A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 01:30:10 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa's Mayor  (Read 31115 times)
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« on: May 01, 2009, 02:39:08 pm »

Any thoughts here about Tulsa's Mayor and her big cut-backs of the police force and other lay-offs? Kathy has many high paid workers on her staff that she won't lay-off, or even cut their pay. I'm surprised no one mentioned this mess. Huh

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 03:54:50 pm »

Are you talking about with the most recent budget that she just submitted or since the beginning of her term? Cause I thought that this budget was maintaining current staffing with police/fire.

I'd love to see an org chart of her office.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 05:23:18 pm »

I always hear the KFAQ line that she has all these high paid advisers but never any detailed info. I wonder if they are counting people like Crowley.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 06:17:53 pm »

Any thoughts here about Tulsa's Mayor and her big cut-backs of the police force and other lay-offs? Kathy has many high paid workers on her staff that she won't lay-off, or even cut their pay. I'm surprised no one mentioned this mess. Huh

Why should it matter to someone who doesn't live here?  Worry about Omaha/Columbus/wherever....sheesh.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 09:59:42 am »

I always hear the KFAQ line that she has all these high paid advisers but never any detailed info. I wonder if they are counting people like Crowley.
Both KFAQ and KRMG have too many commericals if you ask me. That's all money they are raking in.. Lips sealed

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 11:18:20 am »

"You are not allowed to give negative reputation to this user! "

Well that's a hoot
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 05:29:14 pm »

As I recall, the mayor works for free, which allows her to hire additional staff from the money that was budgeted for the mayor's salary.

How many hours a week does she put in for free?  I'm guessing around 80-100.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 07:44:16 pm »

Everyone is talking about the high paid consultants the mayor has on payroll.  Since it is a public position, the names and positions should be given.  If you have names and positions put them on the table.  Otherwise your just spouting unknown sources with no real and positive information.  Hearsay is just that, gossip.  Until you can name names and give $ amounts, then you are no better than Fox News with its smearing of someone with no real proof,  speculation is just a bunch of dudes comparing penis sizes.  They are all liars. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 06:49:51 am »

As I recall, the mayor works for free, which allows her to hire additional staff from the money that was budgeted for the mayor's salary.

The mayor working 80-100 hours a week? If she works 6 days a week, she would have to work 13.3-16.6 hours a day.  I don't think the mayor works that much.  I would say at most 12-13 hours a day 5 days a week.  You also have to account for all the time she takes our for "luncheons", ribbon cutting ceremonies, etc etc.

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
waterboy
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 07:13:22 am »

Anyone who has ever been in a responsible position like that knows you don't punch in/out. You are Mayor 24/7. That includes luncheons, ribbon cuttings, even breakfast in public. You seldom get a break. 7am to 11pm is more likely which makes 80-100 hours a week a believable number. The only time truly off clock is in the restroom.

I spent that much as director of advertising for a small newspaper and certainly as a small business owner.
TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 07:38:57 am »

Anyone who has ever been in a responsible position like that knows you don't punch in/out. You are Mayor 24/7. That includes luncheons, ribbon cuttings, even breakfast in public. You seldom get a break. 7am to 11pm is more likely which makes 80-100 hours a week a believable number. The only time truly off clock is in the restroom.

I spent that much as director of advertising for a small newspaper and certainly as a small business owner.

So I guess it safe to say that I work 70-80 hours a week as well if you include lunch breaks, drive time to and from work and every other little petty thing I do between the time I leave my house and the time I pull into the driveway.

Don't get me wrong, the mayor is a public figure and must make alot of public appearances.  However, I hardly classify dinner functions, pancake breafasts with local leaders, luncheons with young professionals and ribbon cutting ceremonies as actual "work".

"You cant solve Stupid." 
waterboy
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 08:34:35 am »

So I guess it safe to say that I work 70-80 hours a week as well if you include lunch breaks, drive time to and from work and every other little petty thing I do between the time I leave my house and the time I pull into the driveway.

Don't get me wrong, the mayor is a public figure and must make alot of public appearances.  However, I hardly classify dinner functions, pancake breafasts with local leaders, luncheons with young professionals and ribbon cutting ceremonies as actual "work".

If you are responsible for operating a large capital investment for others and report to the board, then yes, you may count your lunch breaks, drive time and every other petty little thing. You better if you want to be successful at the position. A position like that is "at work" or thinking about work nearly every waking minute of the day. If you're lucky, you don't dream about it as well. You have a luncheon with a young professional at a ribbon cutting and have to watch every single word you utter and every move you make because it may make it onto a blog, a forum or the press where it is dissected, probably misquoted and analyzed for meaning. Then you go back to the office for your everyday activities. That is one reason why executives get paid so much and why they have higher than average personal problems. They are selling their personal time and space.
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2009, 09:06:07 am »

Your correct she's a free-Bee worker without a paycheck, and she under her limit for hiring. She is allowed to hire 16 workers and she only hired 12. So even if she goes thru with this new hire she will be still under the limit of workers allowed to her and will be still good to go. The timing is bad and it does not look good and she sets a poor example if she hires that new person, but she can do it and stay legal. Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 09:08:58 am by sauerkraut » Logged

ILUVTulsa
Activist

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2009, 10:46:58 am »

If she's working for free, how does she pay for food, clothing, and shelter?  And, if she's on someone's dole, who is claiming her as a dependent on his 1040?

TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2009, 11:17:07 am »

If she's working for free, how does she pay for food, clothing, and shelter?  And, if she's on someone's dole, who is claiming her as a dependent on his 1040?

I hope you are being sarcastic!!...if not, you must not know who her husband is.
They have a lear jet out at US Aviation at TIA, her husband drives a new Bentley something or other and have a beautiful house located in midtown.  I don't think they are hurting for money.

He is/was the CEO of Alamo and National car rental under the company vanguard automotive group until they were bought by enterprise in 2007 (if I remember correctly).

I am not for sure what he is upto these days. 

"You cant solve Stupid." 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org