A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:30:30 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it actually possible to contact OTA by phone?  (Read 3995 times)
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« on: June 04, 2009, 01:20:12 pm »

The other day, I got a nice violation notice in the mail from OTA. Apparently my Pikepass didn't get read.

Anyway, I've been trying to call them for days now and the enforcement bureau number is always busy. I'm about to set my VoIP server to start sending calls their way as fast as it possibly can (about 300 calls per second) and call me when they finally answer. :p

Surely there's a better way.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 01:26:05 pm »

Ha!  Clearly you don't have much experience contacted State agencies.  Some of them don't even have web pages or listed numbers.  Try just stopping by one of their offices if you must, but at some point I got them on the phone (don't recall why or how).

WAIT

They have suspended collection on pike passes because of the new license plates.  It screwed so many people up and issued something like 8 times the normal number of tickets.  Google it in "news" and you'll come up with tons of stuff on it.

http://krmg.com/localnews/2009/06/turnpike-authority-to-stop-aut.html

Didn't read close enough to see what the remedy was.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 01:27:48 pm by cannon_fodder » Logged

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 01:52:35 pm »

In the notice you got, mail it back with a note including your pikepass number and they will fix it.

In writing is always best in financial matters.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 01:55:38 pm »

In the notice you got, mail it back with a note including your pikepass number and they will fix it.

In writing is always best in financial matters.
That would be great if I hadn't gotten it two days ago and the deadline wasn't today. It's amazing how between OTA and the Post Office 21 days can become 3 days. I suppose I should be happy I didn't receive it on a Friday with a deadline of Sunday. :p

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 03:30:02 pm »

I received the same thing.  You can email them as well.  Email them your new tag #, the violation # and your pikepass info to violations@pikepass.com or fax the information to 405-755-8243, or go to www.pikepass.com/violations.  Hopefully that helps.

I emailed them the information (even though I called and updated my tag after receiving 13 $75.00 violations in the mail in 1 day) and apparently they still haven't updated it.  I received another 25 dollar violation via certified mail.  Guess thats where my 65 cents is going, damn.

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 05:03:23 pm »

I received the same thing.  You can email them as well.  Email them your new tag #, the violation # and your pikepass info to violations@pikepass.com or fax the information to 405-755-8243, or go to www.pikepass.com/violations.  Hopefully that helps.

I emailed them the information (even though I called and updated my tag after receiving 13 $75.00 violations in the mail in 1 day) and apparently they still haven't updated it.  I received another 25 dollar violation via certified mail.  Guess thats where my 65 cents is going, damn.

I just cannot fathom how difficult it is to link the old tag number to the new one, since we were mandated by the state to get new tags, and they were charging us an extra $15 just to retain the old one.  They do it in OKC with your driver license.

Someone tanked on this big-time.  Heads should roll at OTA for this monstrous foul-up.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 06:53:32 pm »

Is there a worse tolltag than the pikepass?

Let's see:
Minimal savings over cash customers
Difficult to get (go to a tag agency, but not just any one, then fill out these 72 questions in triplicate, including cup size)
Not compatible with any other states' tolling systems
Terrible, previously nonexistent website

And now this.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 08:31:19 pm »

Keep in mind that if you have a Pikepass it's your responsibility to update OTA with your new tag#
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 08:38:58 pm »

Keep in mind that if you have a Pikepass it's your responsibility to update OTA with your new tag#

Even if Oklahoma mandates the tag change?  I think the state needs to bear some of the responsibility here.  I changed mine, but it should be a fairly simple thing to link the new to the old.  OTA screwed up bigtime.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org