A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 01:32:03 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: where do Tulsans go to find out about Tulsa?  (Read 3036 times)
cmoreno
« on: February 28, 2009, 06:11:06 pm »

please share where it is that you find out about Tulsa

on the, "Tulsa Time" blog on LiveJournal (as well as on facebook and twitter), i've posted some thoughts about local advertising, and more importantly about where tulsa folks to go find events, things happening, businesses, where to go, what to do, etc.

please read:
http://community.livejournal.com/tulsatime/673833.html

and PLEASE comment!
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 02:08:43 pm »

Ummm... I'm old fashioned.  I read the paper, check out the Urban Tulsa, read this forum, and hear about things from co-workers and friends.  (Get a lot of emails about various events around town.)  I know that the "younger" generation gets a lot of info via Twitter and MySpace alerts from "friends," in addition to more "traditional" methods.
Hometown
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 04:54:15 pm »

Tulsa World
OETA's Oklahoma Nightly News Report
TulsaNow

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 04:56:31 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Hometown

OETA's Oklahoma Nightly News Report

Worst weather graphics but by far most informative local newscast.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 07:22:51 am »

-TulsaNow
-RSS Feed Reader pulling all stories referencing Tulsa via Google Search.
-TulsaWorld
-Gossip
joiei
City Father

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 03:08:10 pm »

That web site is not pretty.  Too jumbled and too hard to figure out what is what.  Looks like a 64 color box of crayons exploded there.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
charky
Civic Leader

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 03:51:38 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by joiei

That web site is not pretty.  Too jumbled and too hard to figure out what is what.  Looks like a 64 color box of crayons exploded there.

Glad someone said it before me. Just painful to look at. Too many colors...the all caps don't work...too much scrolling text...just too much stuff.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 04:04:39 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by charky

quote:
Originally posted by joiei

Glad someone said it before me. Just painful to look at. Too many colors...the all caps don't work...too much scrolling text...just too much stuff.

crap on a cracker, no kidding.  Looks like a 6 year old special needs kid on a trip pulled that one together
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org