A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 07:20:57 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Products Made in Tulsa (specifically McDonalds)  (Read 3297 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« on: March 04, 2009, 03:03:12 pm »

Channel 5 in Oklahoma City did an interesting report:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HPnULHzJVc[/youtube]

All the hamburger for McDonald's in the southwest is packaged at Lopez Foods just outside of Oklahoma City.  Creating 500 jobs in the area.  The biscuits for the southwest region are made at Bama Pie  in Tulsa.  All of the pies that McDonalds serves in North America are also made by Bama Pie in Tulsa (500-999 jobs per the Chamber).

Always interested to hear about what products our State and particularly our city makes.  Sometimes things you have consumed/used since you were a kid are made right here.  Aside from products there are companies in Tulsa doing things and I wouldn't have imagined (just learned yesterday there is a very large nuclear engineering corporation).  School buses, glass for Ford, all kinds oil infrastructure, pipelines and drill rigs, aviation components for Cessna and Boeing, commercial air conditioners . . .

Anyway, I found it interesting and thought I would share.  Please feel free to add to the list.

Metro Chamber largest employers list

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
ARGUS
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 09:19:46 am »

I was in Canada (Lake of the Woods)a couple of yrs ago on a fly-in fishing trip. While talking to the pilot of the plane which had a radial engine; he knew of Tulsa because he had been here delivering and picking up his engines which get overhauled at Covington Aircraft in Okmulgee (west side of 75). They bolt them in the bed of a pick up truck and run 'em down here 24.5 hours drive.
Not exactly what you wanted as far as a reply but my first thought.

dbacks fan
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 02:40:49 pm »

There was a time when you Okie Bug Fishing Lures, Lowrance Electronics making "fish finders" and Zebco rods and reels. Murphy Safety Switch, John Zink made the first central A/C unit my parents put in the house, Purolater Filters, Spartan Travel Trailers, Unit Rig, Crane Carrier, Pro Quip, Telex Computers.

(I know that some are no longer in business)
Wrinkle
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 01:27:47 pm »

Hasty-Bake makes great grills. Have a new store/factory at 13th & Lewis, now open.

Chili Bowl makes ....chili.

Flight-Safety (or whatever they're called now) makes flight simulators. Wasn't there another local company doing this called "Flight Simulators" or similar?

TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 01:35:20 pm »

Don't forget the SKY CAM that you see during NFL, NCAA Football and MLB games was started here in Tulsa Area.  (BA to be exact). 

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
BierGarten
Activist

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 01:43:02 pm »

Ramsey Winch.

Stairmaster.

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 01:49:31 pm »

I'm glad I eat only at What-A- Burger for fast food. That video is something that can make you give up eatting burgers. But Good! Cry

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 02:18:32 pm »

Yes, what-a-burgers are produced from thin air and do not under-go any of the malicious treatment that other fast food burgers do. Humans, Cattle and Automotons are not part of the process in creating these delicious burgers: they simply materialize between two slices of a bun wrapped in paper and squirted with condiments (but not in that order).
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 03:11:47 pm »

Did you watch the video?

What in the video would persuade one to not eat hamburgers?  Seems like a sterile processing plant to me.  Nothing struck me as odd in the slightest.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Chicken Little
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 07:06:30 pm »

Southwest United Industries does metal finishing for every aircraft maker in the biz, including the Shuttle Program.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org