A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 11:27:29 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Itialian resturant at that strip @ 61st and Lewis back in the '90s.  (Read 4532 times)
Mike 01Hawk
Civic Leader

Peace be with you

« on: June 03, 2009, 09:09:22 am »

Back in the early 90s IIRC my mom and I went to this really dark and quaint (lattice work with vines growing over it) Italian place.  I wanna say that you either got your own salad or your own sauce, there was something that you could do yourself. 

Anyway, I remember as a kid that it was a very nice place.  Anyone remember the name of it and how was the food?

Oh and what is the name of that strip, it's the white/brown english looking strip.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 09:18:39 am »

Back in the early 90s IIRC my mom and I went to this really dark and quaint (lattice work with vines growing over it) Italian place.  I wanna say that you either got your own salad or your own sauce, there was something that you could do yourself. 

Anyway, I remember as a kid that it was a very nice place.  Anyone remember the name of it and how was the food?

Oh and what is the name of that strip, it's the white/brown english looking strip.

Not sure on the Italian place but I believe you're talking about London Square shopping center.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 09:20:26 am »

Was London Square where Italian Inn was?

I think Mondo's moved from 61st & Peoria and resided in the center where Sidelines is until they moved one last time to FAIL at 68th & Memorial.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 09:38:18 am »

Was London Square where Italian Inn was?

I think Mondo's moved from 61st & Peoria and resided in the center where Sidelines is until they moved one last time to FAIL at 68th & Memorial.

Mondo's moved to the space where Cardigan's is now. Sideline was Ma Bell's
dbacks fan
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 09:50:24 am »

Are you talking about the strip center that is next to I think Joe Creek? I think thats' where Mondos was in the old My Pi spot on the west side of Lewis.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 09:59:31 am »

That would be Mondo's for sure.  One of my favorite Italian places right before I got married.  I can remember taking my then future mother in law and my then future wife to dinner there when my mother in law was visiting from Wyoming.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 10:01:43 am »

We got the Mondo's thing, but the OP was asking about the Italian joint in London Square.  Was that the Italian Inn?  I'd long forgotten about that one.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Mike 01Hawk
Civic Leader

Peace be with you

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 10:04:33 am »

Italian Inn rings a bell.. hmm
dbacks fan
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 10:12:12 am »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=81&articleid=061101_Co_zs9_Forme52&allcom=1#
Mike 01Hawk
Civic Leader

Peace be with you

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 12:06:54 pm »

Awesome.. yup, that's the place!!! TY!!!
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 08:19:25 am »

I used to live next to the owner of Mondo's.  He had big parties in his backyard and parked his vintage Porsche in the circle driveway. 

mobboss
Activist

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 08:23:35 pm »

Italian Inn!, it was THE place to take prom dates and stuff like that...it was an old world italian joint huh. miss em like that.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 08:43:35 pm »

Italian Inn!, it was THE place to take prom dates and stuff like that...it was an old world italian joint huh. miss em like that.

I don't know; I remember back in the mid 80s the place to take prom dates was Molly Murphy's.  We all know what that turned into.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dbacks fan
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 10:37:04 am »

I don't know; I remember back in the mid 80s the place to take prom dates was Molly Murphy's.  We all know what that turned into.

Just as long as you did not ask where the restroom was.
Michael71
Civic Leader

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 03:10:32 pm »

The Fountains was big for high schoolers in the 90's

--------------------------
"Why be part of the 'brain drain' that gets sucked out of Tulsa...The opportunity IS there, you just gotta make it!!"--Eric Marshall
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org