A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 05:19:03 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Only in Sapulpa...  (Read 3907 times)
TurismoDreamin
Civic Leader

« on: March 03, 2009, 01:21:44 pm »

So I thought everyone would get a kick out of this. This is from another local automotive website.

quote:
Here is the story that I received from an eye witness:

So, I went down to the Sapulpa Walmart's to get some lightbulbs yesterday and while I was walking out to parking lot I heard this horrible grinding noise- - It wasn't long until I saw an indian roll up in this ride.. No tire what so ever, not even schreds of a tire--- looked like he had been rolling around like this for a week or 2. You can see the groove he was making in the asphault - - He got out and rolled in like it was nothin, Live'n da dream!

dbacks fan
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 03:26:21 pm »

It looks like it's also get a broken or bent lower control arm, the wheel is too far back in the wheel well.

grahambino
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 03:29:05 pm »

[Cheesy]
what the hell...seriously.
what is going through this guy's head?
i want to see pics of this guy.

/facepalm

« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 03:29:33 pm by grahambino » Logged
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 10:25:21 am »

But it does a lot better on the dirt road leading to the trailer. Grin

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 11:17:37 am »

* 4-3a066hellovaderpt5-1.jpg (68.44 KB - downloaded 268 times.)
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 02:49:56 pm »

He won't be able to keep doing it much longer, there is some heavy damage there, if that car is front wheel drive it's pretty grim. The wheel is pushed way back, plus the rim won't last much longer and you can't drive around on the brake rotor. Lips sealed

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Hawkins
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 12:55:15 pm »

If only there was some sort of inspection sticker states could issue vehicles that might prevent this sort of thing...   

Roll Eyes

Only in OKLAHOMA, I'm afraid.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 01:00:43 pm »

If only there was some sort of inspection sticker states could issue vehicles that might prevent this sort of thing...   
The inspection sticker won't prevent this. A police officer ticketing or arresting the driver would, though.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 08:06:25 pm »

The inspection sticker won't prevent this. A police officer ticketing or arresting the driver would, though.

I have to agree. OK used to have a minimal inspection program. People used to borrow a set of wheels and tires to pass inspection then give them back after they got their sticker.

naenae42day
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 08:14:31 pm »

I sent this to a co-worker for an LOL...all I got from her was....:OMG...he is tearing up our roads:
I think this guy is the least of our road worries.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org