A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 01:18:36 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reggae Fest 2009???  (Read 4576 times)
kylieosu
Civic Leader

« on: June 08, 2009, 09:19:49 am »

I ran across an event created on Facebook that stated that the Reggae Fest/Eco-Expo was taking place this weekend (June 12th), but I can't find any information at ALL online regarding this year's festivities....anybody have the scoop?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 10:09:31 am »

I saw it too but it's the 2008 "one love fest" logo so I'm thinking it's not real.
PepePeru
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 03:06:18 pm »

I and I been in Tulsalon too long.

Stone
Activist

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 03:04:46 pm »

Anybody have any news on this? It had been a really great event with some very good music. I followed Local Hero when I was at OU in the early 90's. Reggae Fest was a good time to catch up with them. It would be a shame if the Fest was'nt a go this year.

FOTD
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 03:48:20 pm »

Anybody have any news on this? It had been a really great event with some very good music. I followed Local Hero when I was at OU in the early 90's. Reggae Fest was a good time to catch up with them. It would be a shame if the Fest was'nt a go this year.

1) There are far too many other entertainers snatching the concert goers stash...
2) Everybody is rung out between the Areema, DFest (OKC promoters), Zoo Amp, etc.
3) Was Hippiefest cancelled last night at the SPAC?

"Oh now, I said, you feel no pain now
One good thing about music, when it hits you you feel no pain
So hit me with music now, oh now, hit me with music now
Hit me with music...." Marley

* 7859680_m.gif (44.46 KB - downloaded 373 times.)
* Marley.jpg (191.15 KB - downloaded 350 times.)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 03:52:02 pm by FOTD » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 03:49:45 pm »

1) There are far too many other entertainers snatching the concert goers stash...
2) Everybody is rung out between the Areema, DFest (OKC promoters), Zoo Amp, etc.
3) Was Hippiefest cancelled last night at the SPAC?

Not to mention Tim Barazza burned about every bridge there was to burn in Tulsa.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rhymnrzn
Activist

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 05:04:19 pm »

I and I been in Tulsalon too long.

In Christ:

Psalms 137
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. (2)  We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. (3)  For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. (4)  How shall we sing the LORD's song in a strange land? (5)  If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning. (6)  If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy. (7)  Remember, O LORD, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof. (8 )  O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us. (9)  Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org