A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 09:24:26 pm
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Rose wins Rivers Edge Location...  (Read 105281 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2010, 12:01:51 pm »

Next time you see Tom ask if they can take a firehose to the women's room each day before opening.

I'm afraid I can't get my wife to step anywhere close to that place again after the first visit.

Did they have a pylon in the turlet? This was the mens room a few weeks ago:

Time for a chat with Tom

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2010, 01:46:03 pm »

I was amazed that they did nothing to the restrooms before reopening. I don't care if the restrooms are RPA's responsibility they are the only ones for customers. How hard would it have been to use a powerwasher everywhere then do some painting and provide a little TP. I mean they toke the time to paint and work on the outside of the buildings.

Thank you,
Robert Town
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2010, 07:21:39 am »

I've not been by in a while.  Any noticeable progress for Blue Rose?

Any progress in making the Elwood’s bathrooms slightly less horrific?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2010, 09:30:15 am »

No and No

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2010, 10:35:54 am »

Maybe you guys should start using the womens.  I won't say it was great, but I am a picky pottier, will cry in pain holding it before I would ever use potajohn . . . but they weren't unbearable, for being outdoors and used by people who may or may not know what indoor plumbing is like anymore. 

There were also signs saying new bathrooms were being built, a block or two away maybe.

I could see NO evidence of new work being done on the restaurant. 

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2010, 10:42:27 am »

Maybe you guys should start using the womens.  I won't say it was great, but I am a picky pottier, will cry in pain holding it before I would ever use potajohn . . . but they weren't unbearable, for being outdoors and used by people who may or may not know what indoor plumbing is like anymore. 

That's the issue...I have little in the care department as long as there's a hole in the wall or floor for it to run down into. 

My wife on the other hand...We've been once since it's been Elwood's.  We will be back as soon as my wife believes there is an OCD compliant lady's room.

A functioning soap dispenser would be a step in the right direction...probably going to have to wait a while on that one.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2010, 10:46:45 am »

That's the issue...I have little in the care department as long as there's a hole in the wall or floor for it to run down into. 

My wife on the other hand...We've been once since it's been Elwood's.  We will be back as soon as my wife believes there is an OCD compliant lady's room.

A functioning soap dispenser would be a step in the right direction...probably going to have to wait a while on that one.

I got some hand sanitizer in my Tulsa Tough goodie bag Mrs. T is welcome to  Wink

Glad we hooked up Friday night, Blue Dome is hard to beat as a race venue, though the party on Crybaby Hill is a total gas.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2010, 11:02:28 am »

I got some hand sanitizer in my Tulsa Tough goodie bag Mrs. T is welcome to  Wink

Glad we hooked up Friday night, Blue Dome is hard to beat as a race venue, though the party on Crybaby Hill is a total gas.

She's got loads of sanitizer.  I think it was the hand to hand combat with the vermon that repelled her.

Backatcha
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2010, 11:36:51 am »

From about a month ago:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=334&articleid=20100515_11_A3_Anarch693471&archive=yes

Thank you,
Robert Town
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2010, 11:59:35 am »

Oh, and those construction cost figures they cited in the article?  Nowhere close to reality, more like $1.2mm

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2010, 12:24:19 pm »

I'm looking forward to seeing them start soon.  Although December is an interesting time to open a riverfront restaurant..

The design is really cool, I hope they stick to it.  The fact that it juts out over the water is a big plus.

godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2010, 01:02:19 pm »

The World Article makes me wonder if we awarded the space to the right people.

Thank you,
Robert Town
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2010, 01:16:33 pm »

I'm looking forward to seeing them start soon.  Although December is an interesting time to open a riverfront restaurant..

And if you think this is going to open this year...
I'd be very surprised if it opens in 2011
ARGUS
Civic Leader

« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2010, 10:36:47 am »

Not a hater but....I do not have confidence of the developers on this project. I dont think it should be Blue Rose either. Great location, let's get it moving! Thus far: FAIL.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2010, 10:33:15 am »

I've heard some rumbling on this.  I think their might be a new developer involved.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org