A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 09:24:01 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get drug dealers off the street  (Read 10926 times)
rhymnrzn
Activist

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2009, 05:29:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder
Also important is that Jesus wants us to smoke more marijuana.

Allow us to set difference between profane and holy: no, no, we are disallowed.
rwarn17588
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2009, 06:30:39 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by rhymnrzn

I have dwelt in Tulsa for a number of years, having family there, and my own testimony about the place, which can be said by many about any place, but the Lord bids me about TULSA.  
[/quote]

The Lord bids you to shut your mouth before you make a bigger fool of yourself than you already have.
rhymnrzn
Activist

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2009, 07:03:10 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by rwarn17588

The Lord bids you to shut your mouth before you make a bigger fool of yourself than you already have.

From the day I learned it from the Lord, I was not rebellious: and you are telling me that the Lord wills me to conceal it, and not publish it.  What is it to hold private interpretations, then?  I would agree that the Lord wills not that we bang our heads into a wall: that would be vain!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 07:04:09 pm by rhymnrzn » Logged
rwarn17588
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2009, 09:37:10 pm »

quote:

quote:

From the day I learned it from the Lord, I was not rebellious: and you are telling me that the Lord wills me to conceal it, and not publish it.  What is it to hold private interpretations, then?  I would agree that the Lord wills not that we bang our heads into a wall: that would be vain!

How do you know it's the Lord guiding you and not just another voice in your head?

Or could it be ... SATAN??!!

[}:)]
dbacks fan
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2009, 08:50:48 am »

Here is a story about a recent bust here that was part of a nation wide crackdown.
TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2009, 08:52:04 am »

quote:

quote:

I read several diff forums on a daily basis (IGN, E90post, and a few others).  But for some reason, this board always seems to attract the lunatics and nutjobs.  Why is that??

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
dbacks fan
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2009, 08:53:26 am »

quote:
Originally posted by TUalum0982

quote:

quote:

I read several diff forums on a daily basis (IGN, E90post, and a few others).  But for some reason, this board always seems to attract the lunatics and nutjobs.  Why is that??

Because Tulsa is under the buckle of the bible belt?HuhHuh?
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2009, 09:13:06 am »

I like to think it is because we are a little more open than other places.  While you may be ridiculed, you are still allowed to post whatever idea you may have. For better or worse, better I think... but that's just me.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2009, 09:59:08 am »

quote:

Thanks for noticing. Maybe it is because we are more fun?

Power is nothing till you use it.
TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2009, 11:21:31 am »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

quote:

Thanks for noticing. Maybe it is because we are more fun?

If by more fun you mean watching a cat pounce on a blind defenseless mouse that keeps running into the wall, then by all means, you are correct!

I enjoy reading the great remarks and posts when people on here post, for lack of a better word, ignorant topics.

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
tnt091605
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2009, 11:42:14 am »

quote:
Originally posted by PonderInc

Read an intersting article in Newsweek about how to get drug dealers off the street

A guy named David Kennedy has spent years studying what works and what doesn't.  Here's a little summary:

...he spent years in the rough neighborhoods of cities like Houston, Los Angeles and Boston. He watched the same sad pattern: locked and loaded, cops would repeatedly kick down doors—or make undercover buys to catch dealers. The locals began viewing the police the way residents of Tikrit saw the U.S. Fourth Infantry Division in the summer of 2003: as an occupying army....

In a 2004 experiment in High Point, N.C., Kennedy got the cops to try a new way of cleaning up the corners. They rounded up some young dealers; showed a videotape of them dealing drugs; and readied cases, set for indictment, that would have meant hard time in prison. Then they let the kids go. Working with their families, the police helped the dope dealers find job training and mentors. The message, which spread quickly through the neighborhood, was that the cops would give kids a second chance—but come down aggressively if they didn't take it. The police won back trust they had lost long ago (if they ever had it). After four years, police in High Point had wiped the drug dealers off the corner. They compared the numbers to the prior four years and found a 57 percent drop in violent crime in the targeted area.

...One crime-infested Nashville neighborhood where Kennedy's program was used saw a 91 percent drop in crime and prostitution in 2008, largely attributable to Kennedy's good-cop, bad-cop approach.

You can take dealers off the street.  But there are 5 more waiting to take their place.  I don't believe this for a minute.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2009, 12:12:09 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by tnt091605

You can take dealers off the street.  But there are 5 more waiting to take their place.  I don't believe this for a minute.

None of the laws they have passed, or are likely to pass, make up for the fact that they ignore the law of supply and demand.

California has a plan to put more than a billion dollars back into their economy, just by decriminalizing and taxing the hell out of recreational drugs.
Add the additional resources they would recover by not wasting it on the "war" and they might have a better chance of pulling out of the recession altogether.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org