A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 02:34:43 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OKC Pharmacist Defends Self, Gets Called Racist  (Read 35932 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: May 23, 2009, 10:37:36 am »

Another waste of sperm gets wiped out while committing a robbery. To some, of course the bad guy is the one defending himself:

http://newsok.com/feed/man-has-no-regrets-defending-oklahoma-city-pharmacy/article/3371710?custom_click=pod_headline_news

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 12:04:07 pm »

I'm sorry but if you shoot at me I plan on shooting you right back, regardless of color.
mr.jaynes
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 01:22:46 pm »

Since when is self-defense a matter of racism anyway?
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 02:13:02 pm »

I think the robbers were committing a hate crime when they decided to rob a white-operated business,

mr.jaynes
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 04:06:33 pm »

I think the robbers were committing a hate crime when they decided to rob a white-operated business,

See, there seems to be a double standard. It is as if white people are the only ones who have bigoted tendencies or racist attitudes. But, it's different when black people express their disdain towards white people.
okcpulse
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 06:39:53 pm »

See, there seems to be a double standard. It is as if white people are the only ones who have bigoted tendencies or racist attitudes. But, it's different when black people express their disdain towards white people.

Evidence that America is two-faced.  If I become president, I will force everyone regardless of ethnic group to have the entire color palette tattooed all over their body.  Only then can people stop bitching about color and racism.

mr.jaynes
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 07:22:15 pm »

Evidence that America is two-faced.  If I become president, I will force everyone regardless of ethnic group to have the entire color palette tattooed all over their body.  Only then can people stop bitching about color and racism.

Well, let's see, maybe you could start with something like BET or Comedy Central with some of the black comics featured; all I hear is "white people this, white people that," and it does tend to be somewhat disdainful toward white people. But do you think a white comic could get the airtime to sound off on perceived idiosyncrasies and flaws of the black community? Not a chance. Not saying I advocate racial humor, but there does seem to be a double standard.....
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 09:48:27 am »

I've always wondered how fast I would get shut down if I started WET, White Entertainment Television.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 10:01:10 am »

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 11:53:19 am »

Every job has some risk associated with it.  If you are an armed robber, you have to accept the risk that you may be shot or killed. Don't like the risk?  Find another profession.

mr.jaynes
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 12:46:27 pm »

As long as this does not go further than a police inquiry. Personally, I think it was a justifiable shooting, but I would hate to see it go to the kind of hysteria generated over Bernhard Goetz in 1985 (who I also think was justified).
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 08:28:14 am »

Assuming the pharmacist is telling the truth, good for him.  If you approach me with a weapon intending to either harm me or use the threat of harm to get something from me - then it is fair play for me to use force to stop the harm or threat of harm.  In this instance, the threat was deadly and the response was deadly.  It's just too bad the other one(s) got away.

And unless he shot the guy because he was black, I really don't see how this has anything at all to do with race.  "Man coming at me with a gun saying he is going to kill me.  Cool.  Wait a minute, it's a BLACK MAN coming at me with a gun saying he is going to kill me."   I'm doubting race was a factor here and don't see any indication that it was.  White, black, tan, yellow, red, albino . . . is any of that relevant?  It shouldn't be and it doesn't appear it was.

And the fact that he was 16 is also not relevant.  Person with ski mask on and a firearm threatening to kill you with the ability and appearance of being serious about it.  First, armed robbery is an adult act.  Second, I wonder if the guy even registered the age before being forced to act.  And third, so what?  It doesn't really effect the result if you are shot by a 16 year old or a 40 year old.

I hope the police investigate the story of course.  There may be an issue when he empties the gun into the person's chest (if he no longer posed a threat),  but he is probably within his rights.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 01:08:48 pm »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=298&articleid=20090527_298_0_OKLAHO764741

Oklahoma City pharmacist charged with murder in teen's death

By Associated Press
Published: 5/27/2009  1:39 PM
Last Modified: 5/27/2009  1:39 PM

OKLAHOMA CITY — An Oklahoma City pharmacist who shot and killed a 16-year-old would-be robber was charged today with first-degree murder.

An affidavit says 57-year-old Jerome Ersland shot Antwun Parker on May 19 while Parker was incapacitated and lying on his back.

Ersland has said he opened fire in self-defense.

Parker was shot once in the head and five times in the stomach area. An autopsy determined Parker was still alive after being shot in the head.

Ersland says two people in ski masks threatened him and two other employees at Reliable Discount Pharmacy and because he's disabled he couldn't run. Ersland says he took a pistol from his pocket and shot Parker in the head — then shot him five more times as the teenager tried to get up.

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 01:38:05 pm »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=298&articleid=20090527_298_0_OKLAHO764741

Oklahoma City pharmacist charged with murder in teen's death

By Associated Press
Published: 5/27/2009  1:39 PM
Last Modified: 5/27/2009  1:39 PM

OKLAHOMA CITY — An Oklahoma City pharmacist who shot and killed a 16-year-old would-be robber was charged today with first-degree murder.

An affidavit says 57-year-old Jerome Ersland shot Antwun Parker on May 19 while Parker was incapacitated and lying on his back.

Ersland has said he opened fire in self-defense.

Parker was shot once in the head and five times in the stomach area. An autopsy determined Parker was still alive after being shot in the head.

Ersland says two people in ski masks threatened him and two other employees at Reliable Discount Pharmacy and because he's disabled he couldn't run. Ersland says he took a pistol from his pocket and shot Parker in the head — then shot him five more times as the teenager tried to get up.

WTH? Good luck getting a jury to convict this VICTIM of a violent crime.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 01:47:39 pm »

First Degree? For killing someone who came to HIM?

Some prosecutor is trying to make a name for himself.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org