A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 09:22:25 pm
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Rose wins Rivers Edge Location...  (Read 105277 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #90 on: July 07, 2010, 10:53:33 am »

I've heard some rumbling on this.  I think their might be a new developer involved.

Not to be Blue Rose?
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #91 on: July 07, 2010, 10:56:12 am »

The name used was Blue Rose.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
tulsamatt
Activist

« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2010, 08:40:11 am »

Looks like work is getting started, they have orange construction fencing going up around the site and have moved in a large dumpster...

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2010, 09:58:43 am »

Looks like work is getting started, they have orange construction fencing going up around the site and have moved in a large dumpster...

Sounds just like when they ran off tent city down by the river.
waterboy
« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2010, 12:02:44 pm »

I noticed last nite that they had cut down the trees in that area, put up their Crossland sign, complete with artist's rendering and appear to be ready to start something.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #95 on: July 08, 2010, 12:50:51 pm »

I noticed last nite that they had cut down the trees in that area, put up their Crossland sign, complete with artist's rendering and appear to be ready to start something.

That is a good sign.  I walked by with my wife, who is not from Tulsa and is slowly getting to know the city, a few weeks ago.  She wondered why there weren't more places like River's Edge/Elwood's by the river in midtown.  This will be a nice draw, and maybe someday there can be something similar on the west bank with the great skyline view. 

dsjeffries
« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2010, 01:48:08 pm »

That is a good sign.  I walked by with my wife, who is not from Tulsa and is slowly getting to know the city, a few weeks ago.  She wondered why there weren't more places like River's Edge/Elwood's by the river in midtown.  This will be a nice draw, and maybe someday there can be something similar on the west bank with the great skyline view. 

We'd have that if the River Vote had passed. Tulsa Landing would have been well under construction by now...  Undecided
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #97 on: July 08, 2010, 02:07:36 pm »

We'd have that if the River Vote had passed. Tulsa Landing would have been well under construction by now...  Undecided

The islands thing?

dsjeffries
« Reply #98 on: July 08, 2010, 02:12:05 pm »

No, not the islands thing. The River vote thing.

The fact that people still get the two projects confused tells a lot about why a lot of people voted it down (at least in the 'burbs). I've talked to dozens of people who have said they're glad "those islands in the river" got voted down.

That was never up for a vote, but because of the media attention it got, people associated it with the ballot initiative, the $150mm Kaiser donation and the Tulsa Landing project.

Tulsa Landing was proposed by the developer of the Branson Landing. It would've been great.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #99 on: July 08, 2010, 02:15:19 pm »

Tulsa Landing was proposed by the developer of the Branson Landing. It would've been great.

Agreed, the confusion with the islands killed it.

Oh well, maybe once Blue Rose is up and running a developer will come in and pester the city for a TIF and build on the other side.

Don't rip me about the TIF...you know that's how we do things 'round these parts.
dsjeffries
« Reply #100 on: July 08, 2010, 02:20:07 pm »

Oh well, maybe once Blue Rose is up and running a developer will come in and pester the city for a TIF and build on the other side.

Don't rip me about the TIF...you know that's how we do things 'round these parts.

Hey, they work. Tulsa Hills would be here without it.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2010, 02:27:06 pm »

Hopefully the next Vision proposal in 2016 (when the current tax needs to be renewed) includes a slew of river projects.  With the new Kaiser-funded trails/park improvements and planned extensions, the QT park, new I-244 bridges, and low water dams in Sand Springs and Jenks along with improvements to the one at Zink Lake funded with V2025 there will be more momentum, IMO, for the once skeptical public to accept new river projects.  And hopefully no Islands or similar proposal comes out right before the vote confusing people.  

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2010, 02:32:42 pm »

Someone's already looking at the other side and you wouldn't believe who it is, or what's to be proposed.  Not public knowledge yet, and I don't want to share what I hope is just rumor.

dsjeffries
« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2010, 02:35:22 pm »

Someone's already looking at the other side and you wouldn't believe who it is, or what's to be proposed.  Not public knowledge yet, and I don't want to share what I hope is just rumor.

If you're hoping it's a rumor, that scares me.

And it makes me think it's Wal-Mart or something like it, because that would be one of the worst possible uses for the site.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 02:37:37 pm by dsjeffries » Logged
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2010, 02:41:04 pm »

Someone's already looking at the other side and you wouldn't believe who it is, or what's to be proposed.  Not public knowledge yet, and I don't want to share what I hope is just rumor.

Hmm...Bell's?   Wink

The Mid-Con Plant is the key to redevelopment of the west bank.  That and getting rid of the Sec 8 apartments along Jackson. 

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org