A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 05:55:25 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Relocating to Tulsa  (Read 15374 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2009, 06:06:15 pm »

I'd say add 20 minutes each way.  The freeways should be alright, but the surface street in that area are packed.

Nope, 169 will be backed up quite a ways in the morning due to the overpass rehab they're doing at Mingo & I-244.  That flyover ramp backs down to about 21st (before you get to I-44) in the morning.  You might be better served to head east on 21st out to 193rd and then north there.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
ericwbolin
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2009, 06:43:56 pm »

Yeah, it's not the most quiet part of town. But the condos around there are too good to pass up. And they're off the road a bit and gated, so that helps. I know the traffic will be a bear, but I lived in Denver two years ago, and can't imagine it's much worse than that. Still, a timetable would be good know. Thanks for the ideas.

Also, a bit off-topic, but still has to do with relocating, I guess: Do you all know of any parks or recreation areas where people play pick-up soccer or volleyball games? I've looked online and found this...http://www.neoasa.org/

But the season will be about half-over by the time I arrive and I'm looking for something a bit more recreational for the time being anyway.

Sorry if I'm being "that guy" on here. You guys have been great help. Thanks again!
Michael71
Civic Leader

« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2009, 02:14:45 pm »

STAY AWAY FROM PERRY PROPERTIES!!!  Prices are cheap & some buildings look cool from the outside(or at least they used to)...but, he's a slumlord

--------------------------
"Why be part of the 'brain drain' that gets sucked out of Tulsa...The opportunity IS there, you just gotta make it!!"--Eric Marshall
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2009, 02:22:14 pm »

STAY AWAY FROM PERRY PROPERTIES!!!  Prices are cheap & some buildings look cool from the outside(or at least they used to)...but, he's a slumlord

You aren't the guy who has protested outside Perry's office before, are you?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Michael71
Civic Leader

« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2009, 08:27:57 am »

You aren't the guy who has protested outside Perry's office before, are you?

No...but I've seen them on several different occasions.  Lived in one of his properties years ago, & on two different occasions our water was shut off b'cuz he didn't pay bill.

--------------------------
"Why be part of the 'brain drain' that gets sucked out of Tulsa...The opportunity IS there, you just gotta make it!!"--Eric Marshall
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2009, 08:46:42 am »

No...but I've seen them on several different occasions.  Lived in one of his properties years ago, & on two different occasions our water was shut off b'cuz he didn't pay bill.

Where are these properties? I want to advise folks to stay away.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
buckeye
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2009, 09:14:04 am »

I've heard bad things about Perry properties from a couple people as well.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2009, 10:11:52 am »

There are sites on the internet that rate apartments, the residents can post their own ratings about a complex. I don't know how helpful those sites really are. It's also intresting to read comments about a complex.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
OUGrad05
Civic Leader

« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2009, 03:43:22 pm »

Owasso and Jenks are my two favorite suburbs.  BA isn't bad.

Tulsa brookside and the utica area are very nice as is far south Tulsa.

This is a pretty good place to live, sure it has its drawbacks but overall its good. 

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2009, 04:28:09 pm »

I always like west Tulsa, across the river blue, it has an old time charm and is not as crowded with malls, stores and traffic. West Tulsa at one time had a major employer called "RiverSide Industries" and they coated metals for electrical transmission towers, this was around 1978 I dunno if they are still in bussiness or not, of if the company moved, I can't find nothing on them thru google. They were a good company to work for.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2009, 04:48:10 pm »

I always like west Tulsa, across the river blue, it has an old time charm and is not as crowded with malls, stores and traffic. West Tulsa at one time had a major employer called "RiverSide Industries" and they coated metals for electrical transmission towers, this was around 1978 I dunno if they are still in bussiness or not, of if the company moved, I can't find nothing on them thru google. They were a good company to work for.

Haven't been lately, I see.  71st at US 75 is not pretty these days.  Oh, that's right, you don't live here....

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?articleID=20080215_5_e1_world38233

And the traffic?  Try crossing the bridge from West Tulsa (21st from Chandler Park) over US75 at 5pm to get on the highway and tell me that traffic ain't bad.  I've done it twice in a week and it ain't pretty.  The traffic by the mall I referenced above is not fun either.  It's not Woodland Hills, but it's starting to get heavier.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2009, 07:28:00 pm »

I always like west Tulsa, across the river blue,
Wrong river. Ours is brown.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
joiei
City Father

« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2009, 09:08:54 pm »

Haven't been lately, I see.  71st at US 75 is not pretty these days.  Oh, that's right, you don't live here....

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?articleID=20080215_5_e1_world38233

And the traffic?  Try crossing the bridge from West Tulsa (21st from Chandler Park) over US75 at 5pm to get on the highway and tell me that traffic ain't bad.  I've done it twice in a week and it ain't pretty.  The traffic by the mall I referenced above is not fun either.  It's not Woodland Hills, but it's starting to get heavier.
remember saurkraut lives in a fancified world.  He does not live here.  He has no idea of driving around Tulsa on a daily basis.  He only passes through on rare occasions.   Where you talk about I avoid if I can because of the traffic.  I try to not go south of I-44 because getting past that great wall is a major headache almost anytime of day.  Yale is the only place where I don't have to wait for two or three red lights just to get beyond the interstate.  Some days I think it would be faster to go over the river to 75 and down to 71st just to get to Heberts than to try to go straight down Lewis. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Cherish
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2009, 12:51:15 am »

South Tulsa conversely is generally White and Republican, WITH VERY LOW CRIME, BETTER SCHOOLS, LESS TRAFFIC CONGESTION, BETTER SHOPPING, AND, MOST IMPORTANTLY, YOU COULD WIND UP LIVING NEAR ME.

You can get to Catoosa via the Creek Turnpike.

LOL well I hope you guys don't mine the addition of a black, liberal female to south tulsa  Grin
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2009, 02:14:18 am »

LOL well I hope you guys don't mine the addition of a black, liberal female to south tulsa  Grin

Welcome to Tulsa!!! Or rather welcome to Tulsa when you make it here!!

Thank you,
Robert Town
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org