oklahoma is a oil state.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org