A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 09:38:24 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama: Everybody's Going To Have To Give  (Read 5880 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: January 11, 2009, 05:40:35 pm »

It began at only those over $250K/year would get the tax increase, then over the course of the campaign that number was reduced. Now, I guess we  all get to pay:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=102&topic_id=3684147&mesg_id=3684147

I love those lefties at DU.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
USRufnex
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 07:37:39 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by guido911

It began at only those over $250K/year would get the tax increase, then over the course of the campaign that number was reduced. Now, I guess we  all get to pay:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=102&topic_id=3684147&mesg_id=3684147

I love those lefties at DU.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 07:48:18 am »

I understand it was about "Change" but can we stop changing yet?  Looks like the old boss is back, and he hasn't even started yet.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 10:07:41 am »

That whole "paralyzed with fear" thing was the LAST administration.  Obama's, you know, being kind of honest with the people who elected him. Compare and contrast "we're all going to have to contribute" to "keep shopping like you always have or the terrorists will have won."

Or what, you all have something against shared sacrifice?
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 10:41:31 am »

quote:
Originally posted by we vs us

Obama's, you know, being kind of honest with the people who elected him. Compare and contrast "we're all going to have to contribute" to "keep shopping like you always have or the terrorists will have won."

Oh really, well who said this in 2004:

"Look, I can unequivocally say I will not be running for national office in four years."

Who also said he would accept federal financing for his presidential run (only to turn around and refuse)? Or how about his flip on FISA and telecom immunity? Or his position on universal healthcare.

I cannot take this much honesty.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 11:02:56 am »

quote:

quote:

Obama's, you know, being kind of honest with the people who elected him. Compare and contrast "we're all going to have to contribute" to "keep shopping like you always have or the terrorists will have won."

"Look, I can unequivocally say I will not be running for national office in four years."

Who also said he would accept federal financing for his presidential run (only to turn around and refuse)? Or how about his flip on FISA and telecom immunity? Or his position on universal healthcare.

Nov 7, 2005

George W Bush - "We do not torture".

How's that for a whopper?

Oh, but of course, Gweed will start calling me an 'Obama apologist'.

I think someone's going to need to be doing some 'apologizing' for that lie.

I'll put up with a lie about someone saying he wasn't going to run for national office over someone who lied about something covered in the Geneva Convention and something that could be considered a war crime.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 11:28:34 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Hoss

quote:

quote:

Nov 7, 2005

I'll put up with a lie about someone saying he wasn't going to run for national office over someone who lied about something covered in the Geneva Convention and something that could be considered a war crime.

First, I thought this thread was about Obama? What does Bush have to do with any of this? And yes, not only are you an Obama apologist, but I think you would do anything for him.

Second, who specifically did the U.S. torture and what torture technique was utilized?

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 12:29:19 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nov 7, 2005

First, I thought this thread was about Obama? What does Bush have to do with any of this? And yes, not only are you an Obama apologist, but I think you would do anything for him.

Second, who specifically did the U.S. torture and what torture technique was utilized?

Come on Gweed, I thought you'd be better at it than this.

Abu Ghraib?  Waterboarding?  This has been talked about for 5 years now.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 12:40:06 pm »

Who got waterboarded is my question?

What torture was employed at Abu Ghraib? Are you talking about panties on the head of prisoners and naked men piled up?

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 12:43:25 pm »

quote:

What torture was employed at Abu Ghraib? Are you talking about panties on the head of prisoners and naked men piled up?

Does the name 'Khalid Sheikh Mohammed' ring a bell?  He was waterboarded.  But I'm sure you have a way to disspell that too.

You have got to be kidding me, right?

And as far as Abu Ghraib goes, look at some of the pictures here and tell me you wouldn't consider that some form on psych torture?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Ghraib_prisoner_abuse

But go ahead, tell me that it ain't, Cheney, Jr.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 12:46:57 pm by Hoss » Logged

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 01:38:10 pm »

quote:

The gov acknowledges that at least three people were waterboarded at Guantanamo Bay:

quote:
Gen. Michael Hayden, head of the Central Intelligence Agency, confirmed one fact in a debate not likely to end soon:      “Waterboarding has been used on only three detainees,” he told members of the Senate Intelligence Committee. “It was used on Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. It was used on Abu Zubaydah. And it was used on [Abd al-Rahim al-]Nashiri.”

I say "at least" because I don't expect anyone in intelligence to release the correct number of waterboardees at Guantanamo, and the above also doesn't include the black prison sites the Bush Administration has built around the world.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 01:39:07 pm »

quote:

quote:

Does the name 'Khalid Sheikh Mohammed' ring a bell?  He was waterboarded.  But I'm sure you have a way to disspell that too.

Oh, the guy that planned 9/11? The guy that decapitated Daniel Pearl? The guy that gave up the Library Tower bombing plot in LA after being waterboarded? Yep! Bush should be prosecuted as a war criminal for abusing that piece of sh#t. The other two that were waterboarded were also high level al Qaeda figures. I will acknowledge that all three were both signatories and strict adherents to the Geneva Conventions.

As for Abu Ghraib, why exactly is Bush responsible for those abuses?  I thought those soldiers involved were criminally prosecuted.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 02:04:30 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh, the guy that planned 9/11? The guy that decapitated Daniel Pearl? The guy that gave up the Library Tower bombing plot in LA after being waterboarded? Yep! Bush should be prosecuted as a war criminal for abusing that piece of sh#t. The other two that were waterboarded were also high level al Qaeda figures. I will acknowledge that all three were both signatories and strict adherents to the Geneva Conventions.

As for Abu Ghraib, why exactly is Bush responsible for those abuses?  I thought those soldiers involved were criminally prosecuted.

Hey, I just reported what happened.  I ain't saying I agree or disagree, so don't put words in my mouth.

But when the government says that 'we don't torture' and the proof is right there in front of you, isn't that the highest form of hypocrisy?  A lie?

Oh no, two wrongs always equal a right though.  To hell with the Geneva Convention.

http://www.hrw.org/legacy/english/docs/2004/05/24/usint8614.htm

This administration can't be over quick enough for me...sheesh.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 02:06:05 pm by Hoss » Logged

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 02:11:36 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't care if it was Satan himself, waterboarding is torture, and torture is illegal.  Full stop.  

And you should brush up on the Geneva Conventions a tad, Guido.  The GC binds us regardless of who we're fighting against.  That includes non state fighters like Al Qaeda. There is never a time when the GCs do not apply to us.  They aren't optional.  

It kinda keeps me up at night that you're a lawyer yet seem to have no qualms about ignoring the law based on expedience.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 05:46:59 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't care if it was Satan himself, waterboarding is torture, and torture is illegal.  Full stop.  

And you should brush up on the Geneva Conventions a tad, Guido.  The GC binds us regardless of who we're fighting against.  That includes non state fighters like Al Qaeda. There is never a time when the GCs do not apply to us.  They aren't optional.  

It kinda keeps me up at night that you're a lawyer yet seem to have no qualms about ignoring the law based on expedience.

Oh whatever. It kinda keeps me up at night knowing that you are an American and have no qualms about not preventing terrorists from blowing up your fellow countrymen. And as I posted on another thread in this forum, there's another lawyer out there that supports my position:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2002/01/22/ED5329.DTL

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org