A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 11:24:59 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marshall's Old Pavilion Underrated - Where to Buy  (Read 5667 times)
brianh
« on: April 27, 2009, 11:04:06 am »

I really liked Old Pavilion Pilsner when it first came out.  I was drinking this for a while at McNellies, for whatever reason they stopped carrying it.  What locations around town(preferably downtown or midtown) still carry this beer?  Also has anyone seen the 12oz bottles in stores yet and if so do they also have that colored wax all over them?
MarshallBrewing
Citizen

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 11:14:22 am »

I think the Pilsner is underrated too, thanks for the complement.  You can find it on at Joe Mama's along with our Marzen Lager.  Also, Soundpony and Empire have it on tap as well and I believe those are the only places in those areas that have it on tap.  As far as 12oz. bottles hopefully end of May and they will not have wax tops.
brianh
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 11:19:55 am »

That is great to hear, thanks.  Is the Marzen Lager the same thing as your Oktoberfest?  I missed out on that one initially and really wanted to give that a try.
MarshallBrewing
Citizen

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 10:29:46 am »

Basically the same, but better!  It has had a longer maturation time in the tanks and it is delicious!
Gold
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 11:04:00 am »

Love your beer!  Thanks so much for bringing it to Tulsa!
OpenYourEyesTulsa
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 11:13:08 am »

I love Marshall's.  It is worth every penny.  I want to take a tour of the place sometime.  I missed it when TYPros went.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 12:23:49 pm »

Is that your brewery at 6th & Wheeling?  Ever thought about opening up a brewpub in Blue Dome or Cherry Street?

Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 09:03:38 am »

http://twitter.com/MarshallBrewing/status/1649131443

http://twitpic.com/47o2s
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 09:23:28 am »

and the "oo's and ah's" start a flowin'
brianh
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 12:07:15 pm »

Sweet, the Old Pavilion is definitely getting a sixer!  I had the Marzen and Pavilion at Joe Mamas.  I think the Marzen is my new favorite.  But Pavilion is a close second.
DrinkLocalBrews
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2009, 08:53:35 pm »

Is that your brewery at 6th & Wheeling?  Ever thought about opening up a brewpub in Blue Dome or Cherry Street?

We have had some brewpubs in Tulsa. One handicap is that Oklahoma Law only allows for brewpubs to brew/serve beer that is at most 3.2% Alcohol By Volume. As you know Marshall Brewing Co. makes strong point beer.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2009, 08:31:59 pm »

We have had some brewpubs in Tulsa. One handicap is that Oklahoma Law only allows for brewpubs to brew/serve beer that is at most 3.2% Alcohol By Volume. As you know Marshall Brewing Co. makes strong point beer.

Damn, any movement to getting this changed to aid Oklahoma's microbreweries?  I know the Oklahoma vineyards banded together to get the state question regarding local wine sales in grocery stores on the ballot a few years ago, anything like that for the microbrews?  The only ones I'm familiar with are Coach's in Norman and the new Coop in Oklahoma City. 

OpenYourEyesTulsa
Civic Leader

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 07:15:27 am »

From what I heard the big companies like Bud, etc want to keep low point beer because they already have the infrastructure for it.  Someone other than the big beer companies is going to need to push for this with a petition to get this on the ballot.

We also need to be able to buy wine and liquor in grocery stores and the hours need to be changed so we can buy after 9pm and on Sundays.  We need to end the liquor store monopoly.
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 07:41:00 am »

Damn, any movement to getting this changed to aid Oklahoma's microbreweries?  I know the Oklahoma vineyards banded together to get the state question regarding local wine sales in grocery stores on the ballot a few years ago, anything like that for the microbrews?  The only ones I'm familiar with are Coach's in Norman and the new Coop in Oklahoma City. 

Coach's, I believe, is also a brewpub. The only strongpoint breweries in Oklahoma that I am aware of are Marshall's, Coop Ale Works and Choc. In additional to Coach's, Bricktown Brewery is another brewpub in OKC.

Looking around the interweb, there are apparently others. Check out http://beeradvocate.com/beerfly/directory/9/US/OK

We also need to be able to buy wine and liquor in grocery stores and the hours need to be changed so we can buy after 9pm and on Sundays.  We need to end the liquor store monopoly.

Unfortunately, not only would that end the liquor store monopoly, it would pretty much put them out of business completely.
BierGarten
Activist

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 09:59:46 am »

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/oklahomans-for-sales-of-brewpub-strong-beer

Oklahomans for Sales of Brewpub Strong Beer

Oklahoma is failing to take advantage of one of the fastest growing markets in the United States, the craft brewing industry.

A major cause of this are the antiquated beer laws that exist in the state. One of these laws refers to the sale of microbrewed beer that is sold on premises in Brewpubs.  Currently in the state of Oklahoma, brewpubs cannot sell beer they brew that is stronger than 3.2, even though they are allowed to sell other strong beers that are purchased through a wholesale distributor.  In order for a brewpub to sell stronger than 3.2 beer that they produce is to sell it to a wholesaler, in effect selling their product to a middleman and then buying it back.  This make it economically unfeasible and puts the money in the pockets of wholesalers that don't even touch the product as it never leaves the brewpub premises.

It is an antiquated and unjust law.  Currently visitors going to Oklahoma wineries are allowed to buy wine directly from the winery.  Brewpubs should be allowed this same courtesy.

Brewpubs are growing across the country at a amazing rate.  They generate a unique presence that draws customers interested in fine beers and food.  Oklahoma is losing out on a great potential for tourism and revenue.  Look at Colorado and Oregon.   The brewing industry in those states are a testament to what could be done in Oklahoma, if only the laws were fair and allowed them to sell beer that meets the desires of beer connoisseurs.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org