A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 03:29:16 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Q.T. Stores  (Read 8881 times)
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« on: June 08, 2009, 12:39:58 pm »

Gang, I was wondering if anyone had a pick for the most-crowded or busy QT store? It seems like the QT stores are more busy then ever these days, even with fuel at $2.37 a gallon, sometimes all the pumps are taken I never had that problem before. If ya want to make money open up a QT store franchise... Anyhow my pick for the most busy QT store is the one on E. 165th & Admirial (I-44 exit) You can't get in or out of that place. BTW I found a station that sells pure gasoline, the Pyramid store at Harvard & 51st has a fuel station with a sign on the pumps that says it's pure gasoline! Pure gasoline is getting harder & harder to find in & around "T" Towne! Undecided

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 01:06:20 pm »

Gang, I was wondering if anyone had a pick for the most-crowded or busy QT store? It seems like the QT stores are more busy then ever these days, even with fuel at $2.37 a gallon, sometimes all the pumps are taken I never had that problem before. If ya want to make money open up a QT store franchise... Anyhow my pick for the most busy QT store is the one on E. 165th & Admirial (I-44 exit) You can't get in or out of that place. BTW I found a station that sells pure gasoline, the Pyramid store at Harvard & 51st has a fuel station with a sign on the pumps that says it's pure gasoline! Pure gasoline is getting harder & harder to find in & around "T" Towne! Undecided

QT doesn't franchise.

61st and Lewis is always packed, as is 15th and Denver. 

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 01:20:28 pm »

You never had that problem before because you haven't lived here for 20 years.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
kylieosu
Civic Leader

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 01:42:21 pm »

Yes, 15th & Denver is definitely always insane.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 01:51:58 pm »

To add something OT to the subject, my least favorite QT to visit is the one by my work (41st/Garnett).  The Cox trucks hang out there, QT has their maintenance facility right behind it, there's a McDonalds there, two banks, a strip shopping center, a hotel...you get the picture.  It's nuts in the morning there.  I've nearly been hit no less than 10 times in the last 6 months there.  So I quit going to that one and started frequenting the ones at Pine & Mingo and 11th & US169.  Much easier to handle, especially the one up by AA (Pine/Mingo).

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

TheTed
City Father

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 02:03:46 pm »

I remember reading somewhere that the 15th and Denver location did the most business of any QT in Tulsa, and perhaps of any QT anywhere.

brianh
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 02:21:02 pm »

The 15th and Denver location is definitely the busiest location, it also seems to be the headquarters for Tulsa County Public Works.
Wilbur
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 02:38:54 pm »

I've always heard the two truck stop locations are the two busiest, 165th and Admiral and I-44 and 49th West.

The Valore station at 69th & Sheridan also advertises 100% pure gasoline....  and for not that much more expense.  The extra mileage might be worth the extra price.
allspunout
Citizen

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 02:58:14 pm »

:medal

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 03:13:43 pm »

If you want to find a busy QT, why don't you try a location a bit closer to your home? Something in Des Moines maybe? Omaha?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 08:37:40 pm »

If you want to find a busy QT, why don't you try a location a bit closer to your home? Something in Des Moines maybe? Omaha?

Snark, snark, snark....  Grin

tulsascoot
Civic Leader

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 09:08:04 pm »

Pure gasoline = excuse to rip you off

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 11:03:35 pm »

Pure gasoline is getting harder & harder to find in & around "T" Towne! Undecided
Good for our groundwater!

If you hadn't figured it out yet, "pure" gas isn't 100% gasoline (not that it's been pure gasoline any time in our lifetimes!) It also has an oxygenate, just not ethanol. The idiots in our state legislature couldn't figure that out, so only mandated that gasoline with ethanol be labeled as such. The other oxygenate has no such requirement, thus the "pure gas" marketing.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 07:50:11 am »

LOL 100% pure gasoline.  Does that mean 0 detergents or any other additives?  Which additives are considered pure.  Is pure 100% gasoline using 10% MTBE like before?  100% pure mineral water
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2009, 08:11:02 am »

I'm not saying that this location is the most busy. But it is the worst one to get in and out of. B.A. and 145th e Av.
Right next to a busy McDonalds and on a terrible two lane road with just two entrances. Bad design all the way around.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org