A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 11:47:55 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Rose wins Rivers Edge Location...  (Read 105308 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2009, 09:40:07 am »

I would love nothing more than watching you try to get BACK IN your single shell after drinking. 

Don't drink and scull.  Boat flips when tipsy.

Maybe I'll be the one to invent rigger floats...LOL! Or better make that a rec single instead!  You really should come back out and row next year.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2009, 12:11:33 pm »

Maybe I'll be the one to invent rigger floats...LOL! Or better make that a rec single instead!  You really should come back out and row next year.

Make the outriggers retractable so they're only out when you need them.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2009, 12:55:56 pm »

In rowing geek, the "riggers" are what the oars attach to, so they are necessary all the time...

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2009, 06:09:35 pm »

In rowing geek, the "riggers" are what the oars attach to, so they are necessary all the time...

OK  Our dingy from years ago just had oar-locks. 

In that case, design yourself some outrigger floats.  I am thinking of training wheels for a bicycle in terms of function.

Your situation reminds me of a Smothers Brothers song.  It talks about boatmen and their oars.  They kept their oars in an oar house......

charky
Civic Leader

« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2009, 06:56:19 pm »

Passed by Elwoods on my run Monday. Already fenced off with some roof work going on.

stageidea
Civic Leader

« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2010, 04:46:24 pm »

Update in the Tulsa World today:
http://tiny.cc/JCpYa

FOTD
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2010, 05:16:40 pm »

Just wondering if they will sell health food and juices since it's in a natural ('ceptin' the view of Holley and  AEP) public park and recreational area...
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2010, 11:07:08 am »

Odd that they evicted the rivers edge under the guise of tearing down a warnout structure... and now they are rehabbing that structure for essentially the same use, but Ron by the same people as the new cafe.

Why not just allow rivers edge to remain?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2010, 12:13:04 pm »

Odd that they evicted the rivers edge under the guise of tearing down a warnout structure... and now they are rehabbing that structure for essentially the same use, but Ron by the same people as the new cafe.

Because then the city would have to have spent money to fix up the structure and they prefer not to be in the landlord business.
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2010, 07:50:22 pm »

maybe because the food was inedible.

Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2010, 01:04:59 pm »

As I recall it, and I was at most of the RPA Board meetings about then, the Riversedge leaseholders informed RPA that they were shutting it down.

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2010, 10:05:50 pm »

I went by Elwood's (the former River's Edge) last week and there was a big crowd and live music.  It doesn't appear they have started on the actual restaurant yet though, does anyone know when they plan to start?  This article from early March announcing the Elwood's opening indicates they were hoping to start in April and be finished by August.  I fear if they miss this window, which it looks like they have, they will stall and build over winter and then open next spring.  It doesn't make sense for them to open in late fall or winter.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20100310_11_A8_PatQui291238&archive=yes

Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2010, 10:26:54 pm »

Sources on Facebook indicate they're shooting for a September opening. 
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2010, 07:27:04 am »

I chatted with Tom about it a few weeks ago when we stopped in for lunch on our bikes.  He said the original cost estimates released to the TW were off by a good margin.  It's taken a little longer to round up the funding and get the engineering done.  Floyd is correct on the time line.  It's great to have Elwoods open for now to people (and dog) watch.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2010, 11:36:40 am »

I chatted with Tom about it a few weeks ago when we stopped in for lunch on our bikes.  He said the original cost estimates released to the TW were off by a good margin.  It's taken a little longer to round up the funding and get the engineering done.  Floyd is correct on the time line.  It's great to have Elwoods open for now to people (and dog) watch.

Next time you see Tom ask if they can take a firehose to the women's room each day before opening.

I'm afraid I can't get my wife to step anywhere close to that place again after the first visit.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org