A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 06:17:46 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Treason Against the Planet  (Read 9864 times)
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 08:16:54 pm »

Uses of the individual keys on my keyboard are nearly free, so I don't mind wasting keystrokes. Grin

For Now!
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2009, 08:56:44 pm »

Uses of the individual keys on my keyboard are nearly free, so I don't mind wasting keystrokes. Grin

However, at some very small level it still takes energy to post a comment.  That makes you guilty of wasting energy and contributing to Global Climate Change. Every little bit counts.  Shame on you.
(Me too.)

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2009, 09:03:00 pm »

As I've said on many occasions, it doesn't matter one iota whether the increase in CO2 is caused by man or by natural processes. Either way we need to stop it to ensure our continued relatively comfortable survival. Somehow that concept is beyond the ankle biters.

Nice concept. If the amount caused by man is less than that required to cause problems, how do you expect to control it to a level that will not cause problems?  You may slow the process but not correct it. How much are you willing to pay in terms of life style changes?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2009, 10:09:14 pm »

You should know.

How else do you tame the corporation?

Your lack of understanding of a tax system to solve problems or give incentives derives directly from your rigid ideology.

I understand Draconian tax concepts quite well.  I get what this appears to do.  It appears to provide an incentive for companies to cut emissions and penalize those who won't or can't afford it. 

This is a shameless attempt by the government to veil a tax increase on families, while making it look like they are punishing these awful industrial giants who are melting the ice caps and killing those cute fuzzy polar bears.

It's a pile of sh!t predicated on ideology spawned by shaky science.  I agree we all need to be better stewards of the environment.  What you don't seem to get is this is the latest and greatest chance for governement revenue.  A chance for the government to prop up a whole new industry and enrichen their biggest contributors.

It smells like sh!t because it is sh!t.  This some of the worst, murky legislation we've seen.  So much for all this transparency and no earmarks, and lobbyists being put in their place.  We are all suckers for voting for anyone who returned to DC last time around.  This is an incredibly, boldly foobared up government.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2009, 10:44:40 pm »

How much are you willing to pay in terms of life style changes?
When the alternative is massive depopulation due to food shortages thanks to shifting weather patterns and the mass relocation of billions of humans from low lying areas, quite a lot actually.

I'm saving energy because I don't use a desktop computer or a plasma TV. Wink

The new keyboard will consume some of that energy savings, however.

Edited to add: And this concludes my one thousand one hundred and eleventh post.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2009, 07:33:22 am »

When the alternative is massive depopulation due to food shortages thanks to shifting weather patterns and the mass relocation of billions of humans from low lying areas, quite a lot actually.

Edited to add: And this concludes my one thousand one hundred and eleventh post.

Noble thought.  How much is quite a lot?  Would you be willing to live like people in the 19th century? 

What if all the expense didn't stop the climate change enough to save anyone?  Could the money be better spent elsewhere doing such things as relocating billions of people that would need to be moved in spite of the world's best efforts to control climate unsuccessfully?

Contgrats on 1111 posts.

OpenYourEyesTulsa
Civic Leader

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2009, 08:13:51 am »

I am against any bill that will increase the size of the federal government.  Also I do not see anything in the Constitution that says they can force this on the states.  I am a conservationist.  I want to preserve the land, sea, air and animals.  I go out of my way to recycle and I have a fairly energy efficient home.  What needs to happen is we need to change the economy from being greed and profit based to being resource based.  We need to invest in technology that will create an abundance of clean resources like energy, food, and drinking water.  We need to stop making products that are obsolete after 1 year and break and cannot be upgraded or recycled.  We need the people to make these changes and push for them not a corrupt government with hidden agendas.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2009, 08:28:01 am »

What if the climate change ended up producing more food.  Who's to say our climate is perfect the way it is now?

/wrench in the argument

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org