A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 01:18:41 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa's Mayor  (Read 31088 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2009, 11:22:39 am »

If she's working for free, how does she pay for food, clothing, and shelter?  And, if she's on someone's dole, who is claiming her as a dependent on his 1040?

Her and her husband invested in the travel market when it was worth investing in. They won't go hungry anytime soon.
ILUVTulsa
Activist

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2009, 09:18:33 am »

Her and her husband invested in the travel market when it was worth investing in. They won't go hungry anytime soon.

Which state do they file their income tax?  Travel market ----> Vanguard ----> Chrysler.  Following the money trail.

tnt091605
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2009, 11:08:40 am »

As I recall, the mayor works for free, which allows her to hire additional staff from the money that was budgeted for the mayor's salary.

How many hours a week does she put in for free?  I'm guessing around 80-100.

She might not take money but she does not work for free.  She is all about ego.  And believe me the City pays for hers!
buckeye
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2009, 12:10:12 pm »

2811 South Columbia?  The $8.12 MILLION estate with seven tennis courts?
waterboy
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2009, 12:39:17 pm »

I didn't see any tennis courts when I was there. Hard to believe there was 8 million worth of home there, but what do I know.
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2009, 12:47:37 pm »

2811 South Columbia?  The $8.12 MILLION estate with seven tennis courts?

Ok, 7 Tennis courts even got me to look and I believe what you are seeing (via Google Earth anyway) is the Tulsa Tennis Club (but I'm not certain, not really my neighborhood).  I suggest you look one house to the South from the 7 courts (looks like a big fence between them too) ... and from what I have seen $8.12 is LOW it is an amayzing building!  

Q:  Is it just me that thinks we need a rule that if your going to bash someone for opulence that they at least be accurate!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 07:26:31 am by Vision 2025 » Logged

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2009, 02:26:58 pm »

Come on Vision man...you expect truth to get inserted in a hate rant?

She lives three blocks from the previous Mayor who also owns a way bigger than normal house. I never heard anyone talk about his big house.

Power is nothing till you use it.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2009, 02:39:01 pm »

for the record, it makes me mad that the mayor has a big house... only because I want one too....
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2009, 02:53:28 pm »

for the record, it makes me mad that the mayor has a big house... only because I want one too....

Yeah, but then you have to clean it. Of course, if you can afford a house that large, you can probably afford some cleaning help. LOL

---Robert
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2009, 03:07:56 pm »

Yeah, well, I heard she eats babies in that mansion.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2009, 03:19:05 pm »

Oh no, the mayor's rich. Get the pitch forks.

Perhaps Tulsa needs a homeless mayor. 

I'm voting for the first homeless person that will run.  The people of Tulsa deserve someone that no one will envy.  Someone who will bring down our expectations.

Heaven forbid we have a successful experienced person in a leadership role.  I'm looking for a resume with some bank defaults, foreclosures, and perhaps an alcohol or sex addiction.  I want someone who will steal toilet paper from city hall, and sleep in doorways.

Mayor Taylor is simply too clean.

I want a mayor that bums cigarettes and has little use for deodorant.  Someone who is fascinated by shiny objects, and thinks that the non-stick surface on her cookware gives off fumes that allow aliens to read her thoughts.

I think it's time for a mayor that wants CHANGE. 

SPARE CHANGE!

(sarcasm)  Wink

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2009, 03:20:37 pm »

Yeah, but then you have to clean it. Of course, if you can afford a house that large, you can probably afford some cleaning help. LOL

That's what I'm always saying when I tell people I want a 20 room house.
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2009, 08:08:13 pm »

Come on Vision man...you expect truth to get inserted in a hate rant?

She lives three blocks from the previous Mayor who also owns a way bigger than normal house. I never heard anyone talk about his big house.

His house is no doubt bigger than average.  But it is not in any way comparable to the current mayor's house.  Nobody ever talked about his house because it is a completely non-extraordinary, upper-middle class house.  Nothing at all to talk about.  Mayor Taylor's on the other hand is truly extraordinary and noteworthy.  I have been in it and, while there are NOT seven tennis courts, personally, I think it borders on obscene, but, whatever...  (Note, I am not in any way criticizing her for being rich or for having that house, which she says is entirely her husband's baby.)

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2009, 09:12:41 pm »

I am not for sure what he is upto these days. 

Whatever he d-mn well wants to.
Wilbur
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2009, 06:32:34 am »

Which state do they file their income tax?  Travel market ----> Vanguard ----> Chrysler.  Following the money trail.
I've always been curious about that too.  I've wondered if the real reason she takes no salary is so she can claim no income in Oklahoma, which then you don't have to claim to be a resident, which means you can file taxes in another state, like, say, Florida, where there is no personal income tax.  It might be cheaper for them to bypass her salary in order to claim residence in Florida.

But, if she's a resident of Florida for income tax purposes, then how can she be Mayor?  Wouldn't you need to be a resident of Tulsa?

I'm not saying any of this is happening, but, I've always wondered.  Uhmmmmmmm .........

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org