A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 12:30:42 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Inaugeration is Costing How Much?  (Read 7519 times)
pmcalk
City Mother
City Father

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2009, 08:25:12 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Gaspar

Forget the presidential seal. Now they have redesigned the US flag.

I thought there were laws against this?

US Flag Code: “The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.”

Laws against this??  Not any constitutional ones.  The right to decorate or even burn the flag is protected under the First Amendment.  Supreme Court settled that long ago.

pmcalk
City Mother
City Father

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2009, 08:30:55 am »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

quote:
Originally posted by pmcalk

There have been many, many reports on media bias, and all have their own bias.  In the end, I think the economic theories of media bias make the most sense.

You do realize the study we are arguing about was published in the The Quarterly Journal of Economics?  Not really to the point, but it made me chuckle.  

I have stated my case for the above study.  It is simply the best study I have ever seen on the subject.  Cite other peer reviewed studies and I'll be happy to look them over.    The study itself answers most of the questions/concerns you have posed and since you have read it in great detail I have no need to repeat them here.

Sry to hijack the thread... promise to stay on topic.
[Wink]

Didn't say I read it in detail.  It's pretty dull.  Not to beat a dead horse, but no, the study does not answer any of my concerns.  It doesn't answer the very basic premise of why their conclusion is valid.  If their conclusion were "many media sources cite to the same think tanks as congressional members who are deemed liberal," then I would say it's a valid report.

If you are really interested, I could start another thread on media bias studies, but I think we highjacked this thread enough.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2009, 10:56:52 am »

quote:
Originally posted by rwarn17588

quote:
Originally posted by guido911

In these terrible economic times, do we taxpayers really need to spend upwards of $100 million dollars for Obama's inaugeration?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1115942/Bush-declares-state-emergency-Washington-cost-Obamas-swearing-ceremony-soars-110m.html

Seriously.

Blogs around the net are pointing out how the media chastized Bush on his $40M inaugeration in 2004. Where's the media outrage today?

It's spelled "inauguration," counselor.

Sheesh.

Wow. Pointing out a spelling error. You're really reaching. How's that spoon fest with Obama working out for ya?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org