A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 03:41:25 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good for Marshall's beer but I'm a little let down by my local bars (mid-town)  (Read 4288 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« on: June 11, 2009, 01:13:55 pm »

An email I recieved today...

June 11, 2009

Dear Friends of Marshall Brewing Co.:

Rooster’s Cocktails has become the first location to carry all five Marshall Brewing Co.  beers on tap. To celebrate this occasion they have organized a promotional event for this coming Friday, June 12th. The Sports Animal with Big Al Jerkins and Coach Pat Jones, will be live on location at Rooster’s from 11:00 am – 2:00pm mixing into their programming interviews with Eric Marshall and Wes Alexander. That evening Rooster’s will host a Meet the Brewer event from 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm and we will giveaway t-shirts and other goodies. If you have not had a chance to try all five beers, Old Pavilion Pilsner, Sundown Wheat, Pub Ale, Atlas IPA, and the limited release Marzen this is your chance. Come on down and support us as we hope to spread the word about Tulsa’s only brewery. Remember to wear your t-shirts!

Rooster’s Cocktails is located at 103rd and Memorial in the SpiritBank Events Center complex.

Cheers,

Marshall Brewing Co.
brianh
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 01:21:20 pm »

Good job Broken Arrow/Bixby, way too far away for me though. I second the need for a midtown location with all five. Old Pavilion is way underrated.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 02:00:02 pm »

Savistano's has all five, but not all five on tap.

Since Savistano's is all of 200' from Rooster's the location is no help to midtowners
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 02:28:19 pm »

Eric, need a ride home?  Sounds like a late night promoting beer.  Wink

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Michael71
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 02:45:21 pm »

I just can't wait for the "sample pack" in the liquor stores...i'm gonna send 'em to all my out-of-town friends.

--------------------------
"Why be part of the 'brain drain' that gets sucked out of Tulsa...The opportunity IS there, you just gotta make it!!"--Eric Marshall
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 03:27:51 pm »

I'm still very disappointed that The Brook doesn't carry any of the Marshall beers. The Brook is locally owned, correct? I'm hoping when Eric gets his 12oz bottles out the door, that the number of bars/restaurants stocking them will skyrocket. Much easier to keep small bottles in stock as opposed to giving up tap space.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 07:02:23 am »

Beer Advocate lists the McNellie's Pub Ale as the #4 English Bitter in the world.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 07:50:47 am »

Beer Advocate lists the McNellie's Pub Ale as the #4 English Bitter in the world.

The Pub Ale really rocks
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 07:54:10 am »

The guy at Collins Mid Town Liquor said the IPA is rated very high in some international beer publication.  Something like 88 out of 100...not a clue about the scoring system, ranking, nor what publication it was.  I'm not surprised, the quality of his products has been outstanding. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
brianh
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 07:59:11 am »

The guy from Tulsa who reviewed Old Pavilion on that beer advocate thing talked it up in the entire review and then gave it a B-. It seems to need more submissions. I don't want to detract from the Pub ale because it is really good, but Atlas and OP seem to be the best all around from everyone I have asked.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 08:13:31 am by brianh » Logged
jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 09:00:59 am »

+1 for the Pub Ale

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 10:28:19 am »

I'm still very disappointed that The Brook doesn't carry any of the Marshall beers. The Brook is locally owned, correct? I'm hoping when Eric gets his 12oz bottles out the door, that the number of bars/restaurants stocking them will skyrocket. Much easier to keep small bottles in stock as opposed to giving up tap space.
I find it interesting that I can get Boulevard or Stella but no Marshall's on tap at the Brook. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 10:58:17 am »

Good job Broken Arrow/Bixby, way too far away for me though. I second the need for a midtown location with all five. Old Pavilion is way underrated.

Hey, it' just across the street (Memorial) from Tulsa.  I can't believe you are going to pass up the opportunity to drive on some of the roads you help pay for.  This area is becomming a development node, although not quite up to the standards Artist has proposed.  Maybe some day it will be connected by light rail to downtown Tulsa.  Smiley

brianh
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2009, 01:51:56 pm »

I went to McNellies today and saw a new two new tap spots for an Oklahoma brewery called Coop. It looks like they are from Oklahoma City. But, Marshall Brewing has a year and a half to two year head start.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2009, 03:06:48 pm »

Eric introduced me to the owner of Coop when they had the beer tasting down there a few weeks back.  Nice guy.  Not a bad product.  I think each of the three Oklahoma breweries can compliment each other.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org